Just curious for those anticipating a close game this Saturday night...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jacktheripper85

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, we shouldn't lose. But I personally think it will be close.

We lost the vikints game bc both of our starting cb's went out in the fourth and Keenum started picking Hatfield apart who was guarding Theilon. So we kinda did get beat by Keenum. And then our D got tired bc our offense couldn't do anything.

Agree with some of your points but the biggest play of that game was Kupps fumble. I’d like to see Keenum play when he’s actually down by 7 or more against a team with a good pass rush.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s the freaking playoffs. We ain’t playing against scrubs here. The Rams are not ‘clearly a better team’ when they have an 11-5 record vs a 10-6 record. The falcons went 10-6 in a division with two other great playoff teams. Why on earth are you all so confident?!
I'm not overly confident but I just have this feeling... games are all about match-ups.

Most of my confidence is centered around the match-up between their Oline and our Dline. I think Ryan will be under attack for most of the game. Take ANY QB (ANY - including the Wunderboy Brady) and put them under enough pressure and bad things happen for them (meaning good thing for us). .
I also think we can run against them, although not as confident as the match-up I just mentioned. If the Rams can run, it opens everything else up and we should be in good shape.

So lets just say hypothetically that we lose this game. Are all of you who are so confident going to take it out on the team or come to grips with the fact that the Falcons are a decent opponent? Given that we do get beat fair and square and not by our own doing like Sea/Philly.
Yeah... IF the Rams lose, I hope this board spends more time being grateful for all the good things that happened this year... and how bright the future looks... than spending time grousing and attacking coaches, players, refs or fellow Rams fans.
It's why I try not to get too high or too low (although I respect those that must go to that place).

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
No one thought we would have to start our 4th or 5th CB against Theilen, so there's always that I guess.
Yep, i brought that up in another post. That's why I've stopped being over confident with these games. We SHOULD win this match up based on the players starting, but sometimes people get injured or we make bone headed mistakes.

jap

Legend
It’s the freaking playoffs. We ain’t playing against scrubs here. The Rams are not ‘clearly a better team’ when they have an 11-5 record vs a 10-6 record. The falcons went 10-6 in a division with two other great playoff teams. Why on earth are you all so confident?!

. . . because they are fans (= fanatics)? :LOL:

I won't discount the Falcons' experience or their burning desire to avenge the last SB. I just want to see our young kids hold it together wrt nerves and execute well. We are going to have to be smart pass rushing Matt and the SonOfBum must disguise his blitzes very well. It would be nice to grab an early lead and turn the game mostly over to the Gurley Man, but we must be prepared to play well if the early breaks go the Falcons' way.

I haven't heard too much flack from Dirty Birds fans as yet so maybe the week won't be as bad as I thought.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first step to beating one’s opponent is to fully respect one’s opponent.

I do believe the Rams and most of Rams nation respect the former NFC Champion Falcons.

Carpe Diem Rams. It’s Payback time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Agree with some of your points but the biggest play of that game was Kupps fumble. I’d like to see Keenum play when he’s actually down by 7 or more against a team with a good pass rush.

Case is a totally and completly different dood this year, and he has 3 game winning drives by the way.

He's not taking sacks, he's not turning the ball over and he's completing passes at a very, very high rate.

Ellard80

Legend
This is the NFL where anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday - and it's the playoffs where the quality of the teams are even greater.

At the moment we are a 6pt favorite (which is a big spread for an nfl game)

So we have some advantages, but this is the NFL everything is a coin flip.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
We have a fully rested team, in essence coming off a bye week and are extremely healthy going into this game. The Falcons are traveling cross country on a short week after a physical game where they sustained some injuries to their key players.

We have the best defensive player in the game going up against a back up on the interior line where Ryan is most susceptible.

We have the best offensive player in the game going up against a team that has had a lot of trouble dealing with physical backs and backs who catch the ball out of the backfield.

We have the best return man and best punter in the league going up against a crappy ST unit.

We are home, haven’t lost 2 games in a row all year, annihilated the team we played after a bye week and have a better overall coaching staff.

Outside of the cover your ass “fanspeak” of “anything can happen on any given Sunday” banter is there any reason we shouldn’t feel confident about winning this game pretty comfortably? I know it’s been a long draught and some of us are “just excited to be in the playoffs” but I will honestly be extremely disappointed if we don’t win this game and win easily pulling away.

Confident but don't expect to be angrily disappointed if they lose.

We have a talented yet young team.

The Rams will be back again next year and the year after that.

Ellard80

Legend

The basis of optimism is sheer terror
- Oscar Wilde

jacktheripper85

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Case is a totally and completly different dood this year, and he has 3 game winning drives by the way.

He's not taking sacks, he's not turning the ball over and he's completing passes at a very, very high rate.

The Vikings were never down by more than 7 in any of those games. In 2 of the 3 wins the game was tied in the 4th quarter so he never had a do or die drive in those games. Look, Keenum has played great this year but with the Vikings D he hasn’t been in a situation where he’s had to bring them back from a lead of more than 7 pts-and never greater than 7 in the second half of a game this year.

I think if you can get a 10 pt lead on the Vikings you may see a different Keenum but that’s easier said than done with that D.

Ram65

Legend
I have to respect the Falcons. They have weapons and experience. I keep hearing that the defense is really fast. I know they are banged up and the Rams have to take advantage of that. The Rams have rested starters. They are at home and I expect a better home field advantage than in the regular season. . A little surprised that the Rams are 6 point or so favorites with having little playoff experience. A play or two and the nerves should calm down. I don't see a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination. The most important thing is the Rams won't be overconfident. McVay will have them focused and ready to go.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think if you can get a 10 pt lead on the Vikings you may see a different Keenum but that’s easier said than done with that D.

The Steelers are the only team to take a 10+ point lead on the Vikings.

In their other two losses they had 3 turnovers in each game.

It'll be a fight, and the Vikings will be favored but it's winnable for the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You bunch of ninnies. This isn't time for hand wringing, we have every reason to be confident going into this game.

Rams gonna rip them a new @$$hole and stomp the everlovin $#!T out of them on national TV.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

I think we will win for the record but it’s absolutely going to be close and the falcons are absolutely capable of coming in here and beating us.

We can’t take the piss out of the falcons fans for their blind optimism in the ‘what other teams are saying’ thread and then do the exact same thing here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we will win for the record but it’s absolutely going to be close and the falcons are absolutely capable of coming in here and beating us.

We can’t take the tick out of the falcons fans for their blind optimism in the ‘what other teams are saying’ thread and then do the exact same thing here.

I don't think it's going to be close. The matchups look really good for us IMO, I think they're going to struggle in the trenches and vs the Rams that's a bad place to be. Their OL is dinged up, and facing the best 3T in the league where they have a backup they'll need to help. Their front seven's weakness is the pass rush, and against this particular offense low pressure is a bad deal.

I also really like the OC vs DC matchups on both sides. McVay over Quinn, and Phillips over Sark. Both favor us, and the Rams have seen this basic scheme what, six times?

For myself it looks like the Rams should be able to build a good lead and add to it. I don't think it'll be close, and that isn't blind optimism by any means.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So lets just say hypothetically that we lose this game. Are all of you who are so confident going to take it out on the team or come to grips with the fact that the Falcons are a decent opponent? Given that we do get beat fair and square and not by our own doing like Sea/Philly.

oh @BriansRams , you and your crazy hypotheticals.

oh wait, it's not you. carry on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We can’t take the tick out of the falcons fans for their blind optimism in the ‘what other teams are saying’ thread and then do the exact same thing here.

we have confidence, with good reason. they have blind optimism.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Falcons is the Superbowl Last year
giphy.gif