Just a rumor from LaCanfora

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
I'm just saying for this team, currently, what could those guys do that would be any better than Spags?
Not a damn thing. That's the issue, not next season. A new HC could have a perfect storm of things go right for the Rams, but would that compare at all to the crap that's gone down this year? No.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No coach in the history of sports could have succeeded with the hand Spags was dealt with. The Rams were less than an expansion team in 2009, because not even expansion teams had to deal with the amount of dead money we had. We had moderate success in 2010, in spite of a limited free agency and all of our wideouts, save for Amendola, either going down with injuries or dropping passes at an alarming rate. And this year, we have players dropping like Soviet soldiers shot by the ghost of Simo Hayha (Finnish sniper who fought in WW2, if anyone's curious). How the hell do you succeed with that?

I don't want him fired. In spite of everything that's gone on this season, he still has one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. Despite having ten cornerbacks on IR, our secondary isn't even close to being the worst in the league. And even with all of the losses, his team still hasn't quit on him. They respect him as a coach.

I'm worried that if Spags is fired, the new coach is going to want things done his way. I'm worried that it would mean that our defense goes through an entirely new philosophy like the Browns did this year, that we would switch to a 3-4 when we have nobody who would do as well in that system. That means that Long and Laurinaitis are gone.

If Spags is fired, I'll still support the new coach. I just wouldn't want him to fix things that aren't broken.

Just my two cents.