Just a few more thoughts, and I can't stop thinking about the game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This Rams team has 2 holes:

Oline - Blythe, Noteboom and Havenstein struggle in pass protection. Add Everett and Higbee to the mix and you have a very bad pass blocking squad.

ILB- we don’t have the talent to cover the short middle and the flats. The flats have been our Achilles heel all year. The middle has been covered up at times by batted passes and scheme help.
I absolutely agree fix no invest in the OL and see Goff reemerge. Same shit happened with Warner.

Put Brees or Brady with our line and see how good they would be i doubt they fair much better. The passes are short or the accuracy is off due to the OL not Goff. No time to throw, rushed throws no solid wide picket to throw from. We have lost over 7ppg since 17/18 why is that our TEs are better, wrs arguably ar just as good or better. Run game isn't as strong (because of the OL).

fearsomefour

Legend
You don’t see many old school headset throwin, spittle flyin, ass chewin coaches anymore. Part of it has to do with the athlete of today, ripping a guy a new one in front of the whole world isn’t going to be tolerated like it was in the past, and now everyone has a platform to share their unhappiness with all their followers. Times change, attitudes change, there was a time a coach could grab a jersey or a face mask to get his point across, those days are gone for the most part. There are fewer and fewer ditkas and more McVay’s.
Yeah.
Probably a good thing overall.

fearsomefour

Legend
How so?

The head coach is the leader of the entire team and if he can't get fired up and walks around passively it reflects on the entire team.

Coaches have the ability to fire up and adrenalize their team, I have seen it happen.

Intensity and acting like you care can actually be the difference between a win and a loss.
And please don't give me the old, "they're professionals blah blah blah" because everybody is different and some people respond to the coach showing some emotion like he cares.

You can see the players themselves, even veteran players, get very excited when they make a good play.

He was supposed to be like Jon Gruden but Jon Gruden can carry a team in a close game by firing people up.
Just didn’t work with professionals I think.
These aren’t children.
They are adults who’ve been doing this their whole life.
Throwing a chair or whatever will likely make as many of them laugh at him as it would make them respond.
There are also all kind of intensity.
I’m sure McVay has their respect.
There is more than one way, as they say.

Flint

Pro Bowler
How so?

The head coach is the leader of the entire team and if he can't get fired up and walks around passively it reflects on the entire team.

Coaches have the ability to fire up and adrenalize their team, I have seen it happen.

Intensity and acting like you care can actually be the difference between a win and a loss.
And please don't give me the old, "they're professionals blah blah blah" because everybody is different and some people respond to the coach showing some emotion like he cares.

You can see the players themselves, even veteran players, get very excited when they make a good play.

He was supposed to be like Jon Gruden but Jon Gruden can carry a team in a close game by firing people up.
Not sure chucky is such a great example.

TexasRam

Legend
Tony Dungy was an cexcellent coach that also won a Super Bowl.

You don’t need to yell in peoples faces to have success.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
For next year:
1) stud OC - offense needs a pump
2) very good ILB
3). deep threat WR/KR
Need some one who comes down with 50/50 balls. Everett just needed to go up and fight for the ball. We have nobody that does that.

Tano

Legend
just meant he has the ability, not that he always does it
train
I want a receiver that more often than not catches those contested passes (Kupp and Woods are pretty good at it but I want a very good one)

Not sure we can get one with our Salary Cap and Draft Pick status

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Just didn’t work with professionals I think.
These aren’t children.
They are adults who’ve been doing this their whole life.
Throwing a chair or whatever will likely make as many of them laugh at him as it would make them respond.
There are also all kind of intensity.
I’m sure McVay has their respect.
There is more than one way, as they say.
If they have his respect, I don't think they're going to laugh at him if he gets pissed off.

Hell, those professionals should be pissed off as well.

If they think there's something funny about getting your ass whooped by a winless team we don't need them on our team anyway.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Add Webster has no vision, which is why he could not take advantage of a huge seam. That moment kills me! Why isn’t Henderson fielding punts and kick offs? He has great hands. Xmas wish list: put Hendo on special teams from here in and prioritise a returner in the mid rounds of the draft

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Add Webster has no vision, which is why he could not take advantage of a huge seam. That moment kills me! Why isn’t Henderson fielding punts and kick offs? He has great hands. Xmas wish list: put Hendo on special teams from here in and prioritise a returner in the mid rounds of the draft

What happened to RB Raymond Calais ?

fearsomefour

Legend
If they have his respect, I don't think they're going to laugh at him if he gets pissed off.

Hell, those professionals should be pissed off as well.

If they think there's something funny about getting your ass whooped by a winless team we don't need them on our team anyway.
Not about that.
It’s about an adult acting like a baby with a dirty diaper.
Of employed rarely it could have an affect.
It’s a common thing it means nothing.
None (or very very few) of these guys could ever reach this level without a ton of motivation and drive.
If a coach getting angry suddenly motivated them they won’t stay motivated very long.
It’s a cheap trick.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Tony Dungy was an cexcellent coach that also won a Super Bowl.

You don’t need to yell in peoples faces to have success.
Yeah no need to throw chairs or anything, but how exactly is McVay going to get this team up for the crap teams. Seems to be a consistent problem

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

good ole espn, i knew i could depend on them. they blame the loss solely on goff. i think that is the deepest they can look at a team, did the qb play well? no, he's the reason the team lost.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

2 of those 3 plays I blame Young or Reeder for not communicating.

The last play was on Reeder - that was Ramseys guy and Reeder should have stayed in the middle

Is it coincidence Reeder was involved in the communication on all 3 plays. Is he the one calling the plays on defense - if so - he had a big fail on all 3 of those plays

I think the Jets spotted a weakness in our defense and determined that Reeder does not recognize the pass plays well enough.

Everyone played like shit but Reeder was the biggest weakness. He should only be in the game on 1st or 2nd down and should be out of the game on 3rd down and 3 or more to go.

We need Kiser for the playoffs for this team to get to the super bowl

Yeah, as I posted in another thread, the Jets OC looked across the line and like in the Waterboy, saw Reeder and said, "there's my bitch"

It really looked like he didn't know what his responsibility was based on the formation. That's inexcusable. We don't allow rookie RBs to play in part because they HAVE to know their blitz pickup assignments.

So, for Reeder to consistently NOT know his assignment is just inexcusable and it may be that the only reason he's out there is that they don't have a better replacement.