Junior Galette FA and Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Something else beside the physical. If he couldn't pass a physical here, why would he try to pass it in Seatlle? Had to be the workout, or more than likely his attitude.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That old saying "You had me at hello!". Well, this must have been the polar opposite in football courtship:
"You lost me at weigh in!"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Dodged a bullet on that one.

giphy.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Something else beside the physical. If he couldn't pass a physical here, why would he try to pass it in Seatlle? Had to be the workout, or more than likely his attitude.

Same reason Saffold failed his physical in Oakland and then came back to us, every team could be different....Not sure what it was because Galette had thrived under DL Coach Bill Johnson and played under LB Coach Joe Barry in Washington, have a feeling, he was out of shape or out of sorts, but I'm not upset.

Ejuan Price has a major opportunity here and Price can rush the passer, the question looms, can he hold the edge in the run game. Would not shock me if the Rams traded for someone if Longacre is not ready and the staff views this as a glaring weakness.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It’s not uncommon. People fail physicals and go to another team. Saffold here hits close to home. There may very well be different tests by different teams based on what they determine important.

You also have to figure in need and desperation. Sheattle fills both those bills.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
So the NFL doesn't have a standard physical that each team has to follow?

Fail one teams and keep moving on til one of them passes you?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
As others have said, I think we dodged a bullet here.

Too many question marks about Galette to suit me.

Health
Attitude
Locker room fit
Money

I think that Wade is gonna have some tough cuts at Rush LB as it is. Great kids with big upsides and are still inexpensive.

I give the Rams credit for looking under every stone for a player that might help them this year, but it sounds like something went terribly wrong in the interview process. And this was with coaches that he was familiar with.

Like I said, probably a bullet dodged. No need to import a potential locker room problem.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/JovaisG/status/1031739976168263680

Wonder what went down, but it doesn't sound like he is coming to LA. Maybe Wade likes who he has....hope that is the case.

You’d think at some point he’d learn not to tweet every twist and turn until something actually happens. Kind of embarrassing dude. And a bit narcissistic.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
same reason Raiders failed Saffold and we said he was good, Doctors have different options

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So the NFL doesn't have a standard physical that each team has to follow?

Fail one teams and keep moving on til one of them passes you?
I really don't know. But how could Saffold technically fail Oakland's and start for us? I would think it is up to the particular team's physician.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I really don't know. But how could Saffold technically fail Oakland's and start for us? I would think it is up to the particular team's physician.
Well, Oak was also going to pay Saffold big money to play LT. I think someone stepped in and squashed the idea, using the Physical as their out.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I have every confidence in our outside linebackers and our inside linebackers.

So much so to the point that I would almost hate to lose a roster spot to some maybe vet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, Oak was also going to pay Saffold big money to play LT. I think someone stepped in and squashed the idea, using the Physical as their out.
That is what I suspected as well and why I used the word "technically". Still it seems to back up the idea that teams can use their own criteria - not one mandated by the NFL. I would suspect however also that if it came to concussions, the NFL may indeed have some sort of mandated protocol but I'm not sure of that either.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That is what I suspected as well and why I used the word "technically". Still it seems to back up the idea that teams can use their own criteria - not one mandated by the NFL. I would suspect however also that if it came to concussions, the NFL may indeed have some sort of mandated protocol but I'm not sure of that either.
I'm somewhat mixed on the roll of team Doctors. I like that a team can have their own doctor for a physical before signing a player. A doctor is more than likely going to err on the side of caution regarding a players health. In turn protecting the player as well.
As far as signed players. I think a neutral source would be a safer way to go for the player.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I liked the idea at first but apparently he is still injured(?)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...er-shane-ray-chose-rehab-fourth-wrist-surgery

Jeff Legwold/ESPN Senior Writer
Jul 23, 2018

Denver Broncos linebacker Shane Ray, who is now in a contract year, is expected to be worked into training camp practices on a graduated basis after five weeks of rehab work on his ailing wrist instead of surgery that had been scheduled.

Ray, who had three surgical procedures on his wrist last season, went to Houston on June 13 when a fourth surgery had been scheduled. At the time Ray called it a "bone fusion.''

Ray is currently pain-free. Had he had surgery, Ray said the recovery time was expected to be "two or three months.''

Ray finished the 2017 season on injured reserve, placed there in December, shortly after a third surgery on his wrist, that one to remove screws that had been put into place to aid in healing. He finished the season with just one sack.

Ray originally suffered his injury in the first week of training camp and missed the first six games of the regular season on injured reserve. He played in the last eight games, starting seven, but he admitted he struggled at times physically after his return to the lineup.

Because of his injury, he could not weight train as he has in the past and said he had played last season at about 220 pounds rather than his usual 240 to 242 pounds.