Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We already basically have a Julio clone ..... same body type and everything
9D492489-85E3-4436-B0AE-5F11A30FEBD9.jpeg
8B492604-D8EB-4113-BF72-FC6A5F7F9CE2.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s sort of cool to think about, but no way.

We dont have the draft picks. We don’t have the cap. If we get into trading players you‘re taking away, to add. I don’t see where I’d do that on our roster.

oldnotdead

Legend
Geez dudes, the Rams just drafted Harris. He's 6'5", ran a 4.39 just like Julio. He's a developmental player who looks like a primetime guy in 2023. Until then I see him contributing on STs and spot snaps.

In other words, I see Julio as an aging player getting older. In Harris, the Rams have a young player who will get better. He's got the raw talent to be something special.

Now, look at Ben Skowronek, who is 6'3" with 33" arms with 10" hands and runs at least a 4.5 (Notre Dame says it's closer to 4.4) with tremendous ball skills. He will redshirt this year as he injured his foot at the Senior Bowl. Ben is everything the Rams wanted in Reynolds but never got. With Skowronek, they have a much better receiver overall and faster as well.

IMO Snead is looking ahead to 2023. I think the Rams are potentially going to completely overhaul the WR group after 2023 and Harris and Skowronek look to be key players as both of these players project as 2-year projects. Remember just because a guy is tagged as a TE doesn't mean that's where he plays every snap. Harris gives them the ability to play him at all receiver positions but at TE he's a total mismatch for any LB or safety.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Geez dudes, the Rams just drafted Harris. He's 6'5", ran a 4.39 just like Julio. He's a developmental player who looks like a primetime guy in 2023. Until then I see him contributing on STs and spot snaps.

In other words, I see Julio as an aging player getting older. In Harris, the Rams have a young player who will get better. He's got the raw talent to be something special.

Now, look at Ben Skowronek, who is 6'3" with 33" arms with 10" hands and runs at least a 4.5 (Notre Dame says it's closer to 4.4) with tremendous ball skills. He will redshirt this year as he injured his foot at the Senior Bowl. Ben is everything the Rams wanted in Reynolds but never got. With Skowronek, they have a much better receiver overall and faster as well.

IMO Snead is looking ahead to 2023. I think the Rams are potentially going to completely overhaul the WR group after 2023 and Harris and Skowronek look to be key players as both of these players project as 2-year projects. Remember just because a guy is tagged as a TE doesn't mean that's where he plays every snap. Harris gives them the ability to play him at all receiver positions but at TE he's a total mismatch for any LB or safety.
The only reason anyone should be against Julio is the cost. There’s no way he doesn’t make our offense better immediately

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I say go get him, fuck it. Trade one of our WRs, and throw in their first born, a 2050 1st round pick, 3 mistresses, and free "Aaron Donald, save me from an ass whooping" card.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK, This was his first off year with only playing 9 games. 6 straight years prior of 1300 yards or MORE.

View attachment 45554
1300 yards is impressive however he also received an average of over 162 targets over that 6 year span. Conversely, Robert Woods averaged near 1,200 yards in 2018/2019 with only just over 132 targets per year.
Jones is great and all but man, that’s a lot of opps

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I love Harris and Skowronek as well. I've watched both of their films after we drafted them.

I trust Harris' speed, but he flat-out does not have the agility to really sell his routes; he fits as a tight end after bulking up. You're right that he's an absolute freak at 6'5", 219, running a 4.39 forty, but his agility tested poorly (using your measurements, and the tape doesn't lie.) He could be one of the most dominant all-around TEs in the league because while he's rail-thin for a tight end, he has the absolute want-to to block and never has shied away from the physical aspects of the game.

I don't trust your version of Skowronek; he's a 4.6 on the field at the very most, and can't separate from cornerbacks. That was always his problem at Notre Dame; he was a big contested catch target, but he could not separate from any corner and lacked the precise route-running that was necessary for someone to thrive as a wide receiver without speed. That's why he was a seventh round pick. He's physical, fearless, has huge and soft hands, and will be a stud on special teams. But I love him most as an H-back in the mold of Juszczyk.

Quintorris Lopez "Julio" Jones would be an upgrade over any of our receivers. Yes, even Woods and Kupp. I'd deal one of them for Julio easily, and there would be no hesitation; he's absolutely an elite wide receiver, and if we had a legit opportunity at him, I'd be one of the first there.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't trade Bobby Trees for Jones.

Oh Hell NO!

I love Robert Woods more than most but this is pretty silly. Julio is one of the best WRs to ever live and still has a lot left in the tank. 3+ years of elite play left I'd say.

Trading Woods + multiple picks or another player wouldn't be worth it. And I'm not advocating we overpay to get it done. Definitely no more 2nd or 1st round picks to give up. But if there was some magic where we could bend them over in a trade somehow where Woods was the main piece, we'd be crazy not to do it. I doubt it will happen but to say you prefer Woods over Julio is just absolutely insane.

If we got Julio and paired him with Stafford that would boost our Super Bowl chances big time. He's still that good and that much better than Woods.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he were a TD machine it would be a good move. He’s not, plus injuries appear to be consistent.

MachS

Hall of Fame

In other words, I see Julio as an aging player getting older. In Harris, the Rams have a young player who will get better.
By this logic Fendi Onobun should've been better than Tony Gonzalez or Travis Kelce. Come on man, you cant just look at physical measurables. If he becomes 10% of what Julio is that would be a success for him. Im not saying we should give up the farm for Julio. But this to me has a very similar feel to the Stafford deal where many people around here didn't REALLY understand how good Stafford is. Except Julio is even better at WR than Stafford is at QB. To me it sounds like many haven't seen him play enough to respect how special he is. Because putting Jacob Harris in the same sentence as Julio is just blasphemy. The guy is an absolute game changer 100% still.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love Robert Woods more than most but this is pretty silly. Julio is one of the best WRs to ever live and still has a lot left in the tank. 3+ years of elite play left I'd say.

Trading Woods + multiple picks or another player wouldn't be worth it. And I'm not advocating we overpay to get it done. Definitely no more 2nd or 1st round picks to give up. But if there was some magic where we could bend them over in a trade somehow where Woods was the main piece, we'd be crazy not to do it. I doubt it will happen but to say you prefer Woods over Julio is just absolutely insane.

If we got Julio and paired him with Stafford that would boost our Super Bowl chances big time. He's still that good and that much better than Woods.

You silly.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be mad if we got Julio as it would show we are all in, balls and all lol........but fuck, I can't imagine what the compensation would be to pull that off. Could we afford him if we extend Stafford??? Who knows? I will probably just trade for him in Madden to see what it's really like as it's highly unlikely tho :LOL:

Shuie3225

Starter
I wouldn't be mad if we got Julio as it would show we are all in, balls and all lol........but fuck, I can't imagine what the compensation would be to pull that off. Could we afford him if we extend Stafford??? Who knows? I will probably just trade for him in Madden to see what it's really like as it's highly unlikely tho :LOL:
Trading for Julio would mean we're sending back Kupp or Woods. So that would clear up $15M plus a Stafford restructure we could afford him easily. But the issue would be trade compensation because we dont have picks. Is Kupp/Woods + a 2nd rounder worth Julio? Probably but man not having anything in rounds 1-2 next year would be painful.

But I wouldn't put it past Snead to pull something off. The trade compensation in these cases is often less than you think. AZ got Hopkins for a 2nd, 4th, and a washed up David Johnson for Deandre Hopkins and a 4th rounder back. And Hopkins was 27 years old in his prime.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Trading for Julio would mean we're sending back Kupp or Woods. So that would clear up $15M plus a Stafford restructure we could afford him easily. But the issue would be trade compensation because we dont have picks. Is Kupp/Woods + a 2nd rounder worth Julio? Probably but man not having anything in rounds 1-2 next year would be painful.

But I wouldn't put it past Snead to pull something off. The trade compensation in these cases is often less than you think. AZ got Hopkins for a 2nd, 4th, and a washed up David Johnson for Deandre Hopkins and a 4th rounder back. And Hopkins was 27 years old in his prime.
Hey if we can trade fewer assets for him than the Texans got for Hopkins, I'm all for it. Doubt the Falcons are Texans dumb tho lol

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I dunno. The Falcons have cap issues. They may want rooks, but they’d have a higher cap hit exchanging Woods for Jones than if they just kept Jones.

We have the cap room as we haven’t extended or refi’d Stafford.

I just dunno what we could trade besides some very valuable 2022 picks