Julio Jones going to Tampa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Brady is having them over for HGH parties almost every night now.

Errrrrrrrrr.... I mean Botox parties.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They have other acquisitions too

This one is comparable of us getting OBJ last year and them getting Julio Jones this year

OBJ was great for us as a second receiver last year and I feel Julio Jones will be great for them as a second receiver last year
Not comparable to getting OBJ, imo. 4 years older and coming off consecutive down years with multiple nagging injuries.

OBJ was 28, Julio is 33.

I think if Julio can.. somehow.. stay healthy. He might put up 60 catches. Just doesn't have much juice.

And, the money talks. 6 million dollars with incentives to 8, from what I've read.

Doesn't move the needle for me.. and Fournette is fat.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure Jones can pick up most of the offense in one training camp. OBJ came midseason without prior knowledge. He's going to be their WR3/4 so all the pressure isn't on him.
Maybe so. But he is coming off a poor season and he is old at a position where speed is a premium.

So for him to join a team late like this makes me wonder if he has one foot in retirement. In the Navy we called that the road program, for retired on active duty. There are some concerning tells at play here for a Tampa fan hoping he can help them.

When we draw them I figure the defensive gameplan won't have too much focus on him.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Maybe so. But he is coming off a poor season and he is old at a position where speed is a premium.

So for him to join a team late like this makes me wonder if he has one foot in retirement. In the Navy we called that the road program, for retired on active duty. There are some concerning tells at play here for a Tampa fan hoping he can help them.

When we draw them I figure the defensive gameplan won't have too much focus on him.
He’s trying to get a ring before he retires. Even as a WR 3/4, I’m sure he’s still physical and can catch contested balls. He shouldn’t be targeted much but can Durant, Rochell, Kendrick match up against an old Julio?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He’s trying to get a ring before he retires. Even as a WR 3/4, I’m sure he’s still physical and can catch contested balls. He shouldn’t be targeted much but can Durant, Rochell, Kendrick match up against an old Julio?
Maybe. Or maybe he's trying to get a paycheck before he retires. One of the biggest pitfalls with FA is trying to figure out which guys are all-in mentally. It's one of the reasons why there's so many teams whiffing on FAs every year. It's human nature to get that big paycheck then all of a sudden life away from the game is so great that maybe you spend less attention to your job.

I had the same concern when we signed Whit. I was wrong. Will I be wrong with Julio? Maybe. But as I pointed out I don't like the choice of offense and late start for him, and last year's lack of production was a serious sign of concern on top of that.

Also and lastly guys who are used to being the focus of the gameplan aren't always so ready to slide into that WR3/4 role and be happy about it. Which can cause issues in the roster/locker room. So there's a lot of elements at play with Julio's addition to the Bucs that I'm not impressed with. I'll be surprised if he puts up a good season statistically and I expect our defense will handle him just fine.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And this matters how? Nothing to see here.