Julio Jones going to Tampa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup could be a decent signing if he can get and stay healthy. Think he pulled something every week in practice or game last year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I hate this. I see no downside to it....except for us. Hope I am wrong....

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Buccaneers signing wide receiver Julio Jones to one-year deal​

Julio Jones is returning to the NFC South.
The Buccaneers are signing the veteran wide receiver to a one-year deal, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per a source.
Jones, who spent 10 seasons of a Hall of Fame-worthy career with the Falcons, joins a former rival in Tampa with the hope of contending for a Super Bowl alongside quarterback Tom Brady, who took a ring away from Atlanta in an epic comeback in Super Bowl LI.
Brady figures to maintain the offensive prowess in Tampa with Jones in the mix. Jones joins a loaded Bucs receiving corps in with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and newcomer Russell Gage. While Godwin continues to rehab from an ACL tear sustained late in the 2021 season, Jones is a reinforcement of sorts. The Bucs also lost Rob Gronkowski this offseason following the tight end's retirement.

Jones is coming off an injury-laden season in Tennessee, producing just 31 receptions for 434 yards and one touchdown in 10 games played. Jones managed to return for the Titans' playoff run, tallying six catches for 62 yards in their Divisional Round loss to the Bengals.
A different situation in Tampa may prove beneficial for Jones coming off a career-low season in all categories. The Bucs led the NFL in passing yards per game (307.6) and finished second with 30.1 points per game in 2021. Brady led the NFL in passing yards (5,316) and touchdowns in what was his 22nd NFL season.
Jones was one of 12 players remaining on Gregg Rosenthal's Top 101 free agent list for 2022.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't know what the Bucs are running now in terms of their jargon for the offense. But I don't think Jones knows the offense. So him coming in this late, yeah I agree it's gonna mean he probably puts up another poor outing.

Jones is stupid as F. What he should do is sign with the Colts where he knows the scheme. But maybe he and Matty hate each other. It's a tell that something was up between them IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

grandpa to grandpa.

these bucs are going places. likely to the grave.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Regardless, they are a very good team that hasn't beaten the Rams since JWin was at the helm. Brady played two less than pedestrian games in both SB's the Pats beat the Rams. With the Bucs, even Goff rolled over him

Ellard80

Legend
Well we match up well with Tampa Bay - for whatever reason.

Jones doesnt scare me... as long as they keep PDs screened.

Ram65

Legend
I hate seeing aged former great players getting a chance with a contender. Jones has slowed down greatly. I'd rather he plays for a non-contender. You never know.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Buccs are the new Over the Hill Gang, with same result. Nothing.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Did anyone watch him last year? I did. Had him on the fantasy team. I could run any of you out onto the field this year and get the exact same production the Bucs are gonna get from him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know what the Bucs are running now in terms of their jargon for the offense. But I don't think Jones knows the offense. So him coming in this late, yeah I agree it's gonna mean he probably puts up another poor outing.

Jones is stupid as F. What he should do is sign with the Colts where he knows the scheme. But maybe he and Matty hate each other. It's a tell that something was up between them IMO.
LOL I took a lot of Flack for calling him dumb years ago. I certainly agree and it’s why I didn’t think he’d be a great pro. He proved me wrong about the latter.

He doesn’t scare anyone at this point.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Tampa is doing the all in thing just like the Rams

LOL. A blockbuster trade for Jamar Chase might be going all in. A trade for Julio at this point in his career is just adding veteran leadership and a guy who hopefully still has wheels.

Tano

Legend
LOL. A blockbuster trade for Jamar Chase might be going all in. A trade for Julio at this point in his career is just adding veteran leadership and a guy who hopefully still has wheels.
They have other acquisitions too

This one is comparable of us getting OBJ last year and them getting Julio Jones this year

OBJ was great for us as a second receiver last year and I feel Julio Jones will be great for them as a second receiver last year

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

I'm sure Jones can pick up most of the offense in one training camp. OBJ came midseason without prior knowledge. He's going to be their WR3/4 so all the pressure isn't on him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wish we had him two years ago. We did. Four years ago then.