Josh Gordon faces season-long suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Regardless for why he did it it's not worth millions of dollars! lol come on brah!!! Would you put down the weed for a few years for millions each year? This guy doesn't get it.... and personally I do support legalization. It's very ignorant to think weed is a drug as it's scheduled with the Federal Goverment.

I took a pill for the benefit of my health and my country that only caused "toxic brain damage" - with the all side effects from pharmaceuticals, its not far fetched at all to consider the alternatives

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I took a pill for the benefit of my health and my country that only caused "toxic brain damage" - with the all side effects from pharmaceuticals, its not far fetched at all to consider the alternatives
It is when a huge part of our economy is based on catching, imprisoning, and prosecuting 'criminals' who smoke or produce marijuana. As for the pill you took, it's amazing how much BS get's approved and sent to our troops. I personally thank god I haven't had any issues but most of the things I have heard are pretty bad that we've provided as ' safe means' vaccination etc.

iced

It is when a huge part of our economy is based on catching, imprisoning, and prosecuting 'criminals' who smoke or produce marijuana. As for the pill you took, it's amazing how much BS get's approved and sent to our troops. I personally thank god I haven't had any issues but most of the things I have heard are pretty bad that we've provided as ' safe means' vaccination etc.

As far as the pill goes, yea it's fucking irritating that multiple times the FDA told them to stop distributing it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-us-troops-haunted-by-anti-malaria-drugs-side-effects/

especially when their last warning came out in 2009, and in 2010 that was the first thing prescribed to my battalion.

But either way - our economy these days are pretty lax when it comes to weed...i'm sure there are some exceptions, but generally speaking most people are a lot more lax on it - especially since more of the medical benefits are coming to light and BS myths (like gateway drug) are being exposed for the lies that they are. (weed has never led anyone to another drug, it's only been a "gateway" to the fridge)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
depends on what your perception of medical reasons are..

i can tell you right now, some of its best uses are for stomach aches, anxiety, hangovers, add/adhd, headaches, joint pain, etc. the list goes on

we can speculate - but there's no way to truly know..however, there are plenty of legit uses for it over prescription pills. Especially if you run across someone who refuses prescriptions and prefers all natural

IOW I can smoke it to cure whatever I say is wrong with me, or hurting, or making me nervous, or causing me to have trouble concentrating (thats the funniest one ). In that case I'll decline the bet LOL.

Dude is a pothead. Period. And he isn't smart enough to leave it alone failed test after failed test.

He is still stupid after all these years.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
... boredom, movie openings, hunger, foreplay, amusement parks, concerts, etc.

So do you wait until the buzz passes to "consumate" the act.

That is SO Austin Powers of you.

iced

IOW I can smoke it to cure whatever I say is wrong with me, or hurting, or making me nervous, or causing me to have trouble concentrating (thats the funniest one ). In that case I'll decline the bet LOL.

Dude is a pothead. Period. And he isn't smart enough to leave it alone failed test after failed test.

He is still stupid after all these years.

I understand a lot of people claiming "lack of concentration" is popular excuse - but that doesn't discount its validity. I have ADD/ADHD, and I'll swear all day long it helps me a ton in that regard.

The true difference is between "moderate use" and "excessive use". If I smoke a whole bong or bowl to myself of some great stuff, i'm fried - but if I just take a hit or two and set it aside, it works perfectly. I can't tell you how many papers and assignments i've done after using a moderate amount, while being able to successfully block out other distractions mentally and focus on them.

Then again people think its funny/weird/odd that caffeine (cause I have ADHD) makes me tired/crash because they don't understand how it works.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I understand a lot of people claiming "lack of concentration" is popular excuse - but that doesn't discount its validity. I have ADD/ADHD, and I'll swear all day long it helps me a ton in that regard.

The true difference is between "moderate use" and "excessive use". If I smoke a whole bong or bowl to myself of some great stuff, i'm fried - but if I just take a hit or two and set it aside, it works perfectly. I can't tell you how many papers and assignments i've done after using a moderate amount, while being able to successfully block out other distractions mentally and focus on them.

Mebbe ya should change yer name from "iced" to "glazed".

Just kidding......go to the Off Topic forum and answer my question about Google Drive or I'm sending you Full Monte pics in PM.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The factory of sadness finds a way to keep letting fans down.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I read after his 1 year suspension if he fails again it's a lifetime ban. Is that correct?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
New policy will change pot discipline
By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

It would be too late to help Josh Gordon, Will Hill or anyone else in danger of a lengthy suspension for violations of current rules. But when and if the NFL's new drug policy is finalized and announced, it will include changes specific to marijuana and other drugs of abuse.

A source told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the renegotiation of the drug policy, which has been going on since 2011 and includes testing for human growth hormone, also will significantly increase the threshold for a positive marijuana test and reduce the punishments for violations involving that drug.

The source said the NFL's policy on marijuana is outdated, pointing out that the World Anti-Doping Agency has a higher threshold for a positive test than the NFL currently does.

The NFL Players Association has expressed to the league an interest in studying the medical research that has led to the legalization of marijuana in many states for medicinal use, but it believes changes are needed in the meantime regardless.

What is holding up the implementation and announcement of changes to the league's drug policy is a continued standoff over arbitration of discipline. In cases of nonanalytical positives (i.e., an Alex Rodriguez-type case in which a player is found to be in violation of the drug policy by some method other than a failed test) or in cases of violations of law (i.e., a player getting caught trying to smuggle prescription drugs across the Canadian border), the NFLPA has asked that discipline appeals be heard by an independent arbitrator.

The NFL has continued to insist that the commissioner have final say over discipline matters.

It's the same hang-up that was addressed last week by union president Eric Winston, who said of commissioner Roger Goodell on the issue of HGH testing, "He wants to hold all the cards and he wants to be the judge, jury and executioner, and we're not going to go for an un-American system like that."

In response to the union's claims, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello emailed the following to ESPN last week: "It's kind of funny because since 2011 the union has come up with one excuse after another to avoid implementing an agreement to test for HGH. First, it was the testing method; then it was the population study; now it's commissioner authority. Our commitment to testing is clear. The same cannot be said of the union."

The dispute over arbitration, it turns out, is holding up more than just HGH testing. There are widespread changes to the NFL's drug policy that these two sides have negotiated and are waiting to implement once they can reach agreement on the administration of discipline.

Source: League, union haven’t agreed to relaxed marijuana rules
Posted by Mike Florio on May 15, 2014

marijuana.jpg
Getty Images

Earlier this week, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com reported that the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to adjust the rules regarding marijuana, pending an agreement regarding HGH testing.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations, the report is inaccurate.

The source explained that increased marijuana concentrations and/or decreased marijuana discipline have never been formally proposed by either side. The possibility was mentioned only once during the discussions, and it is not part of the tentative agreement that hinges on the league and the union finalizing HGH testing.

“It’s not in there,” the source said regarding the information relating to changes to the marijuana rules.

That said, the current proposal does include the ability of the medical experts who run the substance-abuse program to adjust the time period that a player spends in the program. Rather than relying on a specific duration (such as two years or, for a player in Stage 3, the rest of his career), the player could be removed from the program if/when a clinical determination is made that the oversight no longer is needed.

In theory, the current proposal could be modified to include, for example, an increase in the concentration for marijuana or a decrease in the penalties. For now, though, the tentative deal does not include either of those things.

It’s possible that the NFLPA was simply floating the potential adjustment to the marijuana rules as a trial balloon to the media. The better approach could be to simply make the proposal to the league.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The ban on weed perplexes me to this day and is one of the stupidest bans of anything I think I've ever seen.

It's less harmful than tobacco and alcohol, which can be sold like rainwater for much cash. If only weed had big corporations backing it to persuade people to look the other way then it'd probably wouldn't be banned.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The ban on weed perplexes me to this day and is one of the stupidest bans of anything I think I've ever seen.

It's less harmful than tobacco and alcohol, which can be sold like rainwater for much cash. If only weed had big corporations backing it to persuade people to look the other way then it'd probably wouldn't be banned.

There are corporations backing it, but the wrong side. Cartels backing it so it stays illegal.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
There are corporations backing it, but the wrong side. Cartels backing it so it stays illegal.
I believe this! And it fits with the rest of the crap that corporations do to the masses!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I believe this! And it fits with the rest of the crap that corporations do to the masses!

Just ask the mayor of Chicago aka (The Godfather). You know the cartel has their hands in his pocket to make Chicago one of the biggest drug hubs in the U.S.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow after the season he just had is he that stupid. If he would have kept that up he would be paid. Now he will be unemployed. well we can sign him in 2015. lol

And he put up his huge numbers in 12 games.
The guy is an amazing wr. I hope he gets his head on straight. He's fun to watch.

scifiman

I know from being a young man once how invincible I felt and risk taking was almost an every day adventure it seemed. I can only imagine what it would have been like with the money these guys get. Sometimes you just get stupid and think it no big deal but then you get the random test. I think maybe some of this is kind of strict for the off season. PED's are 1 thing. Codeine? Why? Is it illegal? I can even see banning it during the season. The thing is there are probably a bunch of banned stuff that to you and me seems ridiculous. Wonder how many of us would pass the tests that they do on these guys.

All that being said I think for what these guys are making and the short time on average for their careers they could abstain for say 6 years. Maybe more if they are lucky. Once you are retired you have the rest of your life to do whatever. But with money.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Dumb as a sack of hammers!
---------------------------------
Josh Gordon ticketed for speeding
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2014

speedracer.jpg

As the appeal of Josh Gordon’s reported suspension moves along slowly, Gordon himself was recently moving very quickly.

Allegedly.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, police ticketed Gordon for speeding over Memorial Day weekend. A passenger in the vehicle was cited for marijuana possession after the officer detected the odor of it in the vehicle.

Gordon allegedly was driving his Mercedes Benz SUV 74 miles per hour in a 60-mph zone on Sunday, May 25.

The third-year wideout faces a one-year suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy. His appeal is pending and, in theory, a decision could come at any time.

Regardless of whether he beats the current suspension, Gordon must submit to up to 10 drug tests per month. If Gordon is around marijuana smoke, he could end up testing positive even if he didn’t actually smoke it.

If, as Cabot recently told PFT Live, Gordon is in Stage 3 of the substance-abuse program, any positive result would result in a minimum suspension of one-year.