Josh Gordon faces season-long suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon could face a season-long suspension after a second failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

Reached by phone Friday afternoon, Gordon said: "That's something you're going to have to talk to [agent] Drew Rosenhaus about. I really don't know anything about it."

Asked whether he planned an appeal of his suspension and test, Gordon said, "I'm going to have to find out about that later. You need to call Drew," before hanging up.

Rosenhaus declined to comment but said the information was "not true."

The 23-year-old Gordon was expected to the top target for Brian Hoyer or rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel this upcoming season.

Gordon, who was suspended last season without pay for two games and two additional game checks for his first violation of the league's policy, led the Browns with 87 receptions and had nine touchdowns last season. He led the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards and became the first player in NFL history with consecutive 200-yard receiving games.

Gordon said last year's suspension was the result of using cough syrup that contained codeine -- a banned substance.

Two sources told "Outside the Lines" Friday that Gordon's latest violation is the result of marijuana being found during a drug test. One source said that Gordon received a letter in early winter from a league physician stating he had failed a test. A second letter, informing Gordon that he faced a 16-game suspension but had the right to appeal, was sent in late April.

Gordon had drug-testing problems in college as well. He was dismissed from the Baylor Bears after being suspended twice for marijuana use. He transferred to Utah but didn't play there after failing another drug test.

Gordon is considered the star on an offense that added Manziel Thursday night with the 22nd selection in the first round of the draft.

Prior to the draft, Gordon pushed behind the scenes for the Browns to take Manziel.

"I think I was just a big fan of his overall game, his prowess on it," Gordon said Friday on "SVP & Russillo" on ESPN Radio, before "Outside the Lines" reported the substance abuse policy violation. "His outlook on it. His fire and ambition and will to win was greater than I think any other prospect in the draft.

"Despite all the mixed reviews and the media downsizing him, his perseverance seemed to be a lot greater than that. I saw something a lot deeper than just his talent that could take us to the next level."

lockdnram21

Legend
Wow after the season he just had is he that stupid. If he would have kept that up he would be paid. Now he will be unemployed. well we can sign him in 2015. lol

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Wow, no wonder the Browns were thinking about taking Watkins

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. How could someone be so stupid? Put the weed down. It's not worth millions of dollars.

69superbowl

Rookie
"At a party, "others" smoking weed, just happened to be there. This isn't fair, man..."

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That's going to seriously hurt Manziel in his rookie season if Gordon is down for the count.

iced

I seriously hate the perception and ban of weed.

I have a brain injury from taking an anti-malaria pill (mefloquinn, a legal substance that the FDA told the military to stop using multiple times) and I smoke weed as part of the treatment for those side effects.

The fact that Weed has safer side effects and medicinal purposes, to be considered a drug, especially when you consider all the side effects of medicine,just makes me shake my head. even my mom,whom is a chemist, prefers natural over created...

such bs

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I really don't care about marijuana. What I do care about is that a guy can't put down the bong, and doesn't care if he hurts his team and costs himself millions of dollars doing it. You just can't trust a player like that

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
It really is stupid that marijuana is illegal considering how alcohol and cigarettes are worse in my opinion. But until it is legal these guys need to let it go. It's not worth hurting your team and yourself financially. Just when it looked like Cleveland was putting together a nice team this happens. I feel sorry for the fans.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm on the record of saying that I think Gordon has grown up and he shouldn't get into any more trouble, and I even suggested we should trade for him.

Evidently I was wrong, and I am eating crow on that one. This kid is apparently an idiot.

VilleDeal

UDFA
check his story out of Waco a few years ago.... let off light then.. what can be said?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I have a brain injury from taking an anti-malaria pill (mefloquinn, a legal substance that the FDA told the military to stop using multiple times) and I smoke weed as part of the treatment for those side effects.

The fact that Weed has safer side effects and medicinal purposes, to be considered a drug, especially when you consider all the side effects of medicine,just makes me shake my head. even my mom,whom is a chemist, prefers natural over created...

such bs

I'd bet all yer ROD$ against all mine that he wasn't smoking for medical reasons. He's been a pot head since college and by my count just now has FIVE failed tests.

To get suspended for a full season means your a fucking moron, and have stayed dumb despite being kicked out of one college, suspended by another, suspended by the NFL, then suspended again for a year.

iced

I'd bet all yer ROD$ against all mine that he wasn't smoking for medical reasons. He's been a pot head since college and by my count just now has FIVE failed tests.

To get suspended for a full season means your a freaking moron, and have stayed dumb despite being kicked out of one college, suspended by another, suspended by the NFL, then suspended again for a year.

depends on what your perception of medical reasons are..

i can tell you right now, some of its best uses are for stomach aches, anxiety, hangovers, add/adhd, headaches, joint pain, etc. the list goes on

we can speculate - but there's no way to truly know..however, there are plenty of legit uses for it over prescription pills. Especially if you run across someone who refuses prescriptions and prefers all natural

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

such bs
Regardless for why he did it it's not worth millions of dollars! lol come on brah!!! Would you put down the weed for a few years for millions each year? This guy doesn't get it.... and personally I do support legalization. It's very ignorant to think weed is a drug as it's scheduled with the Federal Goverment.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
depends on what your perception of medical reasons are..

i can tell you right now, some of its best uses are for stomach aches, hangovers, add/adhd, headaches, joint pain, etc. the list goes on
... boredom, movie openings, hunger, foreplay, amusement parks, concerts, etc.