JoJo Natson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nanotech

Rookie
I don't think Cooper or Natson perform on another team any way near where they have on another team. I don't have skin in the game. Whomever they choose is fine with me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You sir, are correct. Just scrolled back.
So, who do you prefer - you’re the GM- Cooper or Natson.

Btw Jerry, you get a lifetime like for you steadfast stance on Goff.

Cooper is my guy if he's back to 100%. I think he can do more on offense if needed. Natson is just too small. But I respect what Natson is providing us right now.

nanotech

Rookie
I don't think Cooper or Natson perform on another team any way near where they have on the Rams. I don't have skin in the game. Whomever they choose is fine with me.
Sorry too many other team stuff in sentence. I hate my ability with this, buy cortected above.

dang

Legend
Sorry - not buying the position that JoJo "does not have a place on the Rams" because he is too small. Have you seen what Tyreek Hill can do for the Chiefs? Do you know how small Antonio Brown is? Both were considered too small to make it in the NFL but they are 2 of the most dynamic players in the NFL. Now - if JoJo were to start fumbling punts or not advance the ball effectively then and only then would I agree he "does not have a place on the Rams".

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His huge contract might have a little something to do with it as well.

We had already paid him the majority of his contract ($4 million of $7 million). That's what made him marketable.

Sorry - not buying the position that JoJo "does not have a place on the Rams" because he is too small. Have you seen what Tyreek Hill can do for the Chiefs? Do you know how small Antonio Brown is? Both were considered too small to make it in the NFL but they are 2 of the most dynamic players in the NFL. Now - if JoJo were to start fumbling punts or not advance the ball effectively then and only then would I agree he "does not have a place on the Rams".

Tyreek Hill is listed at 5'10" 185. Antonio Brown is listed at 5'10" 181. Jojo Natson is listed at 5'7" 153. Tavon, of all people, has almost 30 pounds on Natson.

dang

Legend
We had already paid him the majority of his contract ($4 million of $7 million). That's what made him marketable.

Tyreek Hill is listed at 5'10" 185. Antonio Brown is listed at 5'10" 181. Jojo Natson is listed at 5'7" 153. Tavon, of all people, has almost 30 pounds on Natson.
There is no disputing JoJo is small. Its obvious he is. I am just not buying his size eliminates him from being an NFL player. It's early but I am very impressed with him as a punt returner and believe he has earned the right to continue his quest to compete.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no disputing JoJo is small. Its obvious he is. I am just not buying his size eliminates him from being an NFL player. It's early but I am very impressed with him as a punt returner and believe he has earned the right to continue his quest to compete.

I'm sure he'll get to compete again. But I think he again won't make our team next year. Cooper could beat him out, or we might have a rookie come in and beat both guys out.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams lost both thier 5th & 6th wide outs very early this season with Mike Thomas & Pharoh Cooper on the IR currently. Niether of these two 2016 draft selections have been featured much on the offense. Both were ST'aces. Both have missed a ton of games due to injury but Cooper was being used in many more ways than Thomas was so Thomas & his missed gms must be under the maglite. Both Thomas & Cooper will be UFA's after next season. Rams also have another wide out Kendal Thompson on the IR too.

I see now that the Rams have andded another wide out named Austin Proehl on the PS. I feel positive about JoJo Natson & KhaDarel Hodge futures as a Ram more than Mike Thomas who is so well like in here. Rams are well set @ WR for the 2018/2019/2020 seasons. I do not see any modifications needed. The TE's are another story.

I am thinking it would not be a surprise to see Cooper & JoJo both in Ram uni's for the playoffs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but saying Natson can contribute something on offense seems a fantasy at this point. Kupp out and how many snaps did Natson get on offense? Just put up a big goose egg. That’s right down a WR and this guy didn’t step on the field with the offense. Williams who we signed just days before the game managed 27, Hodge 24. A guy fresh off the streets was more viable offensively than Natson. They didn’t even put him out there with Mannion! He’s a good returner but when he’s not needed for that he’s likely done for the Rams.

Edit

To add to this he wasn’t even on coverage teams. Natson had 6 special teams snaps. Four punts and 2 of the three kickoffs.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My pick for punt returns - and kickoffs - is still Pharoh. I get the feeling that people are down on him because of his playoff performance and his injury this year. The guy was an All Pro returner, and I don't see a reason why he can't do that again.

I like what Natson's done so far, I really do. I just think that he's far too small, and while he's lightning fast and cat quick, I worry about what will happen if he gets blown up, if he coughs up the ball or gets hurt.

My point is that I pick Pharoh Cooper every day and especially on Sunday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper is my guy if he's back to 100%. I think he can do more on offense if needed. Natson is just too small. But I respect what Natson is providing us right now.
I'm a big Cooper fan, was a fan of his in college, and was beyond stoked when the Rams drafted him.
That said, I'm not sure I can be objective about this as he's the guy I want back there out of fandom.
I'll let you do the heavy lifting on the objective reasons why he comes back. Lol

*Obviously I know why he's your guy, I probably paid more attention to So Car because you were there...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Watch the hit he takes at the end of this run. It's like a boy getting hit by a grown man. Love his speed and enthusiasm but as others in this thread have mentioned, when does he cough up the ball or get injured due to his small frame?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0XMW8Lyg0o

I always say it's not a problem until it's a problem.
Small guys like that make it to the pros with their skills but they stick around the pros because they know how to take a hit.
They usually roll with the punches better.
Have better vision.
Know when to clutch the ball better than most.
Excetera, excetera.
I call it the Drew Brees effect.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Sorry but saying Natson can contribute something on offense seems a fantasy at this point. Kupp out and how many snaps did Natson get on offense? Just put up a big goose egg. That’s right down a WR and this guy didn’t step on the field with the offense. Williams who we signed just days before the game managed 27, Hodge 24. A guy fresh off the streets was more viable offensively than Natson. They didn’t even put him out there with Mannion! He’s a good returner but when he’s not needed for that he’s likely done for the Rams.

Edit

To add to this he wasn’t even on coverage teams. Natson had 6 special teams snaps. Four punts and 2 of the three kickoffs.

My pick for punt returns - and kickoffs - is still Pharoh. I get the feeling that people are down on him because of his playoff performance and his injury this year. The guy was an All Pro returner, and I don't see a reason why he can't do that again.

I like what Natson's done so far, I really do. I just think that he's far too small, and while he's lightning fast and cat quick, I worry about what will happen if he gets blown up, if he coughs up the ball or gets hurt.

My point is that I pick Pharoh Cooper every day and especially on Sunday.
I'm with you guys 100%. I just don't think the coaching staff see Jojo as a future contributor on Offense as a WR. I also believe that when Cooper is back and 100% he'll be back on this team and returning punts and kickoffs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Those of you who like Cooper over Natson, what would convince you otherwise? Right now JoJo is averaging 17 yards per return. Which is actually insane.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those of you who like Cooper over Natson, what would convince you otherwise? Right now JoJo is averaging 17 yards per return. Which is actually insane.
And every one of us said he's a fine punt returner. Cooper averaged 12.5 last year on punts which is great. Had a kick return for a touchdown and averaged 27.4 on kick returns with a TD. While also being a Pro Bowl quality gunner, which Natson can't do. And Cooper got snaps on offense which Natson hasn't done yet. Natson is a good punt returner so far but that's it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
And every one of us said he's a fine punt returner. Cooper averaged 12.5 last year on punts which is great. Had a kick return for a touchdown and averaged 27.4 on kick returns with a TD. While also being a Pro Bowl quality gunner, which Natson can't do. And Cooper got snaps on offense which Natson hasn't done yet. Natson is a good punt returner so far but that's it.
So why not bring back Cooper as well? I don’t see anything wrong with having a guy like Natson on the team. Plus, Countess is doing just as well on kick returns. Our special teams is still great without Cooper. It’s actually better this year.

I understand the coaches more then likely will just cut Natson after Cooper returns. But I wish we could keep both.