John Wayne

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Best Western actor Ever.

BTW watching Big Jake now, but Rooster Cogburn ,is the Fing Best.

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
My Mother-in-Law loves John Wayne. She actually has a John Wayne room in her house thats all rustic with her memorabilia in there. I make fun of him to her all the time and she threatens harm back. Lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He’s cool, but he’s not Adam Cartwright cool.

BDDD00E7-F5E9-4DB4-90E1-ED322144C83A.jpeg

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I loved Bonanza growing up. Still do. Another one I remember watching all the time was Big Valley. Both shows used to come on tv back to back at 11 am every week day. I remember balling my eyes out watching the episode where Hoss died. Probably would again if I watched it now.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adam Cartwright etc wtf lol.
Parnell Whit, himself said it was a stupid part and got out ASAP.

Now wanna say Clint Eastwood or Matt Dillion , now that's a Legit Debate.

But I truly believe Wayne is the Greatest Box Office Western Seller.

I could watch the Shootist a 100 times.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My Mother-in-Law loves John Wayne. She actually has a John Wayne room in her house thats all rustic with her memorabilia in there. I make fun of him to her all the time and she threatens harm back. Lol
Is she single, love pits, under 60 lol Just Joking my Ram Bro.

My heart has a special place for a J Wayne woman.

Happy Holidays to All.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talkin bout. The baddest, coolest, all-black wearinest, babe-magnet sum bitch that ever walked The Ponderosa. Adam Gyot Damn Cartwright.
I am really doubting your understanding of Westerns. Of course you ARE an East Coast boyee.

John Wayne would have picked little Adam up by his belt and tossed him through the saloon doors before doing that ultra cool and calm walk that EVERYBODY knows, and then beat him senseless until he carried him by the back of that gay little black vest and dunked his head in the water trough so that he could wake him up and say, "Now look here Pilgrim. You're going to take your cute little goth get up and hop on your pony. The only thing I want to see of you is the dirt on the back of your fake biker cut as you head out of my sight."

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Most people don't realize the connections and short time between the "Old West" and the birth of the film industry in Hollywood.

For instance: When you hear John Waynes voice, when you watch his mannerisms and look at his walk, you're almost watching Wyatt Earp. A young John Wayne met an old Wyatt Earp and then copied his walk, his talk, his character and became iconic doing so. Its fascinating to me.

History is always closer than it seems.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am really doubting your understanding of Westerns. Of course you ARE an East Coast boyee.

John Wayne would have picked little Adam up by his belt and tossed him through the saloon doors before doing that ultra cool and calm walk that EVERYBODY knows, and then beat him senseless until he carried him by the back of that gay little black vest and dunked his head in the water trough so that he could wake him up and say, "Now look here Pilgrim. You're going to take your cute little goth get up and hop on your pony. The only thing I want to see of you is the dirt on the back of your fake biker cut as you head out of my sight."
Pfffffhahahaha *snort*

Never in a million years. John Wayne telegraphed his punches so far in advance, that you could send an ACTUAL telegraph - and receive a reply - before that shit landed. Adam doesn’t lose fights. In fact, he kicked Hoss’s ass in one episode, and Hoss already kicked John Wayne’s ass in episode 5, season 3. It’s the episode where Hoss brags about beating some dude’s ass who walked like he was trying to unwedge a pine one from his ass. I can only assume it was John.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
1606336445337.png

This was the coolest blackcladest baddass.

BTW @-X- , shout out for putting Knight's Tale on your movie list.
Rewatched this weekend - difference being I have a 70" instead of 40", with SONOS full surround - fucking great!
Probably watch again this weekend. Great soundtrack.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
James Arness was a badass in Gunsmoke
Of course I havent watched in 20 years and might see differently today

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Searchers is a great film. Not just a great western. There’s a great backstory about Wayne paying tribute to the late Harry Carey at the end of the film.

Carey’s wife (Olive) is in the movie (as was his son Harry Jr.). In the final scene, Wayne returns the rescued Natalie Wood to the home of Olive Carey.

The camera is placed inside the home and the surviving characters meet outside and one-by-one go into the home and off-camera. Wayne was supposed to be the final person into the home and then close the door to darkness as the film ends.

John Wayne wanted to pay tribute to his friend and mentor Harry Carey who had passed. Carey was a big western star in his day and befriended a young Wayne. Harry Carey had this on-screen thing where he would place a hand on the arm of his elbow and hold it. Just a little physical trait.

So Olive Carey walks in and off-camera, and is standing facing the open door as Wayne approaches. Instead of coming in, Wayne stops and places his hand on the elbow of his arm, holds it for a moment and looks at Carey’s widow. Then turns and walks away as the door closes.