John Sullivan re-signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley happy, I'm happy, we all are happy! The Seachickens, Whiners and Cards? Not so much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty sure Sammy would have said thanks but no thanks to our lowball offer.

Sully though is a different story. Definitely should have locked him in before the frenzy.

Part of it is letting players test the open market. If they don’t want to comeback they won’t . It’s to give them clarification.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Signs a 1 yr prove it deal w/ not only the worst offense in the league, but has been one of the worst year in and year out for a very long time. ✔️

Anchors an OL that produces the highest scoring offense in the league, the OPOY (Gurley), and protects the franchise QB who was already being labeled a potential bust. Nobody is saying that now about Goff.✔️

Now he's getting paid a substantial amount more. ✔️

After seeing all of these head scratching, ridiculously desperate, over paid signings this week...
I have no problem taking the risk and with paying THIS guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...nickell-robey-coleman-completes-elite-cb-trio

Los Angeles Rams' 2018 free agency: Center John Sullivan keeps O-line intact

John Sullivan, C
The Rams no longer have to worry about center. They brought back veteran John Sullivan with a two-year contract that is worth up to $15 million. Here’s a closer look at the signing:

Grade: B. Sullivan made only $999,999 last year, so he earned a big raise. But not that big. Sullivan’s contract will basically only reach $15 million if he plays in every game and the Rams do well in the playoffs, according to a source. It’s more like a two-year, $10 million contract with incentives and some protection against injury.

What it means: It means the Rams’ highly successful offensive line returns intact, with Andrew Whitworth and Rob Havenstein serving as the tackles and Rodger Saffold and Jamon Brown returning as guards. Sullivan was graded 10th among 36 centers by Pro Football Focus last season because of his blocking. But he was also a major asset for young quarterback Jared Goffbecause of his familiarity with Sean McVay’s offense and his ability to identify coverages before the snap.

What’s the risk: Sullivan will be 33 on Aug. 8, and he missed the entire 2015 season because of back issues. Yes, there are risks involved with this. But the Rams prepared for it in the framework of this deal. The second year of Sullivan’s contract comes with a low guarantee, with most of the money coming in per-game roster bonuses. Sullivan didn’t miss any starts because of injury last season, but the Rams know they can’t necessarily count on that again. They hope Austin Blythe continues to develop into a solid backup.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for hanging around Sully!!!!! Please Rams, go find a run-stuffing ILB somewhere!!!!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
A piece of the puzzle we didn't need to lose! Great signing and a decent incentive laden contract! Well done FO!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I was guessing as high as 3.5 MILLION A YEAR......The market is crazy. Wanted Sully back but, that's a lot of jack. He deserves every penny but, Rams can't afford all these new $$$ contracts. These one year prove deals are expensive. If Bythe is close to Sully maybe Rams should have went with him. I don't think he is very close.
Continuity, Continuity. For every aspect of the offense this is Humongous. I am good with the price.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not necessarily. Blythe filled in very well last year. Maybe they think he just needs another year before starting. Maybe the long term plan is Blythe and eldrenkamp. I guess we'll find out late April.

Appears that way @ the moment.....Rams have Blythe OC/LG locked up thru 2019 when he will be a UFA. The other 3 current reserve OL'ers signed Nearly OC, Eldrenkamp RG/RT & Micheal Dunn Swing OT can be here for many more seasons if they become productive & mature under Kromer's direction.

None of these reserves have much in the way of Rams $$$$ investments tied up in them. I guess we know by now that OT Darrel Williams was NOT tender'd an offer by the Rams. Kromer instead signed swing OT Micheal Dunn.
I am :yay:over this signing its HUGE! It appears to me that good starting veteran OL'ers value has gone up tremendously as of late. With the NCAA college sending the NFL very few NFL ready OL'ers now it takes many yrs to get them up to par. John Sullivan is well deserving of this contract:bow:.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The oline was very good last year.

Good to see all starters returning.

Sullivan might be in the twilight of his career, but he’s a solid anchor in the middle.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Good move bringing back Sullivan, starters are set. Blythe is solid as a backup C, work to do on the other backup spots, thru the draft.

TexasRam

Legend
Guess who’s back

latest