John Sullivan re-signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe his plan all along was to play on a one year deal to show he could still play effectively and then hit FA to parlay that into a better payday.
Every player wants to hit free agency to maximize the contract they can get. Especially guys getting their second contract and guys likely getting their last contract.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Perhaps lesson learned may be to at least try to resign players before FA Frenzy. Sullivan deserves the $$$ but pretty sure he would have taken a 2 yr extension for a lot less during the season. Same with Sammy - seems like we fell in love with him once there was outside interest when we could have had him all to ourselves earlier.

I think they loved him early in the year and were hoping he would be under the radar. Probably didnt count on serious interest like he got from NY. But yeah shoild have gotten after it sooner. Probably could have saved some cap.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
woo-hoo.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is a good thing. One of the best lines in the league remains intact. As much as I want to stock the defense with good players this team will go as their offense goes. Defense is nice but it only gets you so far. Offense is the name of the game these days. If Philly doesn't have a phenomenal offensive game they don't beat the Patriots. That is what it takes to win.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Phew! This was one guy I did not want to lose. Happy to see we made this happen.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Likely a deal they can get out of after one year since there are still some injury concerns with him considering his history and age. So curious what the guaranteed money will be.

I would have to think the future starter is on the way in this draft unless they think a guy like Blythe or Eldrenkamp can develop. Well, I guess this however would say that they don't think Bylthe is a starter because he should be starting by now, but Eldrenkamp still has time to develop.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nice. I actually felt good about Blythe going into the season. So I think we’re in good hands either way.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Great news! After the year he had I was more interested in seeing him back than Watkins. Just not sure there is a player on the market who could replace what he showed.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Maybe his plan all along was to play on a one year deal to show he could still play effectively and then hit FA to parlay that into a better payday.
And of course he had to show that his back had healed up.