John Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Dude straight out balled last week and i think he deserves some mention. If we ended up pulling out a win, he imo deserved the game ball.

fearsomefour

Legend
There are basically three players that would off limits in terms of dumping this off season on D.
Donald, Johnson and Littleton.
The first two for what they do and Littleton because of potential.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Our Lbs are horrible. I saw numerous times on Sunday where they just ran to where the lead blocker is and when they got there its like they are wearing velcro... they cant get off a blocker. They over committ everytime, leading to easy cut backs They have no instinct or feel.

They don't even appear to play the same game that Luke Kuechley plays.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Resign him now, young guy has been balling out since he was put in the lineup last year.

Joyner has been disappointing this season

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Our Lbs are horrible. I saw numerous times on Sunday where they just ran to where the lead blocker is and when they got there its like they are wearing velcro... they cant get off a blocker. They over committ everytime, leading to easy cut backs They have no instinct or feel.

Agreed, there was this one play in particular that Littleton ran right into the lead blocker instead of hitting his gap that the RB was running thru. It was very confusing.

Maybe he thought the OG had the ball? lol

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Johnson is someone you'd really like to keep. I think we can replace joyner with a better cover FS in either the draft or FA. I just wouldn't spend all our cap on a guy that has kind of disappeared this season. He did make a couple of nice plays in the eagles game tho.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi

MLB is the leader on defense and usually the smartest player , we dont seem to have that guy . I would take slow laurenitis over our current guys , yes they can conver but they suck at tackling .

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
MLB is the leader on defense and usually the smartest player , we dont seem to have that guy . I would take slow laurenitis over our current guys , yes they can conver but they suck at tackling .

I think Littleton should be playing in Barrons spot. Barron is either playing out of position or is injured because say what you will about him being undersized, he balled out the last 3 seasons with the Rams. Maybe Wade has changed his role? Back to LIttleton tho, He's a guy that has good sideline to sideline speed but going downhill isn't his strong suit against bigger Olinemen. LB is definitely a need in the offseason as is DL and FS. I expect the defense to look very different next season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he had a pretty good game especially early on. Put a good young safety next to him who has good range and instincts and we might have the kind of duo we need back there.

Joyner is an absolute disaster every time he drops. Zero instincts for the position.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'm very impressed with Johnsons play this past week. One of the few bright spots on a defense that was getting worked.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad J Johnson is molding nicely. Still can't wrap my head around Joyner's regression; played like a top tier safety last year and now is a liability in coverage

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah he had a pretty good game especially early on. Put a good young safety next to him who has good range and instincts and we might have the kind of duo we need back there.

Joyner is an absolute disaster every time he drops. Zero instincts for the position.
Let's hope that Snead can find another one just like JJ III in this upcoming Draft.May have to be a 4th rd'er though.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I agree..He's having a really nice year..Unfortunately, Peters and Joyner have been huge disappointments to me..

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Yeah, JJ had a good game, flying like a ball seeking missile most of the time. Props where props are due. Wonder if he can teach our other DBs to hit lol

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Peters, Joyner, Shields, RNC....how quickly what should have been a strength turned into a total weakness.
Hopefully Talib will return to 2018 wk #3 form if not we are in big trouble. The other two DB starting positions @ FS & #2 corner are in "Fail Mode". JJ III, NRC & Talib no matter how good they are can not cover all that territory in the Rams backfield.

JJ III could easily end up being the leader of the post 2018 season Ram DB unit along with Nickel-Back Nickell Robey-Coleman.

I do not see high deep safety Lamarcus Joyner being retained @ any cap price.. His costly $11.3 million 2018 performance has been a large problem for Wade. You should try to avoid problems & not bring them back.

Snead gambled & lost on the CB Marcus Peters trade. I bet he wished he had that 2nd & 4th round selections back to utilize in this upcoming draft to secure a good future starting CB for the Rams. MP's cap cost will demand over $9 million :palm:to have his inconsistent feast or famine performances'. This season MP's play has been mostly extreme scarcity of positive plays. No GM in his right mind would pay that cap hit for the current MP. 2019 UFA's youthful CB Bradley Roby or Ronald Darby might be worth the price of a large cap hit but MP it not. Best the Rams go draft to find a couple of new corners low cost wise.

Snead also took a gamble on the aging all pro Aqib Talib this season with that trade & assumed his massive $11 million cap cost this season. This gamble was not close to being as bad as the Peters trade. However the Rams were without his full service for 8 games. AT's first 3 games were very good but since the injury & surgery his play has also been inconsistent. The soon to be 33 yr old AT will demand $8 mil next season & if he can up his game :lifting:in the playoffs with success I am sure he will return to this very thin in talent Ram DB unit. I like AT & like the ideal of having around in 2019.

Snead has only two other DB's:eek: Darious Williams & Marqui Christian under contract for the 2019 season. :notsure:So JJ III stands a very good chance to be our best starting star DB in 2019.

Last edited: