John Johnson raves about Rams addition of Eric Weddle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Pretty hard to fake the combine measurements. Too many people there to verify that measurements. ProDay measurables can be fudged so I allow some leeway. Remember he's not going to play barefoot so even if his "official" height is 5'10" that will be close to his height on the field.

Height is important, but is only one factor that make up a elite QB. If I was AZ I'd be more concerned about Murray's durability playing a spread offense in the NFL. Murray has an injury history playing baseball and at least one injury that might be of concern in college is a possible concussion. Yes it was a few years ago, but there is no such thing as a complete healing, as concussions are an injury that is accumulative in nature. He's also shown some immaturity issues during his collegiate sports career. Like all young QB's he will hit some rough spots, it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that's the "official" number. I'm not buying it.
R.Wilson is a legit 5'11"
We'll just have to wait until these two guys meet up after a game. My guess is Murray is a legit 5'8"
5'9" tops

I’m with you. He looks shorter than the reported number.

But... I also agree with this:
Pretty hard to fake the combine measurements. Too many people there to verify that measurements.

I guess we’ll see on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Awsome thing about Weedle right now is how it is going to trickle down.
Johnson will benefit. I also think Rapp gets some excellent experience.
This Ram team finally added depth in the DB Field !! Yes Talib & Peters might be on there way out ?? Just gives The Rams that continuity that can create longevity for years to come.
This is what can make a franchise great.

The timing of the Weddle signing could not have been better. Having Weddle here to assist theses young safeties is brilliant. JJ III & rookie Taylor Rapp should make some headlines this season. Both are the Rams future as starting safeties in 2020. True look & air of being stars & studs. Even 3rd day drafted rookie deep safety Scott & head hunter 4 yr vet Marquis Christian (who increased his on field snaps dramatically in 2018) should show signs of improvement. This current safety unit has the look of being set & beyond. Sneads work that has been compiled in the safety unit was greatly needed to assist the secondary this season. The other half of the secondary will be watched by me closely

This is a real good thing because I do not have the same positive feeling about our CB cadre & its future. The corner unit is full of unknowns & a path that appears rocky after this season. Rookie David Long does help out though.

I would look for Wade to utilize his current three safeties (Rapp/Weddle/JJ III ) more & more as the season move on. With trying to utilize just 3 veteran corners of Peters/ Talib & NRC as his Dime defense package. I am sure the opponents will not want to see those six DB's very much. Thus trying to run the ball in order to keep that 6 pack off the field.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that the Weddle signing might have positive ripple effects like the Whit signing did.

I predict a new calming and cohesion in our secondary that will give opposing O’s absolute fits. And all for such a bargain price, too.

Helluva signing.