John Johnson raves about Rams addition of Eric Weddle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...son-raves-about-rams-addition-of-eric-weddle/

John Johnson raves about Rams addition of Eric Weddle

Strong safety John Johnson will have a new colleague in the back-end of the Los Angels Rams defense this fall as the team added 12-year veteran Eric Weddlefollowing his release from the Baltimore Ravens.

Johnson is getting set to enter his third season in the league. Lamarcus Joynerhas served as his counterpart at safety with the Rams the last two seasons. While Joyner had some decent moments for the Rams, Weddle’s track record of six Pro Bowls and two first-team All-Pro selections brings a different dynamic to the Rams secondary.

He’s just a genius. I haven’t seen anybody like him,” Johnson said on NFL Network on Monday. “I haven’t been in the league long but I know he’s a special one and I’m excited to see what we can do. Not just how it can make me better but I’m excited to see what he and I can do for this whole defense.”

The Rams signed Weddle in early March just days after his release from the Ravens. Weddle returns to Southern California, where he spent the first nine years of his career with the San Diego Chargers. Weddle has also vowed to help Johnson take the next step in his game.

“I’m here to push him to that next level. He’s got a chance to be an exceptional safety for a long time and I can see it in him,” Weddle said in Mat. “He’s got to get there, so I’ll push him every day that’s for sure.”

Weddle may not be the player he used to be at his peak, but he’s coming off three straight Pro Bowl appearances from his time in Baltimore. Having a veteran voice in the secondary could be a big boost for Johnson and the rest of the Rams defensive backs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Weedle is so Freaking awesome. What a GREAT signing. CLASSIC PLAYER!!

HOF — Ram Fans over Years Blow Me Away.
He only has one maybe 2 years. Same about Whitworth.

This is why McVay is Great & A Genious.He gets it with Snead & Demoff. Just Creates such a Cool environment !!

Just his interview brings me back to Old School. #21 NC . This guy is fun to watch. He signed a contract with The Rams to build a legacy!! So Cal guy all the way.

Same with CM #52?.

I Have Such A RANT RIGHT NOW !!!

This Thing is only going to get Better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Awsome thing about Weedle right now is how it is going to trickle down.
Johnson will benefit. I also think Rapp gets some excellent experience.
This Ram team finally added depth in the DB Field !! Yes Talib & Peters might be on there way out ?? Just gives The Rams that continuity that can create longevity for years to come.
This is what can make a franchise great.

oldnotdead

Legend
Johnson couldn't have a better mentor. Weddle is a consummate team player, willing to share his knowledge. If Johnson and Rapp can become as good as Weddle in his play reads, the Rams could have the best safety tandem in the league for years.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Know what? I’m thinking 14-2 is realistic barring catastrophic injuries to key players.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some people might look at this as a possible jinx. Like the times someone makes a guarantee. But I like JJ's mindset here. You GOTTA think you're going to win every game. That is the right way to approach it. Its not cockiness or arrogance. Its the way winners think.
It's exactly like he says, this is how you have to think! And you'd think a former pro like Wayne he'd acknowledge that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We aren't losing to the Bears again. You can bookmark that.

I’ll have to question that ?? Then again I think it is a home game. Should be a good test.

What will The Rams record be in divisional play ?

Then again The Rams shouldn’t lose any games according to JJ111

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Kyler Murray measured 5'10.1" at the combine.
Yeah that's the "official" number. I'm not buying it.
R.Wilson is a legit 5'11"
We'll just have to wait until these two guys meet up after a game. My guess is Murray is a legit 5'8"
5'9" tops