John Fox on the hot seat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta say that I don't understand why people want retreads. Guys like Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Norv Turner, Lovie Smith, John Fox, etc. aren't what this franchise needs. We already got that with Jeff Fisher. This franchise needs someone who understands today's game. We need a modern coach. If we're going after a "retread," we need to go after a guy like Asshole Face. Someone who runs a modern offense and can have success in today's game. Someone who isn't stuck in the past.

And guys, I love Mike Martz too, but it's time to let that one go. He's not even in the NFL anymore. The NFL has passed him by.

We need a coach who is going to innovate, not a coach who is stuck in the past. We need to move forward, not backwards. As far as I'm concerned, Fisher has until the end of this year to prove he's worth an extension. If we don't hit 10 wins, it's time to move on.
Todd Haley

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I seriously doubt you could pry Harbaugh out of Michigan, but it'd be worth the paycheck if Stan could.

Otherwise, I'd be all over David Shaw from Stanford.

I don't think either leave college football.

IMO, it would have happened already and I would bet that their agents have made it known that they would not take an NFL job, because they never get past the "fan wish list" stage.

Maybe Shaw

Stanford may not be paying SEC money. Google says that Shaw made $4MM in 2014.

I believe that every coach in the SEC West makes more than $4MM

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
This franchise needs someone who understands today's game. We need a modern coach.

Someone who runs a modern offense and can have success in today's game. Someone who isn't stuck in the past.

We need a coach who is going to innovate, not a coach who is stuck in the past. We need to move forward, not backwards.

OK jrry, we know who you don't like....give us a name or names.

Who is this modern innovator that is not stuck in the past?

Just remember, the most successful current coach is Belichick, someone older than Fisher (I think, not going to look it up).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts next coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is nothing more than mirror image of Fisher.
All offense and the hell with the defense.

I disagree. Asshole Face is willing to cede control that Fisher won't. His problem is that his GM hasn't put together good defenses. Look at Payton's coordinators. He gave Gregg Williams full control to run the defense. After Williams, he;s hired Rob Ryan, Steve Spagnuolo, and Dennis Allen. He's gone after and hired the top names on the market. They just lack talent.

OK jrry, we know who you don't like....give us a name or names.

Who is this modern innovator that is not stuck in the past?

Just remember, the most successful current coach is Belichick, someone older than Fisher (I think, not going to look it up).

Sure.
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Asshole Face
3. Matt Patricia
4. Todd Haley
5. Kyle Shanahan
6. Jim Bob Cooter
7. Jimbo Fisher (Lord help me)

Those would be the guys I'd look into.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think Kroenke goes after Mike Shanahan. Hope I'm wrong about that one.

Not sure why Asshole Face is being discussed, he's ideal of course but didn't he sign an extension?

Harbaugh will probably only listen to offers if he wins the national championship, so I am pulling for Michigan this year and pray that works out for us.

Definitely should be an offensive mind, because he's gonna have three excellent pieces to build around in Goff, Gurley, and Austin. I think Higbee may be an elite piece too under the right offensive coach.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still think Kroenke goes after Mike Shanahan. Hope I'm wrong about that one.

Not sure why Asshole Face is being discussed, he's ideal of course but didn't he sign an extension?

Harbaugh will probably only listen to offers if he wins the national championship, so I am pulling for Michigan this year and pray that works out for us.

Definitely should be an offensive mind, because he's gonna have three excellent pieces to build around in Goff, Gurley, and Austin. I think Higbee may be an elite piece too under the right offensive coach.
If it came down to having to make a change, I'd try to talk Tom Clements into accepting a head coaching gig. Great at QB development, already an 'assistant' head coach, already game-plans, and has spent years and years observing how the Packers do things from an Organizational standpoint. Kind of old (63), but not so old that you couldn't get several more years out of him before he decides to retire.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If you hated Spags random clapping, I'm sure you'll enjoy John Fox's Jay Cutleresque blank stare while things are falling apart around him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not against a coaching change at this point but this wouldn't be a change I'd be excited about. I wasn't excited about Fisher but thought he was probably the best candidate out there. If we are going to make a change though, I don't want to see us make a change JUST to make a change. And that describes Fox for me.