John Fox on the hot seat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
2d24f5b057e149e5a85f8f209ecae2a9.jpeg

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Would not be a fan of us going after John Fox, another average coach, imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would not be a fan of us going after John Fox, another average coach, imo.

Foxy is above average, with plenty of playoff and deep playoff runs under his belt.

Wouldn't be my top choice, that's for sure. But I'm keeping an eye on the coaching moves this season for sure, since I seriously doubt Fish is going to turn this team around. I'm just done drinkin the Kool Aid until I see it change on the field, enough's enough for me personally.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He is a better coach than Fisher. But he is every bit as stubborn as Fisher too. I bet penalties would be down and he always has good defenses.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
He is a hall of fame coach just based off getting to the playoffs (and winning a game) with Tim Tebow as his starting QB. Ha!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Foxy is above average, with plenty of playoff and deep playoff runs under his belt.

Wouldn't be my top choice, that's for sure. But I'm keeping an eye on the coaching moves this season for sure, since I seriously doubt Fish is going to turn this team around. I'm just done drinkin the Kool Aid until I see it change on the field, enough's enough for me personally.
You're right he is an upgrade but not enough of an upgrade. If he couldn't get that broncos team the Lombardi, there's something wrong that team was absolutely ridiculous with talent.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't care for Fox! There are a number of Coaches I would go after before him!!
In No special order, John Gruden, Bill Cower, Mike Martz, Lovie Smith, Norv Turner, And then there are a few College Coaches too! Starting at Ohio State ..

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't care for Fox! There are a number of Coaches I would go after before him!!
In No special order, John Gruden, Bill Cower, Mike Martz, Lovie Smith, Norv Turner, And then there are a few College Coaches too! Starting at Ohio State ..

Not sure I'd want Lovie. I'm curious to see if Cower or Gruden would still be able to succeed with the way football is now. I feel like Martz could, since he basically invented the modern offense. I wouldn't want him makin ANY personnel decisions though. The exact same thing could be said for Turner.

I like the Stanford coach, or Harbaugh. Both would take this team to the next level imo.

There's still time to go on a tear and make the playoffs. I feel like Fisher needs to make the playoffs to get another contract. I mean, Stan said he's following the Patriots model, but that model includes winning a lot of games.

These players work very hard all year round for just 16 days of football. It's on the coaches to get the most out of them and turn that into 19 - 20.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Fox is a slight upgrade and not a coach that has been known to develop young QB's.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always respected Fox... but we'd be getting another defensive minded HC but I think he is more well rounded than Fisher.

I'd seriously consider him as a hire.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
These players work very hard all year round for just 16 days of football. It's on the coaches to get the most out of them and turn that into 19 - 20.
It's also on the Coaches to put them in a place where they have an opportunity to Win, That's where a good scheme and good play calling come in!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've always respected Fox... but we'd be getting another defensive minded HC but I think he is more well rounded than Fisher.

I just can't stop wondering, IF Fox is that good, IF, Why did Denver Let him Go!?!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The season that sticks in my mind for him is that Panther team with Jake Delhomme at QB. They almost won it all. Craziness.

I like the Stanford coach, or Harbaugh. Both would take this team to the next level imo.

Harbaugh would be a franchise-changing hire. Dude would immediately legitimize this team AND coach up our kid QB. Blank check offer, seriously.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I seriously doubt you could pry Harbaugh out of Michigan, but it'd be worth the paycheck if Stan could.

Otherwise, I'd be all over David Shaw from Stanford.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I want a QB knowledgeable offensive minded coach for the next coach. The foundation of a great defense is there, we need to get the offense there so it can tie together.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fox is a slightly better version of Fisher. No thank you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta say that I don't understand why people want retreads. Guys like Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Norv Turner, Lovie Smith, John Fox, etc. aren't what this franchise needs. We already got that with Jeff Fisher. This franchise needs someone who understands today's game. We need a modern coach. If we're going after a "retread," we need to go after a guy like Asshole Face. Someone who runs a modern offense and can have success in today's game. Someone who isn't stuck in the past.

And guys, I love Mike Martz too, but it's time to let that one go. He's not even in the NFL anymore. The NFL has passed him by.

We need a coach who is going to innovate, not a coach who is stuck in the past. We need to move forward, not backwards. As far as I'm concerned, Fisher has until the end of this year to prove he's worth an extension. If we don't hit 10 wins, it's time to move on.