Joe Noteboom Appreciation Society

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Noteboom did a short interview with the Rams' media today; and it's on the Rams site (therams.com).

He comes across great ... smart, mature and focused. Impressive and very likable.

TexasRam

Legend
Noteboom is improving. Looked much more polished then last year.

He has always has the feet, just couldn't engage blockers in the run game with any consistency due to weak hands and form.

It would good to see how he holds up vs some top level edge guys before we commit to him long term.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Got a feeling Rams will prioritize Boom and Allen over Corbett.

Boom is gonna be expensive to keep.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

It might depend on his playing time the rest of this year.

Right now, he’s still a bit of a projection… so, how much do you pay him? Especially if you are another team making that projection.

If he keeps playing… he puts more of his play on tape.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It might depend on his playing time the rest of this year.

Right now, he’s still a bit of a projection… so, how much do you pay him? Especially if you are another team making that projection.

If he keeps playing… he puts more of his play on tape.
I dunno... he seemed pretty solid in around 8 starts at LT last year, when Whit was injured. That's a lot of tape there. And by all accounts he's improved and put in extra work this year.

Of course I hope he signs with us before hitting free agency... but I think Boom and his agent know he could get a pretty big payday based on his 2020 tape.

BTW, in that interview he sounded really happy to be able to focus on just being a T, and not having to mess around at G.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
We need to resign him, Allen, and Corbett as a matter of urgency. This OL is too good and too young to break up!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I dunno... he seemed pretty solid in around 8 starts at LT last year, when Whit was injured. That's a lot of tape there. And by all accounts he's improved and put in extra work this year.

Of course I hope he signs with us before hitting free agency... but I think Boom and his agent know he could get a pretty big payday based on his 2020 tape.

BTW, in that interview he sounded really happy to be able to focus on just being a T, and not having to mess around at G.

Yeah, true. And… its not like you can “hide” someone in the NFL. I am just not sure what Joe would get right now as a FA? Someone earlier suggested $10-$12M.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Got a feeling Rams will prioritize Boom and Allen over Corbett.

Both the starting center Brian Allen & Andrew Whitworth's replacement Noteboom has to be top of the priority list. Keeping the well-worn veteran franchise QB can not take a back seat in this team's goals.

Rams will have a proven decent reserve swing OT in Bobby Evans still under contract for 2022. In addition, the Rams have 6-2/314 Tremayne Anchrum entering his 3rd season & 6-7/305 Alaric Jackson entering his 2nd season standing in line to fill the vacancy @ RG for the departed Corbett.

There is an easy opportunity to also get long-time interior OL'er Coleman Shelton who is a RFA resigned to also be in contention for that vacancy @ RG. Finally, you can not forget that OG's Chandler Brewer has been around as a Ram now since April 2019 & Jeremiah Kolone since May 2018. Rams would seem to desire to groom OT Max Pircher to join the OT cadre too in 2022.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I still don't care for him. But, I will say, he did his thing...against the Texans. I dont really want him out there against Chandler Jones or JJ Watt.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I still don't care for him. But, I will say, he did his thing...against the Texans. I dont really want him out there against Chandler Jones or JJ Watt.
You might want to look up what the guy lined up against him on Sunday has done this year. Few bright spots on Houston, he's one.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You might want to look up what the guy lined up against him on Sunday has done this year. Few bright spots on Houston, he's one.
Are they Chandler Jones? No where near.

I'm not denying he had a good outing. But, his history has shown more negative than positive. If he turns out great...I'll be more than happy to eat crow. I don't mind one bit. But, I'm not sold after going against such a shit team.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Are they Chandler Jones? No where near.

I'm not denying he had a good outing. But, his history has shown more negative than positive. If he turns out great...I'll be more than happy to eat crow. I don't mind one bit. But, I'm not sold after going against such a shit team.
He's actually got more sacks than Jones, Floyd or Donald and Jones had 5 sacks in the first game of the season against some backups.

Greenard is a baller.

Noteboom's problems have been in run blocking more than pass protection.