Joe Noteboom Appreciation Society

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was very good yesterday. Don’t recall any penalties or problems.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Watched him on quite a few plays and saw no issues. One particular twist he was patient and picked up the guy looping around from the inside with ease.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Cheers To That GIF by Scary Mommy

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From the stats it seems he pass protected well. How was he in the run game? Pass Pro is his strength.

I can’t watch the game on my TV until NFL Network re-airs it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Joe Noteboom and the offensive line maul the Houston defense​

The Rams offensive line leaves no doubt against the Texans

By Christopher Daniel Nov 1, 2021,

1235412547.0.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams battered the hapless Houston Texans by a final score of 38-22, pushing their record to 7-1. As expected, the Rams offensive line imposed their will throughout the contest and paved the way for a big day on offense.

Filling in for Andrew Whitworth, left tackle Joe Noteboom showed that he is a starting caliber blindside protector in the NFL. Combining this performance with his string of seven starts in 2020, Noteboom continued to drive up the price tag to retain his services once this season concludes.

View: https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/1454857595144052745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1454857595144052745%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2021%2F11%2F1%2F22756800%2Frams-texans-joe-noteboom-andrew-whitworth-offensive-line-grades

Houston defensive end Jonathan Greenard (who played on both the left and right side during the game) is no slouch. He leads the Texans with seven sacks on the season, after getting backup quarterback John Wolford to the ground early in the fourth quarter.

However, this sack occurred only after most of the starters were pulled, as he was able to beat back up lineman A.J. Jackson with a nasty spin move.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1454931189463072775?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1454931189463072775%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2021%2F11%2F1%2F22756800%2Frams-texans-joe-noteboom-andrew-whitworth-offensive-line-grades

Pass Protection: A

As previously mentioned, the lone sack on the day took place once the majority of the first string sat comfortably on the sideline. Prior to that, the big guys up front handled everything the Texans threw at them.

Stafford was afforded all day to throw, accumulating 305 yards in three quarters. He wasn’t sacked on the day and was barely touched by Texan defenders. We do have to take into consideration that the Texans are in the hunt for the top pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, but regardless of the level of competition, the pass protection on Sunday was elite.

Run Blocking: A+

Running backs Darrell Henderson and Sony Michel galloped through gaping holes from the first play of the day. Houston put up minimal resistance as the Rams running backs played the role of the hot knife and the Texans co-starred as butter.

If McVay and company wanted to try and get 200 yards on the ground, the Rams really could have done it against the Texans. L.A. threw the ball because they wanted to, not because they had to. Los Angeles gained 165 yards on 31 carries, averaging 5.3 per tote.

Penalties: A

The O-line committed one penalty on the day. On the last drive of the game, left guard David Edwards was guilty of moving prior to the snap, drawing a false start flag from the officials.

I can look the other way on this particular penalty. Dealing with a different cadence and voice inflections due to Wolford replacing Stafford in the blowout is a legit adjustment.

Honestly, I’m just making an excuse for him at this point. One inconsequential penalty so late in a beat down isn’t a huge deal. Overall, another good game by the offensive line.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's so hard to get an evaluation after a game against Houston. I really do wonder what the price tag is to keep him, what the Rams are willing to pay him and whether they're targeting someone else like Cam Robinson. With Stafford being 33, 34 next season.. You don't bargain hunt at LT.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's so hard to get an evaluation after a game against Houston. I really do wonder what the price tag is to keep him, what the Rams are willing to pay him and whether they're targeting someone else like Cam Robinson. With Stafford being 33, 34 next season.. You don't bargain hunt at LT.

Is he a UFA next season? I think someone will pay him near starter money if the Rams don't. Not top of market money but it might be a bit rich for us. Would be annoying to see us be patient and develop him nicely just to see him go elsewhere, so hopefully something gets worked out with the Rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Is he a UFA next season? I think someone will pay him near starter money if the Rams don't. Not top of market money but it might be a bit rich for us. Would be annoying to see us be patient and develop him nicely just to see him go elsewhere, so hopefully something gets worked out with the Rams.
He is. And lower end starter money seems likely.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He might be the reason the Rams are unloading dead money. Maybe they're trying to work on an extension?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He might be the reason the Rams are unloading dead money. Maybe they're trying to work on an extension?

Just a personal belief, but Stafford & Havenstein extensions should come first, that alone will create enough space to re-sign Allen, Corbett & Noteboom.

oldnotdead

Legend
You simply had to look at his past games to know how good Noteboom is. It's why I've been high on him since he was a rookie. He's smooth, strong and has excellent feet. He's played every game he's been in this way.

It shows you exactly what an ass Kromer was for playing him at LG. Kromer has no clue in judging talent or positional fit. Edwards should be prepping for RT not LG. He looked clueless when he totally whiffed on that block which wasn't the first time. It's why I've been saying for months, he's an OT not an OG. He's still a long way from being where he needs to be.

I think Noteboom won't jump ship. As long as they offer him a good contract he will sign.