Joe Barksdale: “I want to come back”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I can't imagine he'd get more than that from anybody. The Rams have a clear picture of what they've got in Barksdale. I can't see another team giving him a lucrative deal with the questions he created with his 2014 season.
Who was the no name we lost to Miami last year that was just decent but got a pretty big contract? These guys really aren't a dime a dozen like you may think. What appears to be average to us seems to be pretty damn good to other teams out there.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Barksdale or any other starter in the NFL is not unknown. Every team has a pro personnel department whose sole purpose is to grade and rank every player in the league. While the Rams will obviously know more about him, other teams will have an opinion on him. The question will be how they value him. There is no way to know that. It only takes one team who really likes him to drive up his price. There will also probably be few quality O linemen available in free agency so that too could drive up his price. I wouldn't count on getting him for a discount....but you never know how these things will play out. If he does get away they have 3 holes on the O-line.

That doesn't change the fact that it would be dumb for any team to invest heavily in a player coming off of a pretty bad 2014 season.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Who was the no name we lost to Miami last year that was just decent but got a pretty big contract? These guys really aren't a dime a dozen like you may think. What appears to be average to us seems to be pretty damn good to other teams out there.

Shelley Smith, and he didn't get a lot of money or a long-term commitment. Two years at less than $3M per. I'd expect something similar for Barksdale right here in St. Louis.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Shelley Smith, and he didn't get a lot of money or a long-term commitment. Two years at less than $3M per. I'd expect something similar for Barksdale right here in St. Louis.
(y)I couldn't remember that name to save my life. I thought he got more jack then that...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
At the beginning of the season this seemed a no-brainer. It's disappointing that we're having hesitation on him rather than worrying how much he'll cost. On the other hand, if as @theramsruleUK pointed out, he is next to probably the worst RG and C in football (or close to). Shoring up those positions has to help him. The bright side is that we can sign him for less than if he had a pro-bowl year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The only trouble that I have with this thought is that you cannot have pro bowl talent at every position. Sometimes Good has to be good enough.

I can live with that, but can you name me the last Ram OL who went to the pro bowl & how many yrs ago was that Ram pro bowl season? I know I am asking waaaaaaaay too much to desire at least one pro bowl Ram type season somewhere on out OL someday in the near future.:hellno:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nice guy...but, I'm sure there is a rookie out there that can match his play....If Joseph was responsible for Barks play, couldn't Joseph argue, Wells was the reason he played so poorly also?