Jimmy Graham Leads Top 25 Nfl Free Agents For 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

[www.nfl.com]

With just two more football Sundays left in the current season, the Around The League crew is taking its first glance at the 2014 NFL free-agent market.

It's early in the offseason process. Franchise tags have yet to be discussed. There's still time for clubs to lock up young stars to long-term contracts. Many of these names will be removed from consideration by the time we compile our more extensive previews regarding upcoming NFL free agents in early March.

Our list places the highest value on ascendent players with little or no reason to expect a dropoff in production over the next few years.

Without further ado, here are Around The League's top 25 NFL free agents for 2014:

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end
2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end
3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker
4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety
5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety
6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback
7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle
8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end
9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end
10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback
11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle
12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback
13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle
14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle
15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle
16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback
18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center
19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver
20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's m'boy from the U. For once my U homerism was right about wanting the Rams to draft him in 2010. But hey, I ain't mad. We ended up getting two tight ends instead. Hoomanawanui and Onobun. Woot.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If only we waited a year to grab our FA TE.
Boy would I love to get a couple players off that list before the Draft.. Pardon me I just drooled

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
That's m'boy from the U. For once my U homerism was right about wanting the Rams to draft him in 2010. But hey, I ain't mad. We ended up getting two tight ends instead. Hoomanawanui and Onobun. Woot.
Ha that's awesome man, you should see some of the looks i get now that i live in Nebraska with my Canes gear on, Husker fans don't seem to like me lolol.

Yeah but then we would have never drafted Jerome Murphy and what a mistake that would have been. I wonder if he'd lasted 4 more picks if we would have gone with Mardy Gilyard over him?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Definitely one of the weaker free agent classes in recent memory.
This.

The only guy on that list I'd target is Byrd but he is likely to be too expensive, given that this year's draft looks pretty weak at the safety position.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
[www.nfl.com]

With just two more football Sundays left in the current season, the Around The League crew is taking its first glance at the 2014 NFL free-agent market.

It's early in the offseason process. Franchise tags have yet to be discussed. There's still time for clubs to lock up young stars to long-term contracts. Many of these names will be removed from consideration by the time we compile our more extensive previews regarding upcoming NFL free agents in early March.

Our list places the highest value on ascendent players with little or no reason to expect a dropoff in production over the next few years.

Without further ado, here are Around The League's top 25 NFL free agents for 2014:

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end
2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end
3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker
4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety
5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety
6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback
7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle
8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end
9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end
10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback
11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle
12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback
13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle
14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle
15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle
16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback
18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center
19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver
20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle

Yep.

I'd take Brandon Albert and Byrd. Albert is a swing tackle Byrd is a ball hawk. I'd be surprised if we can afford even one one these guys.

My only worry in FA is resigning Robert Quinn next year. I'd be willing to settle for a couple cheap depth guys and letting Saffold walk in order to do that.

V3

Hall of Fame
If only we waited a year to grab our FA TE.
Boy would I love to get a couple players off that list before the Draft.. Pardon me I just drooled

If we had waited a year, we wouldn't have gotten Graham. The Saints won't let him make it to FA. Many of the people on this list won't even make it to FA. Their teams will lock them up before they get the chance.

Alan

Legend
The good news about Byrd is that they tagged him last year and if they try that again this year he'll be extra expensive.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If ya'll were listening to Snead in his interview with Burwell ,he intimated the experience this team is going to GET this off season will be from growth of who we have ,IOW I would not be surprised if he didn't play at all in the cap busting FA market this year.
I think whatever cap space he would be inclined to spend on outside FA's will be devoted to re-signing Saffold and anyone else we really don't want to lose.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The good news about Byrd is that they tagged him last year and if they try that again this year he'll be extra expensive.

he'll be extra expensive no matter what. he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. the bills offered him top 5 money last season and he refused. can't see the rams spending that big. too bad they spent it on finnigan for little return.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Have Peppers and Mario et all helped their teams enough to warrant the huge type of payday for a guy like Ware? Would he take a paycut to go to the Patriots?
If you were stuck with Jerry Jones wouldn't you take a pay cut to get out,especially to a team that is a perennial SB contender.
If I was Ware though I wouldn't be going to a building team,the ring at this point is IMO objective 1 for him and his resume and the Patriots proclivities are too good a match to ignore.

moklerman

Warner-phile
If you were stuck with Jerry Jones wouldn't you take a pay cut to get out,especially to a team that is a perennial SB contender.
If I was Ware though I wouldn't be going to a building team,the ring at this point is IMO objective 1 for him and his resume and the Patriots proclivities are too good a match to ignore.
You may be right, it just depends on the player's willingness to sign a team-friendly deal. Don't really know what Ware would do. The Pats have benefited from that type of thing too often to discount it as a possibility. If not the Pats, I could see other teams offering the same type of opportunity. The 49ers for example.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
You may be right, it just depends on the player's willingness to sign a team-friendly deal. Don't really know what Ware would do. The Pats have benefited from that type of thing too often to discount it as a possibility. If not the Pats, I could see other teams offering the same type of opportunity. The 49ers for example.
HUSH YOUR MOUTH

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Some of the better spots I would look to land if I were DeMarcus Ware is down to the Buccaneer country where their winters are kind for a old injured body. Tampa Bay with Lovie Smith would pay nice. The Buc's interior DL is top five in the NFL add a DE Ware & he could end his career like Michael Strahan did

Still interesting that this list does not include any OG's period. Thus the name of Rodger Saffold does not appear but if they place Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle @ #11 this is the same OT who was traded away from the Jags & nearly single handed got Joe Flacco killed many times late in the season makes me think this list is FAULTY.

One player on this UFA list that I would enter talks into would be Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle. When UFA Saffold signs with another team I should would have some conversation under my belt with him for the obvious Ram reasons.

Last edited by a moderator: