Jim Thomas: Rams Loss ‘As Disappointing As It Gets’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
My god I hate Bernie. What a douche. One loss with a new o-line, new QB, new OC, no Quick and no Gurley and "We've been fooled again?"

How did we get fooled into posting Bernie again, that's what I want to know. Dude's an idiot.

"Sunday’s beatdown by the Redskins was the worst defeat by the Fisher-coached Rams."

What?!? We were IN THAT game the whole way despite the bad throws and drops and missing players. Did the Rams play poorly? Yes. Worst defeat? What a moron.

I'm with you on this. Bernie is menstruating again.

Every single Rams fan knew the offense would be a work in process this year. New qb. Young OL. Missing players. Their first half against Washington was beyond terrible. But even though, it was 17-10 for a very long time in the 2nd half, and the O couldn't sustain anything to tie it up.

Yeah, the D gave up the big play on D and didn't make as many plays as needed on the critical down plays. But dominated? Hardly. Worn down from offensive 3 and outs and long Washington drives is what I saw.

None of this changes the Rams road map for this year. We still know what we have in the Rams D.

The Rams do need to hit SOME offensive stride to win games. Not 45 points a game good. Just low mistake move the chains get some FGs and an occasional TD and let the D rest levels of good.

Lets get Quick and Gurley going and see where that leads before we give up on the season.

Oh, and for the love of God someone please give Bernie some Motrin.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya' know , between Miklaz, Wagonner and Thomas, if I were the Demoff, I'd send 'em a note saying "nice write up - you're gonna' miss us when we're gone".
Getting very tired of their whiny, petulant, negative, bash 'em every chance you get, repetitive, stat-quoting, meaningless bullcrap so-called articles desperately trying to pass for journalism.
So, the L.A. press would be more civil to them after losing a game they should have won?

The media does this in every single market... it could be worse... the Rams could play in Philadelphia.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This team is nowhere near turning the corner and "challenging" for anything. Teams that have "turned the corner" and are ready to take that next step of being a GOOD team, does NOT allow a game like last Sunday against the Redskins happen. They just don't. They might lose ... but a team that is a "contender" does not let any team, let alone a mediocre one, totally dominate them. The Rams were Out played, out coached, out ran, out thrown, out hit, out tackled and out blocked. THAT does NOT happen to good teams. Teams that are "turning the corner" or "ready to contend" just don't let games like that happen to them.

This team does not know how to sustain the intensity and discipline that it takes to be a consistent "winner".They seem to blow their wads getting themselves up for "big games" ... and then for some reason ... they don't know how to maintain that ... "IT". This team (from the front office on down) needs to see a shrink. Somebody to find out what is causing these mental blocks of how to do things right consistently.

I was all geeked up for this season .. and really geeked after the Seattle win .... but last weekend showed me ... nothing has changed. this team is mired in something .. and I have no idea what it is, but I do know GOOD teams DON'T let games like last weekend happen to them.....

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The disappointment is valid but it's based on two questionable premises:

The Rams are a very good team, and Washington isn't. Don't think this is a 'known" at this point.