Jim Thomas: Rams Loss ‘As Disappointing As It Gets’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
There has to be some kind of correlation to teams having a horrible game the week after playing the seahawks. I remember last year reading that teams were like 0-10 the week following a game against them? Is it that physically draining? Mentally draining? Both? Dunno, but that's pretty weird.

X, if I didn't know you better, I'd almost suspect you're searching for a (gasp) excuse for this teams pathetic performance......but "upon further review", I'm sure that your intentions were honorable. :whistle:;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see this being in the conversation for worst loss...we were expected to win, this is the best roster we've had in a long time, and we lost....not only that, but we weren't really even competitive. Kirk Cousins looked great, they ran all over us, and on offense we did NOTHING aside from one nice play.

RamzFanz

Damnit
All due respect, but you must have been watching a different game that I was. When you site that they "were in the game", perhaps the score was reasonably close (AFTER) the 3rd Q, but their play was pathetic and extremely disappointing.

Now I'm being put in the awkward position of both criticizing and defending the Rams for this game because Bernie ran to the front of the "Rams are horrible" line as fast as his fat ass could carry him.

Yes, I did mean score wise. At any point they could have turned it around and didn't. I also thought this game should have been easier. I was wrong. Washington had a plan, a good plan, and executed all game. I don't think this was a beat down by the Bears or anything like it. I think Washington is better than we expected and Fisher got out coached.

But worst defeat ever? Na. Its more along the line of a wakeup call. We didn't just get knocked out of the playoffs, we had our weaknesses exposed and that may be a good thing in the end.

3-4 more games, add Gurley and Quick, learn how to deal with pass rushes and 3 TE sets, Rams will be fine. Bernie's expectations were just not reasonable for the Rams today.

fearsomefour

Legend
There has to be some kind of correlation to teams having a horrible game the week after playing the seahawks. I remember last year reading that teams were like 0-10 the week following a game against them? Is it that physically draining? Mentally draining? Both? Dunno, but that's pretty weird.
I think there is an element to the physicality of dealing with their defense.

fearsomefour

Legend
Facts out of context. Facts alone don't tell the whole truth. If Bernie or anyone thought the Rams wouldn't have a bumpy start, it's just delusional. It wasn't even in the ballpark of worst defeat ever, sadly.
I would say the opening season loss to Minnesota last year was worse. Now in that game they were not competitive. The Redskins physically dominated the Rams for stretches in the game....however, Tru grabs the pic and maybe the game is a little different. So it goes.
It was a bad game, there have been worse for Fisher.

fearsomefour

Legend
Now I'm being put in the awkward position of both criticizing and defending the Rams for this game because Bernie ran to the front of the "Rams are horrible" line as fast as his fat ass could carry him.

Yes, I did mean score wise. At any point they could have turned it around and didn't. I also thought this game should have been easier. I was wrong. Washington had a plan, a good plan, and executed all game. I don't think this was a beat down by the Bears or anything like it. I think Washington is better than we expected and Fisher got out coached.

But worst defeat ever? Na. Its more along the line of a wakeup call. We didn't just get knocked out of the playoffs, we had our weaknesses exposed and that may be a good thing in the end.

3-4 more games, add Gurley and Quick, learn how to deal with pass rushes and 3 TE sets, Rams will be fine. Bernie's expectations were just not reasonable for the Rams today.
The Skins have a good front seven.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams some three TE sets.

fearsomefour

Legend
Naw....Cook, Kendrick, Harkey would work fine. Could move them around to the line/backfield.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
For once.... Can't argue with that sniveling slob.

It may not have been a beat down by score but let's be honest, they got smacked in the teeth and got their spirit broken.

Although, it looked like the Rams didn't care about being on the field from the first snap.

Can't disagree more. They got beat. Live with it.

And try smiling once in awhile. Jesus. You're always pissed off.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Ya' know , between Miklaz, Wagonner and Thomas, if I were the Demoff, I'd send 'em a note saying "nice write up - you're gonna' miss us when we're gone".
Getting very tired of their whiny, petulant, negative, bash 'em every chance you get, repetitive, stat-quoting, meaningless bullshit so-called articles desperately trying to pass for journalism.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Ya' know , between Miklaz, Wagonner and Thomas, if I were the Demoff, I'd send 'em a note saying "nice write up - you're gonna' miss us when we're gone".
Getting very tired of their whiny, petulant, negative, bash 'em every chance you get, repetitive, stat-quoting, meaningless bullcrap so-called articles desperately trying to pass for journalism.

The Rams got their ass handed to them and the reporters reported it that way. I don't know what you expect to read after a loss like that. You get mad when they quote stats? I'd be more mad that the stats are that bad, not that someone reports them.
I think it's time we stop blaming the St Louis media for negative reports and start asking why there's little positive to report.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The Rams got their ass handed to them and the reporters reported it that way. I don't know what you expect to read after a loss like that. You get mad when they quote stats? I'd be more mad that the stats are that bad, not that someone reports them.
I think it's time we stop blaming the St Louis media for negative reports and start asking why there's little positive to report.

Yeah but why can't they be more like North Korea?