Jim Swhwartz needs to make playoffs to keep job? Maybe rams new D cord...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
According to the NFL Network, the Lions need to make the playoffs in order for coach Jim Schwartz to keep his job.
Monday night's home loss to the Ravens could be the nail in Schwartz's coffin. In order to make the playoffs, the Lions will need to win out and have both the Packers and Bears lose at least one game. Schwartz's team has dropped four of their last five games and are 7-7 on the season, leaving his career mark at just 29-49. He's made the playoffs once since taking over in 2009.

Schwartz made his name working under fisher while he coached the titans I would have to think if he got fired he would be the first in line to take over tim waltons job (assuming he gets fired which I think is about a done deal at this point with fisher taking over the D play calling) What would you guys think about the hire?

A55VA6

Legend
I don't know if I'd like it because Schwartz is a pretty easy guy to dislike, but it kind of makes sense. He's got ties to Fisher and it could work. He's probably looking for a HC job if he's fired though.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yes!!! He could pick a fight with Jim Harbaugh after each 9'er game.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes!!! He could pick a fight with Jim Harbaugh after each 9'er game.

Lol thats the first thing that came into my mind when I read he may get the boot. Harbaugh needs an @ss whipping!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I don't know if I'd like it because Schwartz is a pretty easy guy to dislike, but it kind of makes sense. He's got ties to Fisher and it could work. He's probably looking for a HC job if he's fired though.

He may be looking but that doesnt mean he will find one. Dont have any stats on it but it seems like most first time head coaches that fail at there first chance normally go back to an assistant job and work there way back to respect before they get another shot.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He would definately bring some intensity to the defense that tim walton was lacking. Put me down for saying I would love the hire if he gets fired. He already knows the D and would be a major upgrade, I think it would be a slam dunk hire.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm still not convinced that Walton will be fired. I'll believe it when I see it.

DeaconJ

Rookie
Does this mean that Walton might say goodnight to Grandpa and the Rams could gain a Schwartz?:roflmao: Might be a good thing.
Seriously, this defense has looked lost at times this season and that reflects on the coordinator. Tim might become a good DC in time, but it appears that time limit with The Fish is running out.

Last edited by a moderator:

A55VA6

Legend
I'm still not convinced that Walton will be fired. I'll believe it when I see it.
Along with Fisher being the head coach, he's doing all the defensive game planning and all that. Walton is basically wasting his time. He'll be fired or least demoted someway.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It seems most quality def Coordinators are easy to dislike. I think it's more the intensity they have for the game comes through a lil rough

V3

Hall of Fame
Along with Fisher being the head coach, he's doing all the defensive game planning and all that. Walton is basically wasting his time. He'll be fired or least demoted someway.

How do we know he's doing all that? Just because we see him with the clipboard on the sidelines when the defense is playing doesn't mean he's doing everything. Are there reports that Fisher has taken over everything?

A55VA6

Legend
How do we know he's doing all that? Just because we see him with the clipboard on the sidelines when the defense is playing doesn't mean he's doing everything. Are there reports that Fisher has taken over everything?
It's been reported that Fisher has taken all the game planning and goes to the defensive meetings and puts it all together. Idk what to believe anymore though because I saw a report stated Les Snead's job is in jeopardy... That's obviously false.

V3

Hall of Fame
It's been reported that Fisher has taken all the game planning and goes to the defensive meetings and puts it all together. Idk what to believe anymore though because I saw a report stated Les Snead's job is in jeopardy... That's obviously false.

If that report is true, then it does look like Walton should get fired. Like you though, it's hard to weed out the true reports from the false ones. Just one more thing to wait and see on with the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Right now; I am scared of hiring another Lions coach.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The man knows Fisher as well as the schemes Fisher likes to play. Yea it would be odd but fish had no way of knowing Schwartz would be available anytime soon

A55VA6

Legend
I don't think Walton was ready to be a defensive coordinator.. that's my opinion though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He might not be fired, but if Fisher can add someone like a Jim Schwartz or Leslie Frazier Walton could be kept with the original title the Rams had offered him two years ago, which was assistant defensive coordinator/passing game.