Jets clean house, fire GM John Idzik and Rex Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ly-contacting-candidates-to-be-jets-gm-coach/

Report: Casserly contacting candidates to be Jets’ GM, coach
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 27, 2014

c993d4e6134bf6a940dcae3edbdeeb16-e1413558898701.jpeg
Getty Images

Charley Casserly, the former Redskins and Texans general manager who’s now working as a consultant for Jets owner Woody Johnson, is already contacting candidates to be the Jets’ next head coach and next general manager.

That’s the word from Dom Cosentino of NJ.com, who reports that the Jets are moving quickly on the idea that head coach Rex Ryan and General Manager John Idzik both figure to be fired after Sunday’s season finale.

Ryan hasn’t been told he’s fired, but that move is so clearly coming that Ryan has already reportedly cleared out his office. Idzik’s firing hasn’t been seen as quite the sure thing that Ryan’s is, but given the lack of talent on the roster, and particularly Idzik’s inability to find a franchise quarterback, it’s easy to see why Idzik would get the boot as well.

Big changes are needed with the Jets. It appears that Johnson will begin making those changes within the next 48 hours.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Sounds like he'll be fired between the final gun and getting to midfield for the traditonal handshake...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But who will take that job? That's a steaming mess of a franchise and they will be lucky to get a desperate retread or a lukewarm OC/DC to step into the job. Working for the Jets as a HC/OC/DC has to be one of the worst coaching jobs in the entire American sports landscape.

I have a feeling Casserly is going to have to make an awful lot of phone calls and offer an awful lot of money to lure a qualified guy to that team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sent in my resume. ;)

Cover letter had one sentence: "Can't really be worse than the last guy you hired."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sent in my resume. ;)

Cover letter had one sentence: "Can't really be worse than the last guy you hired."

Dude bring me in as OC I can do as well as Marty Mornhinweg and I'll kick you back 50% of my salary.

Deal?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What a nightmare that must have been,,,, can you imagine the freaky shit Rex had to clear out of his office.

Sanchize tattoo art.

Foot sucking vids staring Rex and his wife.

God only knows what else was in those boxes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Jets are going to need a Lot of Draft Picks to fix what ale's that team!! I suggest the call "Snisher" first for a good deal!! :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Would love for the Rams to get a younger version of C Nick Mangold. I wonder if the new HC and GM will have a fire sale on some of their players in order to get more draft picks? Percy Harvin could be on the move again.

I was curious what kind of cap space they had next year because that really influences roster moves.

They have 60 million and that's before they make any cuts to increase that number. It's possible for them to go into next year with 75 million to spend, which is of course a staggering number.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What a nightmare that must have been,,,, can you imagine the freaky crap Rex had to clear out of his office.

Sanchize tattoo art.

Foot sucking vids staring Rex and his wife.

God only knows what else was in those boxes.

LOL @foot sucking vids. Yeah there was probably some stuff in boxes that is better off being buried.

FRO

Legend
Sent in my resume. ;)

I know you are joking, but you along with some other internet draft guys really couldn't do much worse than some GMs out there. You outdid Snead with your 2012 second round. Were you our GM we would have Jeffrey and Hilton at WR.

I don't think Rex is a bad coach. I think they have a bad owner. With no QB option and a bad draft position to grab one I see that job as a bad one to take. They will get some hot shot coordinator and be playing the same song and dance in 2-3 years. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go the McDaniels route.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really wanted the rams to hire Rex Ryan back in 2009 felt he would give the Rams some sizzle. As to where he lands I would really be shocked if he received another Head Coaching gig after a 2-14 season. John Fox was able to get hired by the Broncos back in 2011 after finishing 2-14 with the Panthers, but not sure if Rex can.

The Chicago Bears seem like a good fit, however, I see the Bears going in another direction like Todd Bowles for example. Black Monday looms and Rexy will no longer be Sexy in New York.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
But who will take that job? That's a steaming mess of a franchise and they will be lucky to get a desperate retread or a lukewarm OC/DC to step into the job. Working for the Jets as a HC/OC/DC has to be one of the worst coaching jobs in the entire American sports landscape.

I have a feeling Casserly is going to have to make an awful lot of phone calls and offer an awful lot of money to lure a qualified guy to that team.

Nah...only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. They will have a good chance at getting just about anyone they want that is available.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would almost bet Norv Turner will get a phone call!

Not going to happen Turner has had three opportunities to be a Head Coach with a career record of 114-122--1 that shipped has sailed as once, twice, three times a lady.