Jets clean house, fire GM John Idzik and Rex Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Texans Director of College Scouting Mike Maccagnan for GM and Raven Offensive Coordinator and former Texan Head Coach Gary Kubiak to be the next Head Coach for the New York Jets as they've hired former Texan GM Charley Casserly as a consultant and when it comes to executives and Head Coaches in the NFL I like to play connect the dots!

moklerman

Warner-phile
I like Texans Director of College Scouting Mike Maccagnan for GM and Raven Offensive Coordinator and former Texan Head Coach Gary Kubiak to be the next Head Coach for the New York Jets as they've hired former Texan GM Charley Casserly as a consultant and when it comes to executives and Head Coaches in the NFL I like to play connect the dots!
It's perfectly reasonable to do so considering how much nepotism goes on. Is Casserly really connected to Kubiak though? Dom Capers was his hand-picked choice to coach the Texans as an expansion team and I'm not sure Casserly wanted to fire him. Seems more like the owner McNair and his consultant Dan Reeves made that choice.

As mentioned above, Norv Turner might actually be a consideration. He was Casserly's choice for the Redskins back in '94 and he remained after Casserly left so Casserly may actually still consider him a good choice since he never fired him.

Not seeing a lot from Casserly in terms of drafting a QB. David Carr and Heath Shuler are his two early picks at the position and not a whole lot else. He did acquire Brad Johnson which is a point in his favor but overall, I'm seeing a lot of QB choices that were failures.

But, we're not actually talking about Casserly as the GM so I don't know if he's going to be doing GM duties once he hires one. It may be left primarily up to the GM to select a HC/QB.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As mentioned above, Norv Turner might actually be a consideration. He was Casserly's choice for the Redskins back in '94 and he remained after Casserly left so Casserly may actually still consider him a good choice since he never fired him.

Not seeing a lot from Casserly in terms of drafting a QB. David Carr and Heath Shuler are his two early picks at the position and not a whole lot else. He did acquire Brad Johnson which is a point in his favor but overall, I'm seeing a lot of QB choices that were failures.

But, we're not actually talking about Casserly as the GM so I don't know if he's going to be doing GM duties once he hires one. It may be left primarily up to the GM to select a HC/QB.

Gary Kubiak was the last coach he hired in 2006 with the Texans.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Gary Kubiak was the last coach he hired in 2006 with the Texans.
But that was after McNair came in and forced Dan Reeves into the situation as a consultant, isn't it? Kubiak was Reeves' guy if I had to guess(considering their past in Denver).

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But that was after McNair came in and forced Dan Reeves into the situation as a consultant, isn't it? Kubiak was Reeves' guy if I had to guess(considering their past in Denver).

I think you're right on that I missed it. I still like an offensive coach for the Jets usually teams go in a different direction they had previously, but most likely they hire the GM first.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think you're right on that I missed it. I still like an offensive coach for the Jets usually teams go in a different direction they had previously, but most likely they hire the GM first.
Yeah, as bad as their offense has been for so long, I think they might be thinking the same thing. And Casserly actually took a good approach in building the Texans, he just had some bad luck so he may actually do well in putting something together for the Jets.

I haven't really been paying attention to who's out there though. Getting back to Capers for a second though, he's spent time recently with the Patriots and Dolphins. In addition to nepotism, these guys often stay with the divisions that they're familiar with so maybe his name will actually be on the table for the Jets?

If they want to go young and offense, Greg Roman coached for Capers in Carolina and Houston for a few years so maybe he's an option? I think I've heard that he'll be promoted if Harbaugh leaves though so I don't know.

What about Gil Haskell tying things together? He was Capers' OC in '98 but also was Holmgren's OC in Seattle after that. So, maybe there's a connection between Casserly and Holmgren? I think the Jets need to make a splash and I've heard that Holmgren might be ready to come back to the NFL.

Holmgren would fit a lot of what the Jets could use. Big name, offense-minded, has built franchises that were in need of help, instant credibility...could be a possibility.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm thinking Jimbo Fisher from FSU. Then he can draft Winston! :ROFLMAO:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Holmgren would fit a lot of what the Jets could use. Big name, offense-minded, has built franchises that were in need of help, instant credibility...could be a possibility.

That could be a great call I realize Holmgren has made overtures about coming back, but IMO, the league might think he's too far gone. However, I could see the match and Woody Johnson is more about the back pages (that's the front pages in NYC) and making splashes whereas the Giants are more about just winning football games.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm guessing that means Rex Ryan can't hold Fisher's jock

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm afraid you might see his name pop up in the 49ers serach

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I guess he's going to have to get his tattoo 're-touched' ! LOL

tattoo.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could end up in AZ.
Rex Ryan will not take a DC position.
He has emphatically stated so.
I could see him getting the gig in Atlanta
If he doesnt geta gig this year, he'll do TV for a year

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Ryan would be great for Chicago.

I believe he'll get another shot at a HC position in the future.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
lol wonder if he still thinks Mr. Donald can't hold anybody's jock anymore...douche bag