Jeff Fisher's next Job IMO./UCLA hires Chip Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Defensive Coordinator Dallas Cowboys....Jerry agrees to have Fisher's sons and that is a high enough profile gig for Fisher to rebuild his resume, with the hopes of getting a shot to taker over for Garrett. I don't see the Cowboys firing Garrett, however, I believe Rod Marinelli retires or resigns (if he's still under contract) and Fisher is the type of name Jones covets....Now Jones could go for someone who has actually coordinated a defense, who becomes available, but IMO, I could see this being an option for Jones and too good of an opportunity for Jeff Fisher...And as always, JMHO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible, but I don't see him coming out of Montana's great fishing life for a coordinators job. Part of me thinks he's done for good. He just made what $35 million off the Rams? His kids are now all out of college he has his ranch up there and homes elsewhere, I just think he's going to enjoy retirement he looked really rough there at the end of his run with the Rams.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At 59 gentlemen? 60 next year could be, but having an opportunity to coach the Dallas Cowboys would be a perfect fit. True, he made his money, but the reputation takes a hit. If he comes back and builds a great defense in Dallas, then it's looked upon differently, however, maybe he realizes, it's a younger man's game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just don't see him as a guy who takes a demotion.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I heard his name mentioned in connection with the UCLA head coaching job, is there any validity in this.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At 59 gentlemen? 60 next year could be, but having an opportunity to coach the Dallas Cowboys would be a perfect fit. True, he made his money, but the reputation takes a hit. If he comes back and builds a great defense in Dallas, then it's looked upon differently, however, maybe he realizes, it's a younger man's game.
Good points but his reputation has already taken big hits. The hit he'd take for taking a coordinator job would be big too. It'll be fun to watch this coaching off season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I heard his name mentioned in connection with the UCLA head coaching job, is there any validity in this.

Doubtful, if Chip Kelly chooses Florida, UCLA will go with an up and coming offensive coach like Scott Frost, Matt Campbell or Jeff Brohm.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fish never established himself as an elite DC. Part of his problem tbh, in that he rose to HC too quickly.

jap

Legend
Possible, but I don't see him coming out of Montana's great fishing life for a coordinators job. Part of me thinks he's done for good. He just made what $35 million off the Rams? His kids are now all out of college he has his ranch up there and homes elsewhere, I just think he's going to enjoy retirement he looked really rough there at the end of his run with the Rams.

After the way he treated Jared and with the extreme difference in Jared's performance under Fisher's regime compared to Sean McVay's watch, Jeff should be done for good.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Fisher has no business being a head coach again. He knows absolutely nothing about offense and there are plenty of better defensive minds. He is probably off everyone’s radar.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
he should go to Cleveland and build there roster then hand it over to a real coach

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fish never established himself as an elite DC. Part of his problem tbh, in that he rose to HC too quickly.

Not so sure about that, he was defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles 1988-1990 and they are regarded as one of the elite defenses of that time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not so sure about that, he was defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles 1988-1990 and they are regarded as one of the elite defenses of that time.

That was Buddy Ryan's defense, first off. Buddy wasn't a hands off guy with that side of the ball, he was known to be very engaged and active in the room.

The 88 squad also gave up 319 points (14th in the league that year). The 90 squad gave up 299 (12th). They did have a 5th ranked group sandwiched in the year between, but the combination of that plus Buddy owning that defense meh.

Fish rose too fast man. It was half his problem tbh, that he didn't cut his teeth long enough and wasn't ready. I'm sure someone will mention McVay in response to that, but every coach is different. McVay's a rare guy. Fish wasn't, he had that kind of vibe around the league but couldn't live up to it statistically IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Defensive Coordinator Dallas Cowboys....Jerry agrees to have Fisher's sons and that is a high enough profile gig for Fisher to rebuild his resume, with the hopes of getting a shot to taker over for Garrett. I don't see the Cowboys firing Garrett, however, I believe Rod Marinelli retires or resigns (if he's still under contract) and Fisher is the type of name Jones covets....Now Jones could go for someone who has actually coordinated a defense, who becomes available, but IMO, I could see this being an option for Jones and too good of an opportunity for Jeff Fisher...And as always, JMHO.

If Jeff Fisher were smart he'd stay away from that circus, since Jerrah's focus is on the commissioner rather than fixing his team.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
T
Fish rose too fast man. It was half his problem tbh, that he didn't cut his teeth long enough and wasn't ready. I'm sure someone will mention McVay in response to that, but every coach is different. McVay's a rare guy. Fish wasn't, he had that kind of vibe around the league but couldn't live up to it statistically IMO.

Well, you can't give Ryan all the credit and that Eagle defense was very good as I recall, the defensive line for example. However, Fisher did build the Oiler/Titan defense as he was very hands on as well, in fact, too hands on as a Head Coach. Again not a Fisher fan, but I do think he could coordinate a defense and believe that it would be a Jerry Jones type hire because it's a name and many in Texas will write that Fisher has built some good defenses.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Jeff Fisher were smart he'd stay away from that circus, since Jerrah's focus is on the commissioner rather than fixing his team.

Until Elliott gets back, then Jerrah will kiss and makeup with Roger (to protect the shield) and turn his attention to the Cowboy defense that has not been able to stop anybody's passing game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You hatin' bastids! My Rams would have beaten the Hawks!
~Fish

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Until Elliott gets back, then Jerrah will kiss and makeup with Roger (to protect the shield) and turn his attention to the Cowboy defense that has not been able to stop anybody's passing game.

It will always be something then. Since Jerrah took over it's been drama story after drama story with what, 2 playoff wins in 20 something years?