Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeyknish

UDFA
In my humble (and outside) opinion, he cost the Rams the victory. I watched the entire game, and the entire tenor changed because he did not call time out right before the half, to give the offense time to put another score on the board. It was a very timid move, and it seemed to me that he was coaching not to lose, instead of to win the game. The players immediately followed suit after that, and lost their edge.

Last edited:

Irish

Starter
Fisher and his nepotism need to go. No more Schottenheimer, no more Fassell, no more Williams.

The problem, though, is you need to replace him as well as his friends. That is more difficult than we realize.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't recall Fisher throwing the flag for the phantom PI, swallowing his whistle on several obvious holds (including two different instances on plays that resulted in TD's for the 49ers). Don't recall him missing blocking assignments either that had Davis running for his life in both halves (and despite that, he was pretty decent in the 1st).

Fisher isn't above criticism, but I don't think he lost the game for us last night.

joeyknish

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher and his nepotism need to go. No more Schottenheimer, no more Fassell, no more Williams.

The problem, though, is you need to replace him as well as his friends. That is more difficult than we realize.

He works better as a coordinator but not the leader of the entire team.

joeyknish

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't recall Fisher throwing the flag for the phantom PI, swallowing his whistle on several obvious holds (including two different instances on plays that resulted in TD's for the 49ers). Don't recall him missing blocking assignments either that had Davis running for his life in both halves (and despite that, he was pretty decent in the 1st).

Fisher isn't above criticism, but I don't think he lost the game for us last night.

It was a team that was full of swag, and then completely deflated after that. I think he could have kept the swag going by calling the time out, and showing his offense a little faith.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was a team that was full of swag, and then completely deflated after that. I think he could have kept the swag going by calling the time out, and showing his offense a little faith.

It was partially deflated after the phantom PI that crushed their offensive momentum and turned a probable score into a punt. The rest was done on the TD pass. The swag was already gone by that time, it was time to regroup.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Without a bad PI call, and blown coverage, Fisher's probably being praised today.
Newsflash - we were not going anywhere this year, even BEFORE SB goes down.
THEN, our backup goes down, and we're all screaming because AD is not he second coming.
C'mon guys - really? :palm:

Hex

UDFA
Hello everyone, new to the this forum and like many of you, I was fuming last night with all the bad officiating, conservative play calling and poor QB play. Having said that, I never believed Fisher was a great hire, but at the time of his hire he was the "best" available. He's a .500 coach and is not the one that will lead a team over the hump. I would be surprised if he is retained after this year.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

You can't get a foul overturned with the red flag! That's what so aggravating about the fouls refs have been calling! No recourse!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I see many things in common with him and Dick V. Both good managers, good coaches who have had success (most coaches, including St. Vermeil, who have coached long enough hover between .500 and .625-.650. Factor in Bud Adams and the .500 coach thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's a league set up for parity.). But like DV before him, Fisher needs to bring in some newer blood at the coordinators to bring true change to this team.

jjab360

Legend
You can't get a foul overturned with the red flag! That's what so aggravating about the fouls refs have been calling! No recourse!
Hoping that we'll be able to in the near future, and the refs that review the call are separate from the refs that made the BS call in the first place.

I see no reason why we're able to review everything but penalties, refs are far from infallible. The fact that we can't review penalties gives them way too much power and plants the seeds of doubt and corruption in the minds of so many fans.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was partially deflated after the phantom PI that crushed their offensive momentum and turned a probable score into a punt. The rest was done on the TD pass. The swag was already gone by that time, it was time to regroup.
The block by the LT on Quinn on the long TD....if we are talking the same TD, not a hold.
If this team cannot over come a flag they are not good.
They are not good at this point.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
OK fearsome - you've made your point.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The block by the LT on Quinn on the long TD....if we are talking the same TD, not a hold.

You and I have different ideas about what constitutes holding, that's for sure. Staley had a handful of Quinn's jersey.

And I'm tired of hearing that "good teams overcome" this kind of crap. On an almost weekly basis, we get a momentum killing call, non-call, or both. I don't see where the leagues darlings have to overcome that kind of think on an almost weekly basis.

I agree the Rams need to limit their mistakes, but at some point the bad calls get into your head and players begin to believe - just like us fans - that no matter how good they play, they're going to get fcked out of a chance to win the game fair and square. They played a pretty good first half of the game on both sides of the ball, and you can point to the OPI call on Cook and subsequent TD - sans obvious holding call - as the turning points of the game.

fearsomefour

Legend
You and I have different ideas about what constitutes holding, that's for sure. Staley had a handful of Quinn's jersey.

And I'm tired of hearing that "good teams overcome" this kind of crap. On an almost weekly basis, we get a momentum killing call, non-call, or both. I don't see where the leagues darlings have to overcome that kind of think on an almost weekly basis.

I agree the Rams need to limit their mistakes, but at some point the bad calls get into your head and players begin to believe - just like us fans - that no matter how good they play, they're going to get fcked out of a chance to win the game fair and square. They played a pretty good first half of the game on both sides of the ball, and you can point to the OPI call on Cook and subsequent TD - sans obvious holding call - as the turning points of the game.
I will have to rewatch the play, if I can bring myself to it.
SF had two horrifically bad calls go against them vs. Arizona earlier this year. I guess Arizona is more of a darling than SF? It doesnt matter.
The Rams had under 20 yards of offense most of the second half. JJ also got away with a blatant PI that didnt get called in the second half. I am not defending the refs, just, the old speculation of this being an intentional thing always rings hallow with me, for reasons covered in previous threads.
Agree to disagree I suppose.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not a hold? Quinn turned the corner, Staley grabbed him by the collar and kept him from being able to run to Kaepernick. That's a hold. Here's the play:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000410684/Wk-6-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lloyd-burns-Rams-deep

Quinn is around him with Kaepernick in his sights. Staley pretty clearly is able to keep him from getting away because he has him by the collar.