Jeff Fisher: St. Louis Rams interested in Mark Sanchez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...sher-st-louis-rams-interested-in-mark-sanchez

Hey, we knew it was coming, right? It could be worse...couldn't it? Tebow?

Mark Sanchez's tumultuous journey with the New York Jets is complete, but his NFL career will continue. Count the St. Louis Rams as one prospective suitor.

With Bradford recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL, having a legitimate backup doubly is important. Enter Sanchez, who made 62 regular-season starts and six more in the playoffs.

Sanchez also has a prior relationship with Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who led the Jets' attack in Sanchez's first four seasons.

"Brian had a good relationship with Mark," Fisher said. "He's just learning. He's been to the AFC Championship Game a couple of times, so he's been there."

The Jets did Sanchez no favors by waiting 11 days into the free-agent period before cutting the quarterback loose. St. Louis represents a sensible fit for Sanchez, though he'd have to come to terms with locking himself into a defined backup role. In truth, he's in a position where he might not have a better option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to scare you. I meant they were interested in Sanchez. Sorry about that...

Alan

Legend
upload_2014-3-24_7-22-44.jpeg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would like him better as our #2 QB than Clemens
train
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd rather have Clemens. They both had similar numbers for the Jets in the same offense, but Clemens was a much better leader and could help mentor a rookie QB that the Rams seemingly want to draft and develop.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd rather have Clemens. They both had similar numbers for the Jets in the same offense, but Clemens was a much better leader and could help mentor a rookie QB that the Rams seemingly want to draft and develop.

Exactly....I've been saying that same thing about production on two boards and too many people don't want to listen. Sanchez has performed like a back up his entire career. Bringing him here does nothing really, except start a possible QB controversy. Plus he is going to want to start so why is he even going to talk to the Rams. And Fisher couldn't have been more vague in his response about Sanchez, it's not like they are going after him hammer and tong, if it happens it happens. But really if you were Sanchez and could get a shot to start for a year or two so that you might prove yourself and get a fairly big contract from a desperate team wouldn't you avoid the Rams? There is a good chance you don't get to play here. It's actually not the best move for Sanchez.

This is the same way I feel about the Fitzpatrick deal. He made the right choice. He's going to get to play in HOU and possibly do well enough that another team will give him a decent deal and he'll get to play and make millions.

Sanchez' agent should be burning up the phone lines to CLE, OAK, MINN, JAX because they can pay him to be a stop gap rather than wasting a high pick on a QB in a draft class that has no real star potential.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well,,, if he comes to The Lou... at least 3 or 4 senior girls from various different high schools will have an interesting prom date.

Dirty Sanchez

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well,,, if he comes to The Lou... at least 3 or 4 senior girls from various different high schools will have an interesting prom date.

Dirty Sanchez

Haha.....that video is one he will never, ever live down. He couldn't even get their tops off meanwhile he's bouncing around like he's on a pogo stick showing his ass.

I want that kind of maturity and obvious leadership skill on my team.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guys, Guys! Let's give Butt Boy a Chance! Can't we all just get along....