Jeff Fisher Post Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because it would be fair.
Give him all the rope you want, I don't give a crap. Just making sure people use pejoratives to describe him when he makes mistakes. That's the fairness of which I speak. If that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you.
Well if you don't expect a rookie to make mistakes, I don't know how to respond.
Keenum was the starter because he didn't make these mistakes (allegedly)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher has the look of a tired and frustrated man who is just beside himself in this interview. This isn't going to end well for him and he knows it. So close, yet so far for us fans. Two weeks to prepare and all we have is one new wildcat play that actually worked really well. Please try some more new plays. That 4th down shotgun handoff call was the worst play of the day and the Panthers were totally ready for it. Call an audible for goodness sake!. I will say that 4th down TD pass was sweet, but it would have been raining crap for days if we didn't score on that big gamble.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Fisher would make a great VP of something

image.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well if you don't expect a rookie to make mistakes, I don't know how to respond.
Keenum was the starter because he didn't make these mistakes (allegedly)
I don't think you're understanding my point, but that's cool. Suffice it to say you'll be ok if people refer to him as an idiot, or loser, or has a noodle arm, or shouldn't even be in the league, or any other number of gems reserved for the starting QB of the Los Angeles Rams.

Ellard80

Legend
Huh?
The ball was in the air less than a second. It was a bad drop. He had another drop earlier. But, he was also the only one doing any damn thing in the passing game for a large part of the game.
Keenum missed on open WR for a probable score (Quick), Kendricks dropped a sure TD, out kicker missed two field goals. Those plays represent a17 point differential (kicked a FG after the Kendricks drop) that the O left on the field.
Fassel's ST were terrible all day. Don't know if their was one kick with a return that didn't have a flag. Two missed kicks and a pathetic inside attempt. It was a strange play and illegal anyway.
Hey Fassel, we get it we get it you are so very clever.....how about make sure a play is legal before you run it. As bad as the Rams onside execution was it was a work of art compared to the Steelers onside attempt.
Kendricks drop is easy to remember because it was an easy play, but, plenty of reasons the Rams lost today.

If you have the game on DVR go back and look... I wish I had the technological skills to find the close up of his face as the ball arrives and post it here.

He dropped the ball because he closed his eyes right when it hits him... is it really that suprising? I mean that's one of the top reasons that guys drop balls...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think you're understanding my point, but that's cool. Suffice it to say you'll be ok if people refer to him as an idiot, or loser, or has a noodle arm, or shouldn't even be in the league, or any other number of gems reserved for the starting QB of the Los Angeles Rams.
No I'm saying the opposite.
I'd expect Goff to be cut some slack for making the same mistakes that the other high profile rookies are making

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He dropped it, the ball was right there and he dropped it.

He doesm and he had a good game. But that dropped TD changes an L to a W..........almost certainly.

I will help him. Kendricks dropped the ball which is most likely why we lost the game.

Gurley got 12 carries, 17 for the entire team versus 46 passes. I can see that if you are down 21-0 but this was never out of reach. He is giving up on the run game too fast, this is not the first time he's done this.

I don't blame the coaches either, they can't do that.

We can though. LOL

That drop was terrible, just terrible.

I'm not going to blame GZ for two missed 55 yarders outside. Inside he would have hit one I'd bet, outside it's harder. The Kendricks drop was the difference maker in this game.

The games are usually won or lost on a small number of plays and dropping a TD pass is as bad as it gets.

Missing a wide open Quick was huge also.

I don't get what you are saying. People may call him names but so what? I won't because Goff is a rookie. He gets a pass for the first full season he plays, especially with the limitations at WR, and yes they are glaring. Peyton Manning was 1-15 in his rookie year. Goff should be allowed to do that in his first season. That is why I wanted him to start at the beginning of the season. This team is not a playoff team. If Fisher couldn't recognize that then he shouldn't be coaching. Goff could have had a full year under his belt, or even 3/4s of a year by seasons end. Then maybe with a decent second round pick, New OLine coach, free agent WR, or a guy like Spruce starts to blossom and the team is off on a good footing for 2017. But, now we are discussing whether or not fans will be nitpicking Goff next year like they have Keenum. SMH.

Case looked much better in the first three games than he has in the last three. He is regressing. Goff has nowhere to go but up. If people want to call him names so be it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whew weee! Lets get to it

Several O coaching changes during Fisher era but relatively the same dull O remains. How is that similarity always popping up on his teams?
First the Panthers have a really good defense. We gained 344 total yards...Still, to your point..How are we still similar? Look at the QB's the last 5 years, what do you see?

I just hope people are as critical of Goff *when* he makes crappy throws or bad reads.
That would be the fair and objective thing to do. Regardless of whether or not he's a rookie.
Many have already responded to this X...He's a rookie...He gets slack...I can almost guarantee he'll outperform whats been taking place these last few weeks..
And it's like I thought. The ball got on him in a hurry and he just didn't have enough time to react to it and pull it in.
Exactly...timing...I've spoken of it...receivers & QBs...throwers & catchers...It's a certain anticipation...it's a knowledge of the speed & velocity that one delivers a ball. Keenum threw that pass with a lil more juice than normal...And it was necessary...But Kendricks didn't expect it, and was not looking at it all the way. And NO, he didn't close his eyes...He didn't watch it all the way into his hands. Some have said the sunlight may have been in his eyes..

The Kendricks drop was horrible... now I don't expect the coaches to get up there and publicly demean him.

However the idea "that the ball got on him too quick" is horseshit. I want back on my DVR and watched it a few times.

He literally closes his eyes when the ball gets there after focusing on it for 1-2 seconds.
Naw...his eyes do not follow the ball into his hands...which is why the ball probably hits his chest and bounces off...

No matter, bad drop...but again drops happen.

Football is a game were, despite what is going on, the bad, the ugly...all of it. When you get an opportunity, Like drives...you gotta extend them..Like receivers breaking open free, you gotta capitalize. We've missed deep throws 5 straight weeks of play...3rd down conversions...instead of settling for fgs...we need to extend these drives...poor 4th down execution...

We lost this game on offense...again...we need to try something/someone NEW. It's time. Even if Fish doesn't see it...We need to find a spark. Perhaps it's #16? We'll never know until he's out there..Hell, try #14....something. Batted passes, late throws, missed throws, drops...running into sacks...try something.

I heard on the postgame show, Keenum said he was playing angry. I thought he looked pressed the early part of the game...when we could have taken control...He's got to understand, LA is like that...Unless your are doing something great, they'll wanna see whatever Goff has to offer...and boo any negative play by the QB. He played terrible yesterday. Worse than any other player on offense...Just a fact.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the biggest problem Fish has with this team is his accountability, or lack thereof, with the offense.

Look at the defense. First off he and Williams have zero problems throwing the kids in there and coaching them up in real time. They also will sit guys who continue to make dumb mistakes. That's accountability, and even this year we saw it with Hill playing over the FA they brought in (Sensabaugh), who is much more talented than Hill in pure athletic measurables.

The offense is a different deal though. Fish wears the kid gloves with them, he makes excuses for their play, and continues to give snaps to guys who make dumb mistakes. Good example last game is Roger Saffold, who is out there playing like a guy who doesn't want to get hurt. He is a shadow of what he was in his contract season, and now looks like a guy who is fat and happy and just cruising along without a care in the world, even when guys are blowing by him to sack Case. I mean, he's got a contract running through two more seasons, why would he be concerned.

Accountability. That's how he should be concerned. His @$$ should be on the bench next week. But that won't happen because he's not a defensive player.

ram007

Starter
The Fisher way and Meh seem synonymous.

Well, in my opinion, the Fisher way is much worse.

Defense has been playing good for last 5 seasons more or less. That's a winning feeling in Fisher land. Win-Loss record is only for fans. Their metrics and standards are different.