Jeff Fisher is expected back as Rams coach next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, you flush a staff and start over because they have 5 losing seasons in 5 years with the team.

Which was stupid. I have never thought highly of Mannion, but they should have played him last year.

Then let's give him a better coaching staff.

You can appeal to authority. I can look at Fisher's history and see that he has screwed this up multiple times in the past. He's screwing it up again this year. Unfortunately, our owner doesn't have the balls to step in and do something about it.

They've had 5 years to produce a winning season. They've failed. Time for Fisher to go bye-bye.

Fact is they had a chance to see what the team could do with a franchise QB; Fisher chose to play a veteran journeyman instead. He gets to suffer the consequences of his foolish choice.
You know @jrry32 you are never going to change my opinion either and calling me stupid because you don't agree with me is just being an asshole.

The piece of crap he inherited had to be completely rebuilt and you know it. You also know that it was impossible to do a complete rebuild with quality players in less than 4 years. Additionally you know that Bradford's injuries caused that timeline to take another hit.

So acting like a baby who isn't getting their way, spinning your logic to back you opinion and calling other posters stupid because you don't agree is just unacceptable.

There might still be room on the Jags bandwagon.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No you flush them for not building a winning team. Its going on 5 years now.
And who says they have to start over? The roster has plenty of talent, doesn't need to be gutted
McCarthy didn't have to start over in Green Bay, Harbaugh didn't have to start over in Baltimore etc
You are conveniently forgetting how bad this team was and the hit that Bradford's injuries made on the rebuild timeline. You expected the rebuild to happen in 3 years? 4 years? Who was the QB you expected to lead this team in years 2-5? How many quality 1st team players did you expect to get drafted in years 1-4? How many quality FAs did you expect to come to the Rams before they started winning?

Instead of calling for the head of the guy rebuilding this garbage you need to re-evaluate your expectations. The NFL is not a Madden game where you get to pick whichever players you want for your team.

Reality

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
You know @jrry32 you are never going to change my opinion either and calling me stupid because you don't agree with me is just being an icehole.

The piece of crap he inherited had to be completely rebuilt and you know it. You also know that it was impossible to do a complete rebuild with quality players in less than 4 years. Additionally you know that Bradford's injuries caused that timeline to take another hit.

So acting like a baby who isn't getting their way, spinning your logic to back you opinion and calling other posters stupid because you don't agree is just unacceptable.

There might still be room on the Jags bandwagon.

Actually you may want to reread what he wrote, it looks like he was saying not playing Manion was stupid and that he agreed that should have been done....though it also reads he wouldn't have expected great results from it. I don't think that it reads as calling you stupid....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are conveniently forgetting how bad this team was and the hit that Bradford's injuries made on the rebuild timeline. You expected the rebuild to happen in 3 years? 4 years? Who was the QB you expected to lead this team in years 2-5? How many quality 1st team players did you expect to get drafted in years 1-4? How many quality FAs did you expect to come to the Rams before they started winning?

Instead of calling for the head of the guy rebuilding this garbage you need to re-evaluate your expectations. The NFL is not a Madden game where you get to pick whichever players you want for your team.

Reality
There's a little thing you are conveniently forgetting, its called History
No other coach has survived 3 consecutive seasons of losing, much less 5.
He inherited a team that went 7-9 2 years before he arrived
And that's the best he can do here
There are many examples of teams as bad, if not worse who turned it around
Do some research, acting like the calling for Fisher head is some sort of lack of patience after 5 years is just plain ignorant

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Reality

Reality is we are in a perpetual rebuild mode under Fisher and Snead.

We are in year 5 of year 1 of the rebuild.

5 years straight as the youngest team in the league - that's what i see as the reason for inconsistency on all sides of the ball every week. You can't expect this team to win the Super Bowl anytime soon - the youngest team to win it all, the Patriots won with an average age of 25.5 -- our roster averages 25 years old. We know the Rams organization wants to model themselves after the Patroits but seriously.... This team needs a tradition of winning before you can legitimately pull a Belicheat and cast off your best players when they come up for a contract. (We miss you Janoris)

I don't see how this team will ever be more than a 7-win team with the youngest roster in the league year in and year out. I don't see how we can do this again next year, but we will

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You know @jrry32 you are never going to change my opinion either and calling me stupid because you don't agree with me is just being an icehole.
Let me jump in if I can...his statement
Which was stupid. I have never thought highly of Mannion, but they should have played him last year.
was regarding the Rams decision to NOT PLAY Mannion some last year...He thought that was a stupid decision...not you bart.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Which is ignoring the fact that Carroll could have easily left Wilson on the bench and started his "veteran QB" (that the team paid a ton of money for in FA)
Only reason why Carroll has his franchise QB and Fisher doesn't is because Carroll PLAYED his rookie QB

How is that ignoring that fact? How many times do I have to say that fisher probably made a poor decision in sitting Goff for this amount of time. It doesn't change the fact the Goff is still on the team and will eventually become our starter. Carroll decided to play Wilson (who outplayed Flynn by the way) while fisher decided to take his time with Goff (who didn't look so good)

If Fisher returns and Goff starts and we go on to be perennial winners does it really matter if Goff sat on the bench his first year? Will fisher still be incompetent and be called a horrible coach?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Reality is we are in a perpetual rebuild mode under Fisher and Snead.

We are in year 5 of year 1 of the rebuild.

5 years straight as the youngest team in the league - that's what i see as the reason for inconsistency on all sides of the ball every week. You can't expect this team to win the Super Bowl anytime soon - the youngest team to win it all, the Patriots won with an average age of 25.5 -- our roster averages 25 years old. We know the Rams organization wants to model themselves after the Patroits but seriously.... This team needs a tradition of winning before you can legitimately pull a Belicheat and cast off your best players when they come up for a contract. (We miss you Janoris)

I don't see how this team will ever be more than a 7-win team with the youngest roster in the league year in and year out. I don't see how we can do this again next year, but we will

The reason we have been the youngest in the league is because we are building through the draft not free agency. I don't expect us to be the youngest next year. Our players are starting to mature and a lot of our players are still on their first contract. We are starting to sign our draftees to second contracts (brockers, tavon / soon we should extend olgetree, Donald, trumaine, etc.)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There's a little thing you are conveniently forgetting, its called History
No other coach has survived 3 consecutive seasons of losing, much less 5.
He inherited a team that went 7-9 2 years before he arrived
And that's the best he can do here
There are many examples of teams as bad, if not worse who turned it around
Do some research, acting like the calling for Fisher head is some sort of lack of patience after 5 years is just plain ignorant
History has nothing to do with what Kronke is doing with this team. This team was historically bad fixing it was going to take a historically different approach.

ram007

Starter
Fans here are ridiculous. Just pay Rams with your money and time, accept a losing season after losing season in name of rebuild and move on. how difficult is it? how dare you ask for some success?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is that ignoring that fact? How many times do I have to say that fisher probably made a poor decision in sitting Goff for this amount of time. It doesn't change the fact the Goff is still on the team and will eventually become our starter. Carroll decided to play Wilson (who outplayed Flynn by the way) while fisher decided to take his time with Goff (who didn't look so good)

If Fisher returns and Goff starts and we go on to be perennial winners does it really matter if Goff sat on the bench his first year? Will fisher still be incompetent and be called a horrible coach?
You're saying that the only reason Carroll isn't 7-9 with that team is because of Wilson, so it was Carroll decision to start the rookie which has benefitted his team. Fisher refuses to start Goff, so he is hurting the team.
I don't know how to answer the last part as I see no reason Fisher would get a year with Goff, I cant see how he comes back next year. I wouldn't bring him back after 5 losing seasons in a row

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
History has nothing to do with what Kronke is doing with this team. This team was historically bad fixing it was going to take a historically different approach.
History has everything to do with the fact that coaches don't get more than 3 losing seasons and Fisher is going on 5
The idea that he somehow inherited a team so bad that he would get all this additional time is ludicrous
They were 7-8-1 in his first season. And have gotten worse (record wise) every year since.
No way a coach that has 5 straight losing seasons should keep his job.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
You're saying that the only reason Carroll isn't 7-9 with that team is because of Wilson, so it was Carroll decision to start the rookie which has benefitted his team. Fisher refuses to start Goff, so he is hurting the team.
I don't know how to answer the last part as I see no reason Fisher would get a year with Goff, I cant see how he comes back next year. I wouldn't bring him back after 5 losing seasons in a row
You are obviously not getting my point so I will stop here and say good day to you sir.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
?????

Asked this earlier of someone else. How fast did you expect a rebuild of a 15-65 team to happen? Even discounting the injuries to Bradford?
That's the part you aren't getting. The team was 15-65 because it had a terrible coach. Even he got them to 7-9. And Fisher got them to 7-8-1 in his first year.
So he inherited a 7 win team
And that's all he's produced
Sure he changes the players, has brought the talent level up from when he started.
Still? 7 wins....
That's failure

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's the part you aren't getting. The team was 15-65 because it had a terrible coach. Even he got them to 7-9. And Fisher got them to 7-8-1 in his first year.
So he inherited a 7 win team
And that's all he's produced
Sure he changes the players, has brought the talent level up from when he started.
Still? 7 wins....
That's failure
OK sure let's go with that, they really weren't THAT bad.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Eventually saying he had a bad team stops mattering when you're this deep into his tenure. It's been a half a decade since Spags left and it's reflected by the fact that there's only one or two remnants of his time here left. More than 95% of this team is Fisher's. Them still failing is his fault alone. These are his choices, his decisions and his talent, nobody else's.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The reason we have been the youngest in the league is because we are building through the draft not free agency. I don't expect us to be the youngest next year. Our players are starting to mature and a lot of our players are still on their first contract. We are starting to sign our draftees to second contracts (brockers, tavon / soon we should extend olgetree, Donald, trumaine, etc.)

Janoris Jenkins disagrees

Status
Not open for further replies.