Jeff Fisher is expected back as Rams coach next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I won't believe this until the season ends. But if true, count me out for next season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not true....well, I don't THINK this could be true....Fisher looks too nervous on the sidelines...

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Why? What a joke. He's literally done nothing to earn another year. I mean for the love of God he's failed to even get to .500 in a single season during his 5 years as HC(unless they go on a major winning streak this year).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe that if Fisher is anything less than 9-7, at the end of the year, he won't and shouldn't be back! It's that simple!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Not surprised at all if it happens but this article is basically based off of Fisher saying "I don't waste time thinking about it". Paraphrasing of course. Nothing really to read here.

ram007

Starter
The art of self preservation By Jeff Fisher, Head Coach Alaska Rams, in stands 2031.

Reserve your copy today!

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Good lord I hope this is no true!! Complete insult to the fan base. Cant wait for another "3 yards and a pile of dust" season in 2017!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Guarantee that Kroenke has a much higher opinion of Fisher than anyone here. He's made that clear.

Even so, Fisher getting a sixth crack at the piñata after five misses is almost without precedent. You have to go back to the days of Landry and Noll when coaches had that much rope.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This article really says nothing other than "expectations remain." There is not even a sliver of supporting evidence or corroboration.

I don't know what's going to happen one way or the other, but I wouldn't let this article change my thinking on the issue in any way. It's just fluff.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Well the headline of that article reads: "Rams' Jeff Fisher is currently expected back at head coach next season"

Emphasis on "currently", as in to say 'this isn't etched in stone'. Or, in other words, the Rams "currently" have 5 losses -- I'll bet that seat gets a lot hotter if the Rams lose 7 or more for the season.

And there's also this tidbit giving Fisher a conditional vote of confidence:
Expectation remains that Fisher (and Snead) are back in 2017, but nothing official, or promised, until season's end. https://t.co/TmU1TBDLLt

— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) November 8, 2016

This isn't a mortal lock, by any means.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
It's the Rams, so Fisher coming back after this season wouldn't be that surprising. I would be more shocked when Fisher is actually fired.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
To think that we could have had Hunter Henry, the good Michael Thomas, Dak Prescott all in one draft along with keeping our first round pick next year.... Instead we have Fisher, Snead and his inept coaching staff who doesn't know how to develop an air raid QB...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My take -

Pretty sure SK was involved in the Goff selection, as in making a big splash, or whatever you want to call it.
He also wants a good, competitive team to open up his new stadium.

Fisher told him, "OK, then we need to go get a franchise QB - we all think Goff's the guy, but he needs a lot of work, and has to sit at least a year"
Which means we go with Keenum, and will most likely suck again this year. Which also means we, (and especially me) are going to get crucified by fans and writers for letting Goff sit on the bench.
(Aside - this is before the Wentz - Prescott phenomena).

Fish then said -"So...I'm aware that my 7-9 bullshit is getting old, but if I agree to this, we're gonna' have to give up a lot, and I know my contract's up this year, and haven't proven I deserve an extension, but you're going to have to give me at least one year with Goff, and based on what you see, we can talk about an extension after the 2017 season, at which time it will be clear if I've been handcuffed by not having a decent QB, or if I simply suck as a coach. I might also be willing to revisit my offensive philosophy, and listen to suggestions for Offensive coaches".

Or words to that effect.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm more than fine with that. Goff sits, which he needs to, Fish gets his shot, and if he still blows, SK gets a year of acclimating the team to new coaching/management before unveiling his team/palace in 2019. And, THIS IS NOT EXCUSING FISHER IN ANY WAY!!!!, but the team HAS had a lot of distractions/excessive travel this season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much goodwill has Fisher accumulated with Kroenke for coordinating the move?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll still watch every game , but my faith in Fisher was lost two years ago . This year just confirms it .

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Just last week there was multiple reports that Fisher was on the hot seat and had about a month to turn it around or else....

Sucks that so many of you are going to give up on the team just because of the coach. What about all the players we've been watching for years ? No connection to them ? I know I can't stop. Win or lose, Rams fan forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.