Jeff Fisher is expected back as Rams coach next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yeah and if you had read my previous posts you would have known that I mentioned bill belichicks pats were probably the only exception.

I know but do you have any ideas as to why Bilicheat can win with any QB?

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Because he is one of, if not, the all time best head coaches :puke:? Tell me, how many Belichicks you think there are in the NFL right now?
Well, there is only one of him but there are many just under him in skill and success. Fisher is not in that group.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
What's Stan waiting for? The new stadium? It's never been more apparent we need a new HC

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
also the cowgirls are 7 and1 with a rookie qb
Keenum would probably be that good with that team too. Their offensive line makes our look like and average public high school team

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Well, there is only one of him but there are many just under him in skill and success. Fisher is not in that group.
Name them and take away their starting QB. Then ask yourself if they would have a winning record.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Lets just go by team.
Dallas
Denver
Kansas city
Philadelphia
Minnesota
To name a few.

Don't know how they will end up but more than likely better than the Rams.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Lets just go by team.
Dallas
Denver
Kansas city
Philadelphia
Minnesota
To name a few.

Don't know how they will end up but more than likely better than the Rams.

Dallas - Nice to have Dak and Romo on the same team eh? Garrett went 8-8 3 years straight before putting it together in 2014 where he went 12-4 With Romo starting 15 games. In 2015, when Romo was hurt for 12 1/2 games, they fell apart and went 4-12.

Denver - Kubiak had 2 good years in Houston were he was able to get a few good years out of Schaub. He went 12-4 in 2012. It all fell apart in 2013 when he went 2-11 and 3 different QBs saw action that year. Now in Denver, last year Kubiak rode a dominant defense built by wade Philips and John Fox all the way to Superbowl 50. Denver is 6-3 and still riding that D (lol). The jury is still out on Siemian, but take him away and you have Paxton Lynch who lost his first start this season. Let's see if Denver sustains its success.

Kansas City - Now Andy Reid I like. He always seems to put a good team together. Only problem with him is that he can't seem to win in the post season. Anyway, lets take away Alex Smith. He has Nick Foles and we all know the outcome to that story.

Philadelphia - Can't say much for a rookie head coach. He has his team at 4-4. Take away Carson Wentz and he has Chase Daniels. Enough said.

Minnesota - A great example of a team that has good talent in most positions, O-line being their weakest. They were so desperate when Teddy went down that they traded a 1st for Bradford. Zimmer has his club at 5-3 losing 3 straight. Take away Bradford and you have Shaun Hill who would most likely do worse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never said they became franchise QBs because they sat on the bench, I never brought up having a viable option, I never said recent QBs, 1st round QBs, or QBs who's team traded the farm for. All I said was There are examples of rookie QBs who sat for some games or a year and developed to be Franchise QBs

So basically, you said nothing....
Some make it, some don't
giphy.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can hand off as well as Dak can
But can he pass as well?
Dak has thrown for more yardage on less passes and has accounted for 16 td and only 2 INT

Now I totally agree that Dallas O-line is the best in the business, its not even close. But the reality is that with a great o-line and great RB in the past, Dallas only has won more than 8 games 1 time in the previous 6 years with Romo
As much as I hate the cowboys, I hate to admit that they may have found the next diamond in the rough
:puke:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles was a mistake. So we drafted Goff...and then Fisher promptly made no effort to get him up to speed for Week 1 and chose to start Keenum until he gets us eliminated from playoff contention. That's unforgivable. He made the same exact mistake, except he actually has a #1 overall QB on the team right. But he still continues to do what he always does.

That says enough for me. Fisher isn't going to change. These aren't mistakes. They're simply Fisher's flaws as a coach showing.

I ignored your questions because they weren't relevant. Fisher didn't lose his starting QB. He had his starting QB in 2015. He has his starting QB in 2016. He's still losing. The lack of a top QB on this team falls directly on Fisher's shoulders. He's been here for 5 years. He actually brought in a guy who could be a top QB, but he refuses to play that guy.

Instead, he starts a limited backup caliber QB over him. Why? My opinion is that he is doing it out of self-preservation. He knows that he has no excuse if he plays Goff and loses. He can use Goff as a bargaining chip if he doesn't play him this year until we're out of the playoff hunt. Why? Because one of two things happens:
1. Goff plays well and wins which allows Fisher to claim that he should be brought back because we'll win with Goff in 2017 and we shouldn't hurt Goff's development by bringing in a new staff; or
2. Goff struggles and Fisher gets to claim he was right to bench Goff.
This is a move that isn't for the benefit of the Rams. It's for the benefit of Jeff Fisher.

Fisher's stubbornness is incompetence. He's hurting the team by taking the course of action he has. That is incompetence as a Head Coach.

Which comes right back to the same issue from before. There's only two options here:
1. We have tremendous talent, and Fisher is underachieving by only winning 6-7 games a year; or
2. We don't have tremendous talent.

Teams with tremendous talent don't lose more games than they win unless their coach is incompetent. You can't insist that Fisher is good at his job and has tremendous talent when this team can't put together a winning season. That reasoning doesn't hold up.
Such a great post, it says it all.
Instead of arguing anymore, I'm just going to reference this post

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Such a great post, it says it all.
Instead of arguing anymore, I'm just going to reference this post
It's another opinion essay and there are lots of opinions of HCJF.....its not a truth

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's another opinion essay and there are lots of opinions of HCJF.....its not a truth
No the truths are hard to stomach. That's why we stick to opinions.
Fisher and his qb decision defy all common logic and @jrry32 explanation makes the most sense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's amazing how ignorant you are. Momma always told me not to feed the trolls. Better take her advice.
Alright... this ain't going to fly. MAKE IT ABOUT THE POST NOT THE POSTER! That is fundamental rule number one here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This thread was a tired subject to begin with and it is only getting more tired. I think everyone has had enough back and forth so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.