Jay Gruden fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Jay and I used to sit next to each other watching our sons during their HS football practices. He really thought a lot of himself... but he did teach me some things about the offensive side of the ball when he wasn't talking about himself.

Too bad for him that his teams have actually been offensive to watch lately.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough year for Jay....Did the best he could considering that organization is tough to win in, Daniel Snyder meddles and Bruce Allen should have been put out to pasture years ago.

I'm assuming Bill Callahan or OC Kevin O'Connell will get the nod as interim HC and IMO former Packer HC Mike McCarthy could be in play, however, Snyder will have to give McCarthy some power.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do we hire him?

I think it's possible all depending on how the season plays out. Now some will think he will be an automatic hire in Oakland/Vegas, but if McVay was going to give up the play calling (which I don't think he will) I'm sure Jay Gruden would be on his short list.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it's possible all depending on how the season plays out. Now some will think he will be an automatic hire in Oakland/Vegas, but if McVay was going to give up the play calling (which I don't think he will) I'm sure Jay Gruden would be on his short list.

Great question. Should McVay give up the play calling eventually? There’s gotta be pros and cons to it.

Did Bill Walsh ever give up playing calling to an OC?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are that den-the-coach is under serious consideration for the job in DC. But can owner Dan Snyder promise 70 degree weather in February? Time will tell ~Schefty

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That team had injury after injury. Too bad.

That team has Dan Snyder as an owner, which is the biggest injury of all.

As Raylan Givens once said, "If you meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If you meet assholes all day, you're the asshole."

We're looking at you, Danny Boy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to see McVay bring him in. Cannot have enough good coaches.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Callahan replaces the other Gruden now. Lots of reports that he’s the antithesis of McVay. No focus in practices and a lack of detail.

Last edited:

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Big bro will hire him in some capacity. Yes, nepotism does exist in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Callahan replaces the other Gruden now. Lots of reports that he’s the antithesis of McVay. No focus in practices and a lack of detail.
If I'm McVay I'd hire him and have him running QA analysis of my offense for tells, tendencies, etc. IMO teams are anticipating too many of McVay's route combinations and he needs to change it up.

Also I'd have him drawing up new stuff in conjunction with the above, refining things, etc. Schematic type of role.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
maybe im naive or whatever but i still think hes a great coach. just had terrible luck with injuries and pretty shit rosters thanks to a crappy gm