Jared Goff sits, while Carson Wentz stars: What gives?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Did I read a different article to others on here?

From the headline and the fact that it's an ESPN article, I was expecting it to be a rehashing of the overly simplistic view that goes something like:

#1 overall pick not playing straightaway therefore he's a bust.

What I actually read was by no means new but it was an article that makes perfect sense and actually says that the Rams aren't doing anything "wrong" and that the Goff and Wentz situations are not comparable.

Agree with you. I thought it was a good article.

The interesting part to me was that it highlighted changes in what was called an "under construction offense" which Keenum admits he is still mastering, changed protections, concepts and hot routes. This makes sense to me. It's an indication that Groh has in fact brought new stuff to the table in the passing game which is still coming together. The Rams have not talked about this much, but we are now seeing it in the last couple of games. This may also have explained Keenum's lag time and missing open receivers in game 1. It's not just because it's the same bad passing game from last year; it's because it's different and the team is still getting used to it, including Keenum who has admittedly missed open reads.

Keenum right now may simply be better at facilitating the progress of the O as a whole. Put differently, so far it may have been too early to add a rookie to the mix in bringing a revamped O up to speed. This puts a greater premium on the experience of the qb. This may hopefully change soon if we see continued progress in the passing game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Did I read a different article to others on here?

From the headline and the fact that it's an ESPN article, I was expecting it to be a rehashing of the overly simplistic view that goes something like:

#1 overall pick not playing straightaway therefore he's a bust.

What I actually read was by no means new but it was an article that makes perfect sense and actually says that the Rams aren't doing anything "wrong" and that the Goff and Wentz situations are not comparable.
No, I got all that.
It's just the timing of it. This has been hashed and rehashed a thousand times already with everyone having already weighed in on it.
But I guess that doesn't preclude him from giving his opinion also.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The main exporter of Brazil nuts is Boliva, and not Brazil.
What gives?

New York steak is a specific cut of meat, but it's not exclusively from New York.
What gives?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has this guy been living under a rock?
Or is he just running out of ideas?

He was just stating the obvious for his audience. Let's face it, most of the people who go to espn probably have no idea about the Rams or football in general.