Jared Goff comes in at #38 in the top 100.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO he did that's why Wood and Kupp caught so many balls. If you meant fastest then sure but Sammy wasn't his best or it seemed a lot of the time most prepared WR. That may change this year with Cooks but you could tell Goff trusted Woods and Kupp to be where they were supposed to be and to fight for the ball if needed.

Yeah i was thinking of cooks when i said premier wr.

But Sammy did beat his man a few times. Each time it would have been an easy long range td if Goff threw it his way and connected.

I'm betting Goff will be trusting cooks and we will see many long bombs go his way.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
28tds 7int in 15 games ! Oh and its only his first season in an nfl offense

I'm not sure how anyone could think this was too high for him . Jared is a stud and will only keep climbing this list.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's too high because despite his production, he's still a little raw and it's shown when he had at least four clutch opportunities last season that I can think of off the top of my head (Seattle, Washington, Philly, Atlanta) where he came up short.

I won't argue Washington and Philly, but he made the throws against Seattle and Atlanta.

…..

Legend
this is voted by the players why would we debate how high he "deserves" to be or not?

Goff is not the 38th best player in the league. He has earned the 38th most respect from his peers.

I'm pretty impressed. He's a long way from that aloof rookie we saw on Hard Knocks and his friends and foes think so as well.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
28tds 7int in 15 games ! Oh and its only his first season in an nfl offense

I'm not sure how anyone could think this was too high for him . Jared is a stud and will only keep climbing this list.
Jared only got better as the season went on too. His numbers after the bye are pretty eye popping.
163/255
63%
19 TDs
3 INT
2085 yards

Over a full season thats:
326/510
63%
38 TDs
6 INTs
4,170 yards

Those are elite numbers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it's too high because despite his production, he's still a little raw and it's shown when he had at least four clutch opportunities last season that I can think of off the top of my head (Seattle, Washington, Philly, Atlanta) where he came up short. I don't know what the rest of the list will look like but I can't honestly say he's that much better than Cousins at 94 or Carr at 60 at this point in time. Just my unbiased opinion.

If you want me to insert bias, then I think he's going to be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years behind a finely tuned McVay machine en-route to an elongated dynasty. But then again, I thought Sammy B was going to be the next Brady, hence the guarded optimism.

Case Keenum at 51 ?

Foles winning the Super Bowl ?

How bad was Jeff Fisher ?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
this is voted by the players why would we debate how high he "deserves" to be or not?

Goff is not the 38th best player in the league. He has earned the 38th most respect from his peers.

I'm pretty impressed. He's a long way from that aloof rookie we saw on Hard Knocks and his friends and foes think so as well.
Yeah. This list is always weird combination of reputation, hype, and momentum. Goff and the Rams could basically duplicate their 2017 performance and he could fall down to the end of the list next year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great respect from his peers....

and yeah, I'm actually shocked...I'm a lil like jjab360

Ram65

Legend
I didn't think he would be rated this high. I'm not crazy or infatuated with these lists either. It's nice way to pass the time away in the off season. I haven't been following the list either FWIW.

I think this year 2018 will define Goff a little better. I'm critical of Goff at times in my own mind. Then I rewatched games or some highlights and say wow that was a great throw on third and long. Goff made a lot of great throws this year but, also had some missed opportunities. I'll take the #38 rating and want to see that little extra improvement this year that takes him to the next level.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Case Keenum at 51 ?

Foles winning the Super Bowl ?

How bad was Jeff Fisher ?
It all started with his indecisiveness and ultimate inability to hire a competent offensive coordinator. And I guess that stemmed from his ego.. It seemed from the outside looking in that he didn't want to coach the offense but at the same time, he didn't want to hand the reins over to someone he wouldn't have complete control over like in-over-his-head Rob Boras. Crazy that the string of ineptitude that followed made even Brian Schottenheimer look competent in comparison. All's well that ends well, though!

And just to be clear I absolutely believe in Goff and his ability, I just recognize that he still has a ton of room to grow and am also surprised a bit at how quickly public perception has done a complete 180 on him.

It's like last year everyone was calling him a bust and of course I think it's way too early, and now people want to crown him and I think it's a bit too early in the other direction. I'm just going to let it play out and have realistic expectations, can't take the whiplash of getting burnt all over again.

jjab360

Legend
Jared only got better as the season went on too. His numbers after the bye are pretty eye popping.
163/255
63%
19 TDs
3 INT
2085 yards

Over a full season thats:
326/510
63%
38 TDs
6 INTs
4,170 yards

Those are elite numbers.
No doubt, the entire offense only got better as the year went on. And with an entire offseason under their belt and almost 100% retention with the addition of Cooks, excited to see how much better they can get. Crazy thing to say for the no.1 scoring offense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It all started with his indecisiveness and ultimate inability to hire a competent offensive coordinator.
Yeah, his decision-making with regard to OCs got more and more bizarre. Hand the reins over to someone who'd never done it before? And expect decent results? Nah, he relied WAY too heavily on his defense to keep the score in baseball range. Looking back, it was like he was the cool kid who had a football team and invited his friends over to play with it.

Fisher: "Wanna be an offensive coordinator?"
Boras:

oh-boy.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think it's too high because despite his production, he's still a little raw and it's shown when he had at least four clutch opportunities last season that I can think of off the top of my head (Seattle, Washington, Philly, Atlanta) where he came up short. I don't know what the rest of the list will look like but I can't honestly say he's that much better than Cousins at 94 or Carr at 60 at this point in time. Just my unbiased opinion.

If you want me to insert bias, then I think he's going to be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years behind a finely tuned McVay machine en-route to an elongated dynasty. But then again, I thought Sammy B was going to be the next Brady, hence the guarded optimism.
I don't put much stock in these lists, but they can be fun to debate and discuss. I am kinda surprised Goff landed this high on the list, just because I had a feeling he had not earned that much respect from his peers....yet, but I am happy to see that the players that faced him on the field voted him this high. I don't disagree with your statements however. I think Goff knows that he needs to be better in clutch time, and I think he will be as he grows in the offense and as a man.

Also, I believe Goff will wear a C on his jersey this year, and I think he is the type of guy that will take that seriously and do his best to earn it every week on the field. Gotta remember how young he was when we drafted him. He already seems a LOT more mature to me. He may seem goofy at times, but I think the kid has a cold blooded killer mentality and wants to win as bad as any player on the field. I expect to see a few late game heroics from him this season.

All of that said, I have like 3 Sammy B jerseys hanging in my closet, so I get the trepidation, haha. BTW, anyone want these Sammy jerseys???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I only blame Jeff Fisher for hiring the worst offensive coordinators and QB coaches

In hindsight you might be correct.When you have a 9-7 team & can’t go .500 your a loser!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bad is an understatement when you describe Jeff Fisher's management on offense.

Well lack of might be the word!! Even when he was up he’d put the offense in a shell. The last Miami Dolphins game was a perfect example.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It all started with his indecisiveness and ultimate inability to hire a competent offensive coordinator. And I guess that stemmed from his ego.. It seemed from the outside looking in that he didn't want to coach the offense but at the same time, he didn't want to hand the reins over to someone he wouldn't have complete control over like in-over-his-head Rob Boras. Crazy that the string of ineptitude that followed made even Brian Schottenheimer look competent in comparison. All's well that ends well, though!

And just to be clear I absolutely believe in Goff and his ability, I just recognize that he still has a ton of room to grow and am also surprised a bit at how quickly public perception has done a complete 180 on him.

It's like last year everyone was calling him a bust and of course I think it's way too early, and now people want to crown him and I think it's a bit too early in the other direction. I'm just going to let it play out and have realistic expectations, can't take the whiplash of getting burnt all over again.

I think it all starts up front. Andrew Whitworth May have been the mvp last season. Not just as a player,but as a mentor.He already is taking the role to another level this year. McVay is younger than Whit & was calling him coach last season.

I have my idea on Fisher,but could have been just allergies? Winter it seemed to get worse though.His ego is still huge.Would never do his mini camp which still blows my mind.His work week the last season or 2 was really weird, & tough on his coaches.

A big difference this season will be minus Tavon!! Plus Cooks vs Watkins. You see Goff just get into great rhythms.Snead loved the fact of how young Goff was when drafted,so his upside would be off the charts.

Right now you can start to see Jared Goff feeling real comfortable in the pocket & everyone moving together.

McVay just said though that developing his backup right now is huge.Trying to coach those guys up. He uses Nick Foles as an example.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I don't put much stock in these lists, but they can be fun to debate and discuss. I am kinda surprised Goff landed this high on the list, just because I had a feeling he had not earned that much respect from his peers....yet, but I am happy to see that the players that faced him on the field voted him this high. I don't disagree with your statements however. I think Goff knows that he needs to be better in clutch time, and I think he will be as he grows in the offense and as a man.

Also, I believe Goff will wear a C on his jersey this year, and I think he is the type of guy that will take that seriously and do his best to earn it every week on the field. Gotta remember how young he was when we drafted him. He already seems a LOT more mature to me. He may seem goofy at times, but I think the kid has a cold blooded killer mentality and wants to win as bad as any player on the field. I expect to see a few late game heroics from him this season.

All of that said, I have like 3 Sammy B jerseys hanging in my closet, so I get the trepidation, haha. BTW, anyone want these Sammy jerseys???
Arizona fans perhaps, hurry tho before he goes down with injury. I'd sell to highest bidder before 3rd game!