Jared Goff comes in at #38 in the top 100.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have some catching up to do on the list, but 38 is a nice spot.

Top 20 here he comes!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
342328-mark-koepsell-quote-this-recognition-is-well-deserved.jpg

#
38_joss_200.gif
:yess:

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, very nice. Was looking at him around the midway mark just because of his age. So very nice indeed. Can't wait to see what he does this season.

Tano

Legend
Guess the players in the league are impressed with Goff after all.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Wow. Too high, but I'll take it.
Why do you think it's too high, was it because of what you heard some in the media saying? Please tell me you're not basing your opinion off of the Atlanta game cause dude, that was one game.

We're you not watching the Rams play last year? If you were, then obviously you and I were not seeing things in the same way.

If you watched Goff this last year you seen someone throwing on time, accurately and efficiently. You saw a guy who took charge, and kept the offense flowing smoothly.

So now explain why was it too high in your estimation. Oh, and besides that Atlanta game, tell me what he could have done better.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
tell me what he could have done better.

i'll chime in here.

there were times sammy had beat his man and only had green grass in front of him. i'm guessing the play design didn't include the ball going to sammy because goff didn't look his way as he just followed the play design and threw to the other open guy.

as he gains more experience he has to learn to just take a quick glance to his premier wr and see if he is open even when the ball isn't supposed to go to him. this year it will be cooks. i'm expecting the game to even slow down more for goff this season and he will be able to play what's in front of him instead of just following the script. take a glance and if he looks like he's gonna get open just let it rip to him for a td.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Didn’t think the players had the guts to actually give the kid his due

Bravo

Sigh

I suppose as a good neighbor i should check on Champ, poor guy is probably looking for the “Talahassee Bridge”

Name
George
Darius Butler said that last year was Goff 2.0 ... I disagree ... Last year was Goff 1.0 ... the year before was Fisher -1.0

Goff has physical abilities that hasn't been qualified yet, his arm length and the trampoline effect of his bone flexibility gives him the ability to throw mid to long range passes like nobody else can ...

When it comes to Goff ... you ain't seen nothing yet. (quote borrowed from BTO)

Goff will be something special

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Why do you think it's too high, was it because of what you heard some in the media saying? Please tell me you're not basing your opinion off of the Atlanta game cause dude, that was one game.

We're you not watching the Rams play last year? If you were, then obviously you and I were not seeing things in the same way.

If you watched Goff this last year you seen someone throwing on time, accurately and efficiently. You saw a guy who took charge, and kept the offense flowing smoothly.

So now explain why was it too high in your estimation. Oh, and besides that Atlanta game, tell me what he could have done better.
Haha I think you misinterpreted what he meant. I think he meant lower as in a better number.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Goff has physical abilities that hasn't been qualified yet, his arm length and the trampoline effect of his bone flexibility gives him the ability to throw mid to long range passes like nobody else can ...
Is that a real thing? I feel like science might not back up that claim.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
as he gains more experience he has to learn to just take a quick glance to his premier wr

IMO he did that's why Wood and Kupp caught so many balls. If you meant fastest then sure but Sammy wasn't his best or it seemed a lot of the time most prepared WR. That may change this year with Cooks but you could tell Goff trusted Woods and Kupp to be where they were supposed to be and to fight for the ball if needed.

Name
George
Is that a real thing? I feel like science might not back up that claim.

like I said ... it hasn't been qualified yet.

The same was said when aluminum baseball bats became popular in the 70's ... (science might not back up that claim) ... science finally figured it out. And the same was said about wooden bats ... the flexibility ... nobody believed me until slow motion cameras were able to actually capture it.

same scientific principal applies to the legs of punters and kickers ... it is not all muscle strength.

no flexibility fails ... too much flexible (wet noodle) fails too

arm speed, leverage, (often length helps) and the right amount of flexability

Mark my words ... (as long as Goff stays healthy) .... you ain't seen nothing yet ... Goff > Derek Carr

jjab360

Legend

I think it's too high because despite his production, he's still a little raw and it's shown when he had at least four clutch opportunities last season that I can think of off the top of my head (Seattle, Washington, Philly, Atlanta) where he came up short. I don't know what the rest of the list will look like but I can't honestly say he's that much better than Cousins at 94 or Carr at 60 at this point in time. Just my unbiased opinion.

If you want me to insert bias, then I think he's going to be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years behind a finely tuned McVay machine en-route to an elongated dynasty. But then again, I thought Sammy B was going to be the next Brady, hence the guarded optimism.