Jared Cook's salary might make him a cap cut/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Yes I agree but does anyone even know if there is even a comparable TE that the Rams will be in position to draft. They probably value other positions in the draft more. They could trade picks to move up for a QB. They need WRs and a DE and MLB. Right now Cook is one of the best weapons they have and it is risky to let rookie receivers ers be the focus of the defense, until you know they can handle it.

In the end Cook could be cut to free up money to sign other players. But with cap expansion that may not be necessary. Fisher may think he is too valuable even as a threat to cut. Plus his play improved as the season wore on.

I just don't think that cutting Cook is the lock that many fans believe it is.

Good points, but I actually think Kendricks can be almost as productive as Cook catching the ball and is a better blocker. Kendricks was drafted as a pass catching tight end originally and has become an adequate blocker. I think his pass catching, because of Cook became overlooked.

diggity

Rookie
Cook is a welcome cut. He was worthless to the O and to the team.
BYE BYE!
Those who thought he was a good receiver because he led the RAMS in receiving...whatever!
GO RAMS!!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cook is a welcome cut. He was worthless to the O and to the team.
BYE BYE!
Those who thought he was a good receiver because he led the RAMS in receiving...whatever!
GO RAMS!!!!!

As long as they can find more guys that can get open. His size/speed combination is not easy to replace.

diggity

Rookie
As long as they can find more guys that can get open. His size/speed combination is not easy to replace.

Size and speed was a HUGE plus. But, his talent and effort was far below what Fisher and Company thought it was.
Absolutely worthless to the RAMS!
GO RAMS!!!!!