Jamon Brown suspended 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Lets see exchange a 6-4 340 lbs seriously massive right OG for a 6-2 298 lbs dinky center ?:thinking: :notsure:
It shows you how much I need my ROD dollars.

Simple enough.
Blythe is next man up.
That's how it should be done.

And Blythe is 6' 3/300
Don't be ripping my man off.

It's pretty simple really.
Blythe has that Iowa offensive line coaching from OL Coach Farentz, so his technique, especially coming out of college, was probably overall better Jamon Brown.
That is why he has survived thus far at 300 lbs.
Plus he has starting experience.

Who do you see getting the start?

Ram65

Legend
This obviously is not good. Hope the rest stay healthy in camp. McVay will be even more conservative with the Vet offensive lineman's playing time and practice.

Disappointing obviously, but not a back breaker......Now it's time to see who steps up and will start in his place and I am assuming, it will be the first two games of the year.

Austin Blythe...Was first man up last season and played very solid without many hiccups at both Center & Guard, size is the only obstacle, however, some guys love to communicate "Size does not matter." And it always amuses me when guys say that.

Jamil Demby...Golden Opportunity for the rookie, Demby has great size and has had very good coaching, but major step from the University of Maine to the NFL, let's hope Demby is the best thing to come out of Maine since Stephen Edwin King.

Aaron Neary @So Ram has been posting about Neary looking very good in OTA's and mini camp, well, here is a chance to see if Neary has added more strength to handle the inside rush and being more stout at the point of attack, which he failed to provide in his first NFL start last season.

Cornelius Lucas....Lucas played really well at RT last year and if he makes the squad, playing RG should not be too difficult, add in at 6'9 with right tackle Havenstein at 6'7 and the right side would look quite imposing nonetheless.

Brian Allen could also be in the mix and last year's favorite Jake Eldrenkamp will also get a look.

Lucas would be very interesting but, I guess Blythe gets first shot. He could be up to 310 Lbs by now. The silver lining is that they all want the chance to play which will make them work even harder.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry dude, I have a serious emotional problem;

Watching our offensive line being put on the back burner and being built bass ackwards with a bunch of slobs and has beens has me overly defensive.

I would probably jump in front of a car for these guys I love them so much.

Our finally having a strong winning season was almost entirely made possible but those grunts in the ditch.

I respect the HELL out of the job they did!
I agree.
Amazingly fortunate with staying as healthy as they did last year.
Brown still had a fair amount of growth potential in his game too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It shows you how much I need my ROD dollars.

Simple enough.
Blythe is next man up.
That's how it should be done.

And Blythe is 6' 3/300
Don't be ripping my man off.

It's pretty simple really.
Blythe has that Iowa offensive line coaching from OL Coach Farentz, so his technique, especially coming out of college, was probably overall better Jamon Brown.
That is why he has survived thus far at 300 lbs.
Plus he has starting experience.

Who do you see getting the start?
I would not ever want to rip off your man Soul Surfer....he is a very good relief OC & LG.

Hate to say it but Austin Blythe is only 6-2 & his latest lbs in the mini camp weigh in was 298 lbs. Blythe got the nod @ LG in wk #17 but it is a different situation @ the right side/strong side stuff & would expect many other better prospects to rise to this occasion when the pre season concludes.

Kromer does have have a few standard regular size RG's with Jeremiah Kolone 6-3/316 & [URL='https://www.therams.com/team/players-roster/jamil-demby/']Jamil Demby 6-5/321 even Jake Eldrenkamp has put on some pounds up from 290 last season to 6-5/305. [/URL]

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I would not ever want to rip off your man Soul Surfer....he is a very good relief OC & LG.

Hate to say it but Austin Blythe is only 6-2 & his latest lbs in the mini camp weigh in was 298 lbs. Blythe got the nod @ LG in wk #17 but it is a different situation @ the right side/strong side stuff & would expect many other better prospects to rise to this occasion when the pre season concludes.

Kromer does have have a few standard regular size RG's with Jeremiah Kolone 6-3/316 & Jamil Demby 6-5/321 even Jake Eldrenkamp has put on some pounds up from 290 last season to 6-5/305.
I trust whoever Kromer wants to put in there will be the best man for the job.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You have to have size and technique to be a successful offensive lineman + experience.
Blythe might not have prototype size but he has technique and experience and I would think more trust from the coaches than the rookies

I still think he will get the nod but it will be interesting to find out.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of weed, there is a radio commercial that is pimping attending a seminar on how to grow your own weed and sell it. First, how to buy REO properties with no money down, now grow your own weed and relax on easy street.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Actually two games on a player that can *somewhat* be replaced?
This is almost good news when you consider all the other things that could happen in the offseason.
I'd guess that one terrible play by a replacement could change this assessment.

I personally think this is terrible news...anything can happen in 60+ plays in a real game....and to our QB.

nighttrain

Legend
Freak, it happened 18 months ago? Rack Him! But i so have faith in our backups for these two games
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
JR2u.gif

Ray Liotta is one of the best character actors of his time.

If he was better looking he would have been a leading role actor his entire career.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

I personally think this is terrible news...anything can happen in 60+ plays in a real game....and to our QB.
That's why they have to go with the player who has experience and has already proved himself there.
(Blythe).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Speaking of weed, there is a radio commercial that is pimping attending a seminar on how to grow your own weed and sell it. First, how to buy REO properties with no money down, now grow your own weed and relax on easy street.

Ron Popeil should be put in charge of that.

dang

Legend
A good team has to have solid backups. Brown is not lost to injury and will be fresh as a daisy starting game 3 - that is if his replacement doesn't prove to be a better full time replacement. Training camp and preseason will undoubtedly result in additional player dilemmas (injuries, suspensions, cuts, pickups). Lets just pray it wont affect one of our top players.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

I agree. This could just be the 1st domino if the oline depth doesn't hold up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ray Liotta is one of the best character actors of his time.

If he was better looking he would have been a leading role actor his entire career.
Man, I saw him on some commercial that's on, and he has a face now that can barely have expression anymore, due to plastic surgery. Just say freakin' NO to plastic surgery....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Jake Ellenbogan/Downtown Rams, I see this as an opportunity for a new guy to step in for a couple of games and shine. Noteboom or Denby could step in at RT and have Havenstein move inside. or vice versa.

If either were to prove to be as good as Jamon Brown, then Brown is the back up for the rest of the year. I don't hate Brown, but this is the consequence when you give another guy a shot by screwing up.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's why they have to go with the player who has experience and has already proved himself there.
(Blythe).
I'd go with the best performer/player...who's playing the best....experience is overrated at most positions. QB being one of them. If the cast around the player is solid, go with talent over experience.

Personally, I'd see if Hav can kick in to guard...and try Noteboom first at RT...if he's inadequate, I'd go with Demby or Kolone at RG. I'd also see if Edlekamp is ready to play. He was pretty good at UW.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see that you posted Champ, but I cannot read it.....Sorry man.