Jamon Brown suspended 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
JB said it was an “isolated mistake” from “”eighteen months ago.” Doesn’t sound like weed, based on that phrasing of an “isolated mistake.”

Shortly after that last Fisher season, maybe JB needed an escape...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939399/article/rams-ol-jamon-brown-suspended-two-games

Where does that say any of that in the article?
MVery misleading post!!

When exactly did it happen?

How long have The Rams known ?

Is there or was there a chance to appeal?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hate to see any starters getting suspensions but this is a minor one that can help as much as hurt. We'll be stronger because of it later.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where does that say any of that in the article?
MVery misleading post!!

When exactly did it happen?

How long have The Rams known ?

Is there or was there a chance to appeal?
Brown says exactly that in his Twitter post linked in the article. It was an isolated instance 18 months ago that he owned up to and apologized for.

fearsomefour

Legend
Brown says exactly that in his Twitter post linked in the article. It was an isolated instance 18 months ago that he owned up to and apologized for.
Makes the preseason competition that much more interesting.
Plenty of competition for his spot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Disappointing obviously, but not a back breaker......Now it's time to see who steps up and will start in his place and I am assuming, it will be the first two games of the year.

Austin Blythe...Was first man up last season and played very solid without many hiccups at both Center & Guard, size is the only obstacle, however, some guys love to communicate "Size does not matter." And it always amuses me when guys say that.

Jamil Demby...Golden Opportunity for the rookie, Demby has great size and has had very good coaching, but major step from the University of Maine to the NFL, let's hope Demby is the best thing to come out of Maine since Stephen Edwin King.

Aaron Neary @So Ram has been posting about Neary looking very good in OTA's and mini camp, well, here is a chance to see if Neary has added more strength to handle the inside rush and being more stout at the point of attack, which he failed to provide in his first NFL start last season.

Cornelius Lucas....Lucas played really well at RT last year and if he makes the squad, playing RG should not be too difficult, add in at 6'9 with right tackle Havenstein at 6'7 and the right side would look quite imposing nonetheless.

Brian Allen could also be in the mix and last year's favorite Jake Eldrenkamp will also get a look.

fearsomefour

Legend
Disappointing obviously, but not a back breaker......Now it's time to see who steps up and will start in his place and I am assuming, it will be the first two games of the year.

Austin Blythe...Was first man up last season and played very solid without many hiccups at both Center & Guard, size is the only obstacle, however, some guys love to communicate "Size does not matter." And it always amuses me when guys say that.

Jamil Demby...Golden Opportunity for the rookie, Demby has great size and has had very good coaching, but major step from the University of Maine to the NFL, let's hope Demby is the best thing to come out of Maine since Stephen Edwin King.

Aaron Neary @So Ram has been posting about Neary looking very good in OTA's and mini camp, well, here is a chance to see if Neary has added more strength to handle the inside rush and being more stout at the point of attack, which he failed to provide in his first NFL start last season.

Cornelius Lucas....Lucas played really well at RT last year and if he makes the squad, playing RG should not be too difficult, add in at 6'9 with right tackle Havenstein at 6'7 and the right side would look quite imposing nonetheless.

Brian Allen could also be in the mix and last year's favorite Jake Eldrenkamp will also get a look.
Blythe would have the inside track obviously.
I would think Eldrenkamp would a favorite of those that didn't watch his play last year.
Will be interested to see if he can make the cut this year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would think Eldrenkamp would a favorite of those that didn't watch his play last year.
Will be interested to see if he can make the cut this year.

Agreed Blythe totally outplayed him, however, when the Rams had some openings on the practice squad during the season, had a feeling they would bring EldgrenKamp back. IMO, with Demby & Allen along with Blythe, it makes the odds even more stacked against the former Huskie along with Neary as well.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Its kinda odd how recreational marijuana is legal in california... and non Doctor prescribed steroids are not, and yet wouldn't we all be less upset if his suspension was for performance enhancing drugs?
No. Steroids is cheating. Weed is not

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Makes the preseason competition that much more interesting.
Plenty of competition for his spot.
I really don't see it as a competition, just an opportunity for the young guys to get more first team snaps in real games, (and probably preseason games and Camp as well).

Make no mistake about it;
Jamon Brown is our starting Right Guard.

(IMO).

fearsomefour

Legend
I really don't see it as a competition, just an opportunity for the young guys to get more first team snaps in real games, (and probably preseason games and Camp as well).

Make no mistake about it;
Jamon Brown is our starting Right Guard.

(IMO).
Not what I meant.
It certainly is competition to start the first two games of the year.
After that Brown is back for sure.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Not what I meant.
It certainly is competition to start the first two games of the year.
After that Brown is back for sure.
Sorry dude, I have a serious emotional problem;

Watching our offensive line being put on the back burner and being built bass ackwards with a bunch of slobs and has beens has me overly defensive.

I would probably jump in front of a car for these guys I love them so much.

Our finally having a strong winning season was almost entirely made possible but those grunts in the ditch.

I respect the HELL out of the job they did!

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Damn two games for smoking weed!? At least JB didn't sexually assault a woman. Then he would have gotten three!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You can have all my ROD dollars if they don't go with Blythe.

There. You have it in writing. :D
Lets see exchange a 6-4 340 lbs seriously massive right OG for a 6-2 298 lbs dinky center ?:thinking: :notsure:

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Lets see exchange a 6-4 340 lbs seriously massive right OG for a 6-2 298 lbs dinky center ?:thinking: :notsure:
I'm 6'4" and 310 lbs player OG in high school several decades ago but can still bench press 400lbs. How about I fill in for Brown? :mrburnsevil:

Last edited: