James Jones Top 5 Wrs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
NO Cooper Kupp!! WOW!! WHAT NFL SEASON DID HE WATCH???
I don’t think a lot of these analysts and “experts” actually watch football objectively and analytically.

I think some believe they are above such “grunt-work”; while others are talking to casual fans who they believe will accept anything these “experts” say.

A good analyst/expert/inside-source is gold but most are useless talking heads in my opinion.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Good description @Flint.

I think being left off this list has more to do with his physical attributes than his race. He is not the absolute best at anything that can be measured other than his production last season.

A list like this is purely subjective and depends on what criteria you use to determine a top 5 WR.

Used to be Kupp could be taken out of a game but he has made himself into an unstoppable force. He would be my #1 for sure.
Kupp was always a terrific WR, even as a rookie.

But Stafford was a godsend for Kupp’s career. Stafford’s talent has removed the previous restrictions that kept Kupp from hitting his true ceiling.

There is a synergy between Stafford and Kupp that is undeniable. Each player makes it possible for the other to hit Max Q.

No disrespect for Goff intended but the evidence on the field speaks for itself.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There are literally zero reasons to leave Kupp off that list other than an unconscious bias.

Well, there's "conscious bias".

For instance: "I know Kupp is the best but I am an attention where and a masturclickbaiter, so I intentionally create a top 5 WR list just so I can leave Kupp off..."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
James Jones? More like Lame Jones.

What the absolute fuck is he thinking, not putting Kupp at the top?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
just dumb

train

I disagree that its dumb, in fact I think it's right on. If anyone thinks a human isn't biased, prejudice and or racist then they do not understand human nature at all.

I have read articles from other players who were both black and white who referenced Kupp's situation as an example. I myself thought Kupp was ranked lower in my own mind and realized it's because he didn't fit the mold of a great WR due to skin color.....(in my mind). It happens all of the time with things in life.

Flint

Pro Bowler
This is really interesting, there has to be more involved than we’re hearing. Devante had one of the greatest qbs ever throwing to him so it can’t be that Stafford was propping Kupp up. it’s hard to believe a guy who played the position can ignore what Kupp is doing.
There are characteristics assigned a to receivers that have racial overtones for sure, and there is kind of a backlash against white receivers by some. I think that some people resented the way guys like Welker and Amendola were lavishly praised for their toughness and intelligence, the unspoken implication being that other players are relying on natural athletic gifts. A lot of people felt like Welker was a product of the NE system and Brady’s greatness and that he couldn’t be successful outside the numbers. I think some people assume Kupp is the same type of player, a guy who spends his time running 7 yd choice routes and smoke screens. But it’s whatever, Jones has his heels dug in but I’d like to hear his reasoning for leaving the triple crown winner off his list.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Well, there's "conscious bias".

For instance: "I know Kupp is the best but I am an attention where and a masturclickbaiter, so I intentionally create a top 5 WR list just so I can leave Kupp off..."

Skippy says hold my beer.

TheBunk

Rookie
Would be interesting to see his list of top 5 QBs in that case. He has to be accounting for Kupps productivity somewhere else.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Would be interesting to see his list of top 5 QBs in that case. He has to be accounting for Kupps productivity somewhere else.
Stafford languishing in Detroit for 12 years is like a subconscious afterthought when it come to QB rankings for many talking heads. Three postseasons in 12 years and not a win in any of them. Those top 5 lists include the usual suspects......Top 3: Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes then maybe Burrow, Herbert or Allen. Until that Wild Card game and his off season bullshit, Murray would be on a couple of those lists. And sometimes Stafford makes the list, thanks to finally winning a playoff game and the SB!!

Name
A Really Cool
I respect everyone's opinions, but to leave off Kupp after the season he had is just stupid tbh. He was historic last year and could only get better with a QB like Staffie throwing him the ball.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I respect everyone's opinions, but to leave off Kupp after the season he had is just stupid tbh. He was historic last year and could only get better with a QB like Staffie throwing him the ball.
I honestly can’t respect someone’s when it’s that bad. Not only was Kupp a historic producer… he made the biggest plays in the biggest moments.

Name
A Really Cool
I honestly can’t respect someone’s when it’s that bad. Not only was Kupp a historic producer… he made the biggest plays in the biggest moments.
I agree with everything you said. What's his reasoning for it? Kupp was flat out dominant at times and he's off the list? Yeah,no. And where's Justin Jefferson? Freaking stupid honestly.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

sorry, can't seem to post video from nfl.com.

5 - Keenan Allen
4 - Stephan Diggs
3 - De'andre Hopkins
2 - Tyreek Hill
1 - Devante Adams

Haha, oh man.

This guy is living in the past.

What was the criteria he used to base his selections on?

If it's my list:

1. Cooper Kupp
2. OBJ
3. Van Jefferson
4, Tyreek Hill
5. Davante Adams

And I'm dead serious. Cooper Kupp should have been NFL MVP this season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What was the criteria he used to base his selections on?

If it's my list:

1. Cooper Kupp
2. OBJ
3. Van Jefferson
4, Tyreek Hill
5. Davante Adams

And I'm dead serious. Cooper Kupp should have been NFL MVP this season.

No criteria. The hosts couldn't believe Kupp wasn't on the list but he didn't give any reasons.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
It’s almost forgotten a bit with the SB win. But the fact that Kupp got loose for the big game winning bomb against TB was ridiculous. Not to mention the catch before that and getting out of bounds. That’s pure NFL ‘Legend’ type of work being put on display by Cooper Kupp.