Jalen Hurts has a strong message for teams entering NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SubZero405

UDFA
As an Oklahoma fan who watched all of Oklahoma's games, jalen hurts is not an NFL qb. No high draft pick should be used on him.

His athletic ability is undeniable. He can avoid the pass rush at times and pick up huge chunks of yards on the ground. He is also very tough to tackle, sometimes need multiple defenders to tackle him.

His throwing ability leaves a lot to be desired. Sure he put up his best throwing numbers at OU, but Lincoln Riley should have that effect on any QB. He doesnt read defenses well and typically if his first read isnt available he will tuck and run. The receiver typically has to be wide open for him to throw the ball, will not throw into coverage.

For a mobile QB his pocket presence is poor as well. He sometimes panics in the pocket (especially if the first read isnt there) before the defenders are even close to him. This sometimes leads to sacks/fumbles.

The thing that irked me the most was the turnovers. He didnt have many, but they were at the worst times or they brought teams back into the game that should have been blown out.

My honest assessment is that if 5 star Spencer Rattler had graduated early and played spring ball, he would have beaten hurts for the starting gig as a true freshman. I think he is a better fit at a different position possibly TE.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As an Oklahoma fan who watched all of Oklahoma's games, jalen hurts is not an NFL qb. No high draft pick should be used on him.

His athletic ability is undeniable. He can avoid the pass rush at times and pick up huge chunks of yards on the ground. He is also very tough to tackle, sometimes need multiple defenders to tackle him.

His throwing ability leaves a lot to be desired. Sure he put up his best throwing numbers at OU, but Lincoln Riley should have that effect on any QB. He doesnt read defenses well and typically if his first read isnt available he will tuck and run. The receiver typically has to be wide open for him to throw the ball, will not throw into coverage.

For a mobile QB his pocket presence is poor as well. He sometimes panics in the pocket (especially if the first read isnt there) before the defenders are even close to him. This sometimes leads to sacks/fumbles.

The thing that irked me the most was the turnovers. He didnt have many, but they were at the worst times or they brought teams back into the game that should have been blown out.

My honest assessment is that if 5 star Spencer Rattler had graduated early and played spring ball, he would have beaten hurts for the starting gig as a true freshman. I think he is a better fit at a different position possibly TE.

Good insight (y)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree on RB. And Hurts might be a good NFL QB. A late pick isn’t outside the realm of possibility if McVay wanted to use him like Taysom Hill on sub packages. But some team will
Take him earlier I’m thinking.

T. Hill has amazing speed & has made himself into a special NFL player.
J. Hurts reminds me of Aaron Donald’s person. I saw & remember his Baylor game.Wasn’t at his best. I do think he will bring value to a NFL team.Should be a solid pro.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I saw the OU / TCU game in person. Hurts threw one of the worst interceptions I have ever seen for a pick six (And they were inside the 10 of TCU...). He doesn't have good anticipation skills sand Lincoln Riley put him within an offense that gave the impression he is better than he is. And most of the time it was his feet getting the positive yardage or one of CeeDee lamb's circus catches. (He is the real deal....). Hurts will have to be someone's trick play expert to make his mark early in the NFL.