Jadeveon Clowney makes Friday visit to St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
A more feasible draft mock

Clowney DE at 2
Donald DT at 13
Yankey OG at 44
Brooks S in the 3rd round

No blitzing required. Long Quinn Brockers Lanford/Donald would terrorize QB's

RamzFanz

Damnit
If you think Clowney plays half-assed, then it is what it is.

I've read and heard enough from deep reviews of his full game play to be convinced it's not true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A more feasible draft mock

Clowney DE at 2
Donald DT at 13
Yankey OG at 44
Brooks S in the 3rd round

No blitzing required. Long Quinn Brockers Lanford/Donald would terrorize QB's

5 first rounders on the dline? :eek:

If you think Clowney plays half-assed, then it is what it is.

I've read and heard enough from deep reviews of his full game play to be convinced it's not true.

Exactly if you've watched enough tape to come away with the informed opinion that Clowney is best for us then that's completely fair.

I've watched enough of him to come away with the opinion that I'd take Matthews and Watkins (and possibly Robinson due to need) over him.

That's also why I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him, as awesome as I am :whistle:, I trust Fisher and Snead's judgement far more than my own.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I guess my general desire is that the Rams ensure #2 is a player the opponents HAVE to plan for. Impact.

To me, that's Clowney / Watkins. I've watched Clowney at both DE positions and inside. I'm confident in Williams' ability to get Clowney on the field with Long and Quinn.

How many players on average would it take to stop those 3? I don't know. More than 3. Possibly 5-6?

They would suck up offensive players like gravy with a biscuit. The pass rush last season didn't win games because the soft coverage allowed quick passes. I don't see Williams allowing that anymore.

Not only that but Clowney is very good against the run and is able to drop into pass coverage. You take away a couple of key runs last season and the games go from L to W.

There are several ways to skin this cat, but for me, this is the most likely to succeed.

But I too will trust in Snisher to weed this out.

I guess my general desire is that the Rams ensure #2 is a player the opponents HAVE to plan for. Impact.

To me, that's Clowney / Watkins. I've watched Clowney at both DE positions and inside. I'm confident in Williams' ability to get Clowney on the field with Long and Quinn.

How many players on average would it take to stop those 3? I don't know. More than 3. Possibly 5-6?

They would suck up offensive players like gravy with a biscuit. The pass rush last season didn't win games because the soft coverage allowed quick passes. I don't see Williams allowing that anymore.

Not only that but Clowney is very good against the run and is able to drop into pass coverage. You take away a couple of key runs last season and the games go from L to W.

There are several ways to skin this cat, but for me, this is the most likely to succeed.

But I too will trust in Snisher to weed this out.

I don't agree with all of that but can see where you're coming from.

FRO

Legend
Potential talent, which shows up and makes a few plays per game over less potential which shows up and is consistently excellent need.
His lack of effort is something that had been far overblown. Even Fisher said he thought he was out there trying hard. Clowney battled through injuries last year.

His lack of effort is something that had been far overblown. Even Fisher said he thought he was out there trying hard. Clowney battled through injuries last year.

Lack of effort or lack of playing ability to constantly make the best of his athletic ability I don't know, if we draft him I'd rather it be lack of effort.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He did? I hadn't heard that. Were these official injuries?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lack of effort or lack of playing ability to constantly make the best of his athletic ability I don't know, if we draft him I'd rather it be lack of effort.

I'd rather it be a bone spur.

"Clowney missed the Wofford game last season and was slowed throughout the year with a right foot injury.

“It’s painful,” Clowney said. “I’m out here playing on it though. I’m just trying to give it everything I’ve got.”

Clowney said the only way the foot will improve this season is with rest.

“It only bothers me when I’m out there. It just builds up pain,” he said. “The more I keep going the more it bothers me.”

Clowney plans to have surgery this offseason to fix the problem.

“I’m going to get it cleaned out after the season’s over with,” he said."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd rather it be a bone spur.

"Clowney missed the Wofford game last season and was slowed throughout the year with a right foot injury.

“It’s painful,” Clowney said. “I’m out here playing on it though. I’m just trying to give it everything I’ve got.”

Clowney said the only way the foot will improve this season is with rest.

“It only bothers me when I’m out there. It just builds up pain,” he said. “The more I keep going the more it bothers me.”

Clowney plans to have surgery this offseason to fix the problem.

“I’m going to get it cleaned out after the season’s over with,” he said."
Anyone else had them? The shut me down when I was training for a 10K. Had to get cortisone shots in my heels. He should have had the surgery, they will be back.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Anyone else had them? The shut me down when I was training for a 10K. Had to get cortisone shots in my heels. He should have had the surgery, they will be back.
I've had em. Cortisone in the heel did the trick for me. Before that, every day after I'd drive home I could barely get out of the car! Still get some tendonitis but it's not like before. Surgery should take 6-8 weeks to recover from says my cousin the orthopedic surgeon.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've had em. Cortisone in the heel did the trick for me. Before that, every day after I'd drive home I could barely get out of the car! Still get some tendonitis but it's not like before. Surgery should take 6-8 weeks to recover from says my cousin the orthopedic surgeon.
Sounds about right. Yeah, they suck. I had achilles tendon problems too, but cortisone makes them brittle and you can't do anything on them, they even put a cast on you. Just in case anyone wants to know. If you did both, you'd be in a wheelchair the same amount of time. I'd probably rather have surgery to try to remove them, but tendonitis kind of comes and goes. The heel shots helped me as well.