Jadeveon Clowney looking for ‘market-setting money’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
C'mon Browns sweeten that offer just a little more

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Clowney is a good player, but he has somehow maintained a status higher than his level of play, IMO.

I am not sure what I’d pay him, but I am glad my team is not paying him $15M/yr.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clowney is a good player, but he has somehow maintained a status higher than his level of play, IMO.

I am not sure what I’d pay him, but I am glad my team is not paying him $15M/yr.
Drafted above AD, and never lived up to the hype that Aaron lives, breathes and dwells in. Sucks to be him, when AD keeps doing what he does, effortlessly.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Buffalo bills should sign him. They need a DE, they have cap space and 2020 is their best chance to unseat the patriots

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Starting Monday no comp pick attached to free agents if this dude down to 13 million wow. He almost down to Floyd territory lol. I mean the Rams don't have two nickels to rub together but I'd love to see him play next to AD. I know it's a pipe dream nor am I or would I advocate for the Rams to go back on there word with Floyd.

Unfortunately for Clowney despite his talents it's hard for a team to shell out the money he was seeking for what 3.5 sacks technically even 13 million is a lot. Having said that if we had the money no comp pick attached I'd snap him up. Too many positives especially taking him from the seafaux!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Starting Monday no comp pick attached to free agents if this dude down to 13 million wow. He almost down to Floyd territory lol. I mean the Rams don't have two nickels to rub together but I'd love to see him play next to AD. I know it's a pipe dream nor am I or would I advocate for the Rams to go back on there word with Floyd.

Unfortunately for Clowney despite his talents it's hard for a team to shell out the money he was seeking for what 3.5 sacks technically even 13 million is a lot. Having said that if we had the money no comp pick attached I'd snap him up. Too many positives especially taking him from the seafaux!!!!

Clowney plays the run well. He's not the speed / bender type of DE. What he doesn't get is that most teams prefer the DE position to produce sacks in this passing era. His skill set is not in as high of a demand to garner a megadeal.

I've never been a big fan of Clowney's. Some guys are so athletically gifted and mature early enough that the college game is child's play to them. He was being drooled over by every college in the country when he was a high school Jr. He always seemed to keep that big head that he got from being a glorified college recruit. I prefer a guy like AD who had to get to the top the hard way. It's the best way to build fortitude and work ethic while staying focused and not over inflating the ego. Coming in on top can come with certain problems.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Clowney plays the run well. He's not the speed / bender type of DE. What he doesn't get is that most teams prefer the DE position to produce sacks in this passing era. His skill set is not in as high of a demand to garner a megadeal.

I've never been a big fan of Clowney's. Some guys are so athletically gifted and mature early enough that the college game is child's play to them. He was being drooled over by every college in the country when he was a high school Jr. He always seemed to keep that big head that he got from being a glorified college recruit. I prefer a guy like AD who had to get to the top the hard way. It's the best way to build fortitude and work ethic while staying focused and not over inflating the ego. Coming in on top can come with certain problems.

Agree 1000% and i actually think Floyd may be or will be more useful to this defense.
However that being said if the guy is down to 13 million and say the rams used the whole winning culture la marketing sales pitch etc and you could get him at 12 million prove it deal who would you prefer and how would you set this defense up?

Obviously I'd like both but the rams would be paying them in promissory notes litterally that activate doing that RT now lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree 1000% and i actually think Floyd may be or will be more useful to this defense.
However that being said if the guy is down to 13 million and say the rams used the whole winning culture la marketing sales pitch etc and you could get him at 12 million prove it deal who would you prefer and how would you set this defense up?

Obviously I'd like both but the rams would be paying them in promissory notes litterally that activate doing that RT now lol.

That's a tough one. If you give Clowney the money what can you really expect out of him. He wasn't even a sackmaster playing with JJ Watt. I don't know how the Rams feel about their current defenders but I would think that losing a good coverage linebacker like Littleton and having only one side of the DBs as a proven lock down player in Ramsey. I would tend to think that Pass Rush would be the more important trait that they would look for.

On the flip side, a one year prove it deal may bring out all of the potential that people saw in Clowney to begin with. A bonus would be if Clowney were to hold a grudge against Seattle for not giving him what he wants. He would be fun to watch for at least two games next year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna lie... If I were Snead I'd call him and butter him up about how cool it would be to play for the Rams on a one year "prove it" deal and play the Shehawks 2x a year. Probably won't work but I'd give it the old college try. (y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: NFL teams question Jadeveon Clowney’s dedication to the game

Following months of negotiations with star edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney, many NFL teams have grown tired of the dance and moved on from the Pro Bowl outside linebacker. It now seems Clowney’s contract demands aren’t the only thing preventing him from being signed.

Coming off a year that saw the three-time Pro Bowl selection traded to the Seattle Seahawks for a third-round pick, only to then record three sacks in a contract year, NFL teams reportedly have key questions about Clowney.

Jadeveon Clowney entered the offseason hoping to become one of the NFL’s highest-paid players, seeking an extension worth approximately $20 million per season. However, the star edge rusher soon found that NFL teams weren’t as enamored with him and he was walking into a weak market.

In addition to concerns over his durability and doubts about his work ethic, per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, multiple NFL teams question Clowney’s dedication to the mental aspect of football. In the eyes of several evaluators, Clowney’s game tape reflects a player who relies on his physical ability and isn’t developing his technique or approach as much as he should.

Clowney, the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, has flashed incredible talent across six NFL seasons. Before being traded to the Seahawks, he recorded 18.5 sacks and 42 quarterback hits across his previous two seasons. He also was a dominant force against the run, part of the reason Seattle acquired him.

A down season in 2019 could be explained by the fact he played through a core muscle injury. It kept him out of three games and limited him in 11 appearances, impacting his explosiveness and strength.

While there might be multiple corners, NFL teams still showed interest in him. The Seattle Seahawks wanted him back this offseason and they aren’t the only organization believing they can unlock greatness. The Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens and Tennessee Titans have all either made him an offer or reached out to his side.

We likely won’t see Clowney sign until training camp, but he will almost certainly be on the field for the 2020 NFL season. Whichever team he signs with, we expect Clowney to make a significant impact this year.

Psycho_X

Legend
Report: NFL teams question Jadeveon Clowney’s dedication to the game

Following months of negotiations with star edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney, many NFL teams have grown tired of the dance and moved on from the Pro Bowl outside linebacker. It now seems Clowney’s contract demands aren’t the only thing preventing him from being signed.

Coming off a year that saw the three-time Pro Bowl selection traded to the Seattle Seahawks for a third-round pick, only to then record three sacks in a contract year, NFL teams reportedly have key questions about Clowney.

Jadeveon Clowney entered the offseason hoping to become one of the NFL’s highest-paid players, seeking an extension worth approximately $20 million per season. However, the star edge rusher soon found that NFL teams weren’t as enamored with him and he was walking into a weak market.

In addition to concerns over his durability and doubts about his work ethic, per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, multiple NFL teams question Clowney’s dedication to the mental aspect of football. In the eyes of several evaluators, Clowney’s game tape reflects a player who relies on his physical ability and isn’t developing his technique or approach as much as he should.

Clowney, the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, has flashed incredible talent across six NFL seasons. Before being traded to the Seahawks, he recorded 18.5 sacks and 42 quarterback hits across his previous two seasons. He also was a dominant force against the run, part of the reason Seattle acquired him.

A down season in 2019 could be explained by the fact he played through a core muscle injury. It kept him out of three games and limited him in 11 appearances, impacting his explosiveness and strength.

While there might be multiple corners, NFL teams still showed interest in him. The Seattle Seahawks wanted him back this offseason and they aren’t the only organization believing they can unlock greatness. The Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens and Tennessee Titans have all either made him an offer or reached out to his side.

We likely won’t see Clowney sign until training camp, but he will almost certainly be on the field for the 2020 NFL season. Whichever team he signs with, we expect Clowney to make a significant impact this year.

I mean, they’ve been saying that since he was evaluated for the draft. Seem to remember questions about his dedication to both honing his craft and rehabbing from his injuries in college. The dude has the assets to be a trend setting type of player but I don’t think he gives a fuck outside of the money.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

tenor.gif