Jack Del Rio had no idea Jaguars would draft Blaine Gabbert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing against EJ because he was a very good RB. But they paid him more than the Rams paid Marshall over the span while EJ was with the Colts. They ended up essentially giving up the #4 overall pick for a 2nd and a 5th while paying more at the RB position for a RB that while very good, was not the double threat and match up problem posed by Marshall. And of course, we won a SB with Marshall. The Colts didn't with Edgerrin.

While with the Rams he was a more effective receiver than James - though they both caught targets at a 77.6% rate over the 7 years. Faulk averaged 8.7 yards per reception while with the Rams, and James averaged 8.0 with the Colts. Overall yardage during that period favored James by over a 1000 yards, despite playing in a much more standard offense as opposed to the first few years of the Greatest Show on Turf, when there were so many threats teams couldn't stop any Ram.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rams had Faulk - but I doubt he would have had the same amount of success if he had stayed with the Colts. Whether it was worth it for the Colts to downgrade from #4 to a 2nd and a 5th and get James instead of Faulk, I don't know. But again, Faulk likely wouldn't have done as well if he'd stayed in Indy. His yards per carry exploded in the first three seasons with the Rams, far better than he had with the Colts. I doubt that he has that happen if he hadn't been traded to a team with a revolutionary offense. I'm just not convinced he would have had near the success with the Colts, and while not old, was getting there by NFL RB standards.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
While with the Rams he was a more effective receiver than James - though they both caught targets at a 77.6% rate over the 7 years. Faulk averaged 8.7 yards per reception while with the Rams, and James averaged 8.0 with the Colts. Overall yardage during that period favored James by over a 1000 yards, despite playing in a much more standard offense as opposed to the first few years of the Greatest Show on Turf, when there were so many threats teams couldn't stop any Ram.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rams had Faulk - but I doubt he would have had the same amount of success if he had stayed with the Colts. Whether it was worth it for the Colts to downgrade from #4 to a 2nd and a 5th and get James instead of Faulk, I don't know. But again, Faulk likely wouldn't have done as well if he'd stayed in Indy. His yards per carry exploded in the first three seasons with the Rams, far better than he had with the Colts. I doubt that he has that happen if he hadn't been traded to a team with a revolutionary offense. I'm just not convinced he would have had near the success with the Colts, and while not old, was getting there by NFL RB standards.

But by that same standard, I don't think James would have performed at the level that Faulk did in the GSOT. Not that there was ever a chance for that, but if we're comparing what ifs about careers then it's a valid comparison. Faulk may not have done as well as James in the Colts offense, but I'm almost certain that James wouldn't have been to the Rams what Faulk was.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But by that same standard, I don't think James would have performed at the level that Faulk did in the GSOT. Not that there was ever a chance for that, but if we're comparing what ifs about careers then it's a valid comparison. Faulk may not have done as well as James in the Colts offense, but I'm almost certain that James wouldn't have been to the Rams what Faulk was.

Absolutely. The Faulk trade was great for the Rams. I'm just saying that it wasn't the disaster for the Colts that some seem to think. James was fantastic for them.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If Polian could have that one back, I'm sure he'd seek more compensation. Colts originally were asking for a first. Shaw and Vermeil bargained them down to a second and fifth.

It wasn't a disaster for them, it was just completely one sided.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm a diehard Mizzou fan...and I never saw Gabbert as a first round pick at all.

Also, fuck Shaw. I hope his ass is nowhere near the team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Faulk had over 2200 yards from scrimmage his last season with the Colts. He didn't exactly explode after he left them.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faulk had over 2200 yards from scrimmage his last season with the Colts. He didn't exactly explode after he left them.

4.1 ypc.
5.5 ypc the next season with the Rams.
BOOM!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
4.1 ypc.
5.5 ypc the next season with the Rams.
BOOM!!!!
If you say so but you could also say he started the explosion in '98 and continued when he got to the Rams. He was Indy's rushing AND receiving leader his last year there. CLEARLY their biggest offensive weapon when Peyton was just a rookie.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
That's freaked up... but it still doesn't come close to the dysfunction brewed up by "that woman", shaw, and zigfuck. THAT was freaked UP!
Georgia was the worst owner in pro sports. Gold digging hag.
What she did to the Rams was criminal. It should have been our dynasty in the 80s, not the niners. We had more talent.
Look at al the Pro Bowls and All Pros from that era. We had the best defense in the 70s, not the Steelers. Most sacks, least rushing TDs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Georgia was the worst owner in pro sports. Gold digging hag.
What she did to the Rams was criminal. It should have been our dynasty in the 80s, not the niners. We had more talent.
Look at al the Pro Bowls and All Pros from that era. We had the best defense in the 70s, not the Steelers. Most sacks, least rushing TDs.

I agree.

One of the things that helps me now is... I never say, or even type, "that woman's" name. Just do it like that from now on... only refer to her as "that woman" going forward. It provides me with a slight bit of comfort... maybe it can do the same for you.