It's Started Already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
Yeah, I don't think these kids can do anything about the media overhyping them. Griffin, by all accounts, had a phenomenal interview and isn't a one-dimensional type of QB. Good arm, good instincts, and great mobility. Under Shanahan he will probably be developed RIGHT. They'll tailor the offense around him and probably be semi-successful in a tough division.

Conversely, Bradford was picked as the top QB in the draft and little was done to continue his development. Shurmur started him off the right way and then this team just went right off the tracks in his second year. None of that is his fault and it quite rightly pisses me off the way "fans" are ready to close the book on him already. These QBs were dropped in entirely different situations and it should be apparent that Bradford started off behind the 8-ball. In his rookie year, for instance, his primary targets were an undrafted free agent (DX), an in-season trade who fell injured (Clayton), another in-season trade (Gibson), and a bust of a draft pick (Gilyard). And he STILL managed to post 3500 yards en route to breaking all kinds of rookie records.

If people don't want to listen to the problems in 2011 that absolutely squelched his development, then screw it.
I'm done pointing those things out.

And people need to remember that those arent excuses for Bradford, they are factors for his situation that shouldnt go unnoticed. This is Bradfords 3rd season, normally, at the end of this season, this should be enough sample size for us to know if he truly is our franchise QB, but all of that changed because of the OC/regime changes. The problems at the OL and WR positions were also brutal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
Angry Ram said:
Man, freak them.

freak BSPN. freak all these media jerks that think they know it all.

The only thing RG3 has is a fun name to say. Oh and he's a running QB which for some reason gives these media fellas massive hardons.

Not sure if you have watched much tape on RGIII, but he is most definitely NOT a run first QB. I watched quite a bit of him at Baylor, and all of his preseason/first game snaps and he only tucks and runs when it makes sense. On one particular play I watched him purposefully hold the ball even after the Saints had lost contain...then calmly wait for his receiver to break open for an easy 20+ gainer. Absolutely a thing of beauty. I hiave a feeling we will see more of that this w/e if the Rams D doesn't keep him in the pocket. He looks to be every bit as poised and accurate as Stafford, but with the ability to beat you with his legs.....if he HAS to.

Maybe I shoulda been more in depth. I'm not sayin RG3 is a RB playing QB. He has talent. My point is on the freakin media. Why all the hype over him? Cuz he's a running QB.

RG3, Newton, Vince Young, Vick...what do all of them have in common?

Aren't they all Heisman winners except for Vick, who was 3rd place? They all have/had endorsements, are in a # of commercials, they are hyped to no end.

Bradford is a Heisman winner. Where was his endorsements/commercials his rookie year or after?

He's on the Rams? Newton is in Carolina. Not exactly the biggest market or best team.

I guess what I'm sayin is, I'm freakin sick of the media overhyping these types of QBs. What sucks the worse is these guys are really good players and are entertaining to watch...but praising a guy especially over 1 game and sayin shyte like "the Rams made a mistake" is freakin stupid and annoying, and makes me not want to see Griffin or Newton.

Well hasnt Bradford just done a few local commercials?

Some guys just prefer staying out of the spotlight. Luck was the 1st pick in the draft and we never heard much about him, im guessing he likes it that way.

RGIII is a good kid that didnt have any controversies in college, for a lot of folks, he came out of nowhere his Senior year, and helped elevate the Baylor football program. That makes it a great story. He had people goin nuts over his freaking socks at the Heisman ceremony, and I remember everyone were gushing about his interview at the combine. Its easy to like him.

Again, it's not that he didn't get commercials- I really don't care either way- it's the hype for running QBs that includes national commercials, endorsements, endless coverage of him. Honestly, compared to RG3, how much coverage did Luck get? Bradford? Locker? Ponder, Gabbert, Stafford, Flacco, Ryan? I go back to my point...he has a fun rhyming name to say and is a running QB. Media hard on.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Yeah, I don't think these kids can do anything about the media overhyping them. Griffin, by all accounts, had a phenomenal interview and isn't a one-dimensional type of QB. Good arm, good instincts, and great mobility. Under Shanahan he will probably be developed RIGHT. They'll tailor the offense around him and probably be semi-successful in a tough division.

Conversely, Bradford was picked as the top QB in the draft and little was done to continue his development. Shurmur started him off the right way and then this team just went right off the tracks in his second year. None of that is his fault and it quite rightly pisses me off the way "fans" are ready to close the book on him already. These QBs were dropped in entirely different situations and it should be apparent that Bradford started off behind the 8-ball. In his rookie year, for instance, his primary targets were an undrafted free agent (DX), an in-season trade who fell injured (Clayton), another in-season trade (Gibson), and a bust of a draft pick (Gilyard). And he STILL managed to post 3500 yards en route to breaking all kinds of rookie records.

If people don't want to listen to the problems in 2011 that absolutely squelched his development, then screw it.
I'm done pointing those things out.
I'm just nitpicking here, 'cause I agree with everything else, but Gibson was an in-season trade in 2009 (for Witherspoon). This is his 4th year.

I can pretty much guarantee you that the ones who wish we picked RG3 didn't EVER want Bradford in the first place (minus the ADD crowd). Their agenda will forever be about dumping Bradford. When he leads the Rams to a SB Championship, they'll bitch that he took too long, or he was just along for the ride.