It's Started Already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Now that the Rams are 0-1 and Washington is 1-0 and RGIII had a good game the talking heads are saying the Rams made a mistake not picking him .
Jesus I hope we shut that crap up Sunday, I was on board with picking him and trading Sam THEN ,but JMO Sam looked promising Sunday and the cost to Washington and benefit to St.L of that trade is far from settled ,far from it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Until Sam starts playing well consistently, there will be speculation...as there should be. If RG3 goes on to be a perennial pro bowler, and Sam never improves, yikes. Hopefully the team makes the extra draft picks count.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
Another QB used to get similar criticisms..he lacks confidence, throws too many INTs, looks lost on the field...should've drafted Rivers or Rodgers.

That guy is 2 time SB winner Eli Manning.

Just sayin', not everyone gets to sit behind Brett Favre for four years until your damn good and ready to come out and play like Rodgers did.

I still have a lot of faith that Sam finds his way. We threw him into a trial by fire, and he will experience a lot of growing pains. Most people agree that a QB does not really come into his own until 4-5 years in league.

If he doesn't manage, then we'll have to move on.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RAMilyGuy said:
Another QB used to get similar criticisms..he lacks confidence, throws too many INTs, looks lost on the field...should've drafted Rivers or Rodgers.

Just sayin', not everyone gets to sit behind Brett Favre for four years until your damn good and ready to come out and play like Rodgers did.

I still have a lot of faith that Sam finds his way. We threw him into a trial by fire, and he will experience a lot of growing pains. Most people agree that a QB does not really come into his own until 4-5 years in league.

Yeah ,I am MUCH happier with Sam AS he is progressing than had he been a guy who came in flashed then faded cuz he couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong.
We got a damned good price for the rights to draft RG and once people get film ON HIM he'll come back to earth,but JMO he's got a far better team and coach supporting him than Sammy had.
Maybe we can help RG regain some humility this week :cool:

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Thordaddy said:
RAMilyGuy said:

Yeah ,I am MUCH happier with Sam AS he is progressing than had he been a guy who came in flashed then faded cuz he couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong.
We got a damned good price for the rights to draft RG and once people get film ON HIM he'll come back to earth,but JMO he's got a far better team and coach supporting him than Sammy had.

I am glad you mentioned film. See Cam Newton. He did not look comfortable all game this past week.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ljramsfan said:
Thordaddy said:
RAMilyGuy said:

I am glad you mentioned film. See Cam Newton. He did not look comfortable all game this past week.

Yeah the NFL is a pretty Darwinian place, if you stay on top there you need more than a good debut.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Raiders looked like, well, HORRIBLE CRAP last night at QB. I know Sam isn't a top guy with this poor O-line, but man, Carson Palmer is completely lost. I was thinking, ya know, looking at the Raiders situation at quaterback, Sam isn't too bad!

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
The one thing that I wish Sam can do consistently is stand tall in the pocket to deliver the ball under duress to complete a pass. Kurt Warner, Drew Bress, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, & Tom Brady have it that come to mind. Aside from Rodgers these QB's would side step just a little to get away from a person coming to their face, and deliver the ball on the money.

Sam has all the attributes for a HoF kind of QB. He has the Arm strength, Accuracy, Touch, Height, Intelligence, & Vision to be that. The thing is that he falters at times, and it's sometimes discouraging when I see that. I know Sam isn't like the guys above, but if he can develop that instinct he would be clutch.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
RamsSince1969 said:
The Raiders looked like, well, HORRIBLE CRAP last night at QB. I know Sam isn't a top guy with this poor O-line, but man, Carson Palmer is completely lost. I was thinking, ya know, looking at the Raiders situation at quaterback, Sam isn't too bad!

LOL. But that's kinda like a stoner looking at some drunken crackhead and saying "uhh, I guess I'm not such a loser afterall." Raiders are terrible.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Is this what it has come to with QBs? We have to judge them on a week-to-week basis and not even factor in the situation around them? I noticed folks mentioning Colt McCoy on Sunday because of Weeden's performance. Are you freaking kidding me? Its fine for people to be skeptical of that pick, but have a little bit of patience. People killed the Browns for not putting up a better offer for the #2 pick, and thats understandable. Thats been happening since the trade was made. Some media analysts mention how fans get on them when player x makes a good play because that analyst said they werent good, this instant over-reaction goes both ways.

This is not a make or break season with Sam. If RGIII puts up better stats and Washington has a better record then I still wont do any second guessing. Sam has not been put in the best position to win since hes arrived, and in year 3 Fisher and this new staff have to try and get his confidence back and hopefully we dont ruin him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JdashSTL said:
Is this what it has come to with QBs? We have to judge them on a week-to-week basis and not even factor in the situation around them? I noticed folks mentioning Colt McCoy on Sunday because of Weeden's performance. Are you freaking kidding me? Its fine for people to be skeptical of that pick, but have a little bit of patience. People killed the Browns for not putting up a better offer for the #2 pick, and thats understandable. Thats been happening since the trade was made. Some media analysts mention how fans get on them when player x makes a good play because that analyst said they werent good, this instant over-reaction goes both ways.

This is not a make or break season with Sam. If RGIII puts up better stats and Washington has a better record then I still wont do any second guessing. Sam has not been put in the best position to win since hes arrived, and in year 3 Fisher and this new staff have to try and get his confidence back and hopefully we dont ruin him.

This^^^

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
bluecoconuts said:
The biggest thing that worries me about Sunday's game is the refs holding RG3's hand again.

Quinn could bring the golden boy back to earth, but with the way I've seen them let O-linemen handle him, he'll have a tough time with that.

RG3 can't outrun Quinn. Unless Quinn has a 300lb tackle wrapped around his body.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man, fuck them.

Fuck BSPN. Fuck all these media jerks that think they know it all.

The only thing RG3 has is a fun name to say. Oh and he's a running QB which for some reason gives these media fellas massive hardons.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Angry Ram said:
Man, freak them.

freak BSPN. freak all these media jerks that think they know it all.

The only thing RG3 has is a fun name to say. Oh and he's a running QB which for some reason gives these media fellas massive hardons.

Not sure if you have watched much tape on RGIII, but he is most definitely NOT a run first QB. I watched quite a bit of him at Baylor, and all of his preseason/first game snaps and he only tucks and runs when it makes sense. On one particular play I watched him purposefully hold the ball even after the Saints had lost contain...then calmly wait for his receiver to break open for an easy 20+ gainer. Absolutely a thing of beauty. I hiave a feeling we will see more of that this w/e if the Rams D doesn't keep him in the pocket. He looks to be every bit as poised and accurate as Stafford, but with the ability to beat you with his legs.....if he HAS to.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's my take on Bob Griffin III ...

He's got stupid hair. WTF is that supposed to be anyway.

For a guy who's played 1 pro game, he's on way too many commercials.

He ain't playin against no Spag defense this week.

He's gonna take a beating in The STL on Sunday.

Fuck him and the deadskins.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
Here's my take on Bob Griffin III ...

He's got stupid hair. WTF is that supposed to be anyway.

For a guy who's played 1 pro game, he's on way too many commercials.

He ain't playin against no Spag defense this week.

He's gonna take a beating in The STL on Sunday.

Fuck him and the deadskins.

This^^^

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Faceplant said:
Angry Ram said:
Man, freak them.

Not sure if you have watched much tape on RGIII, but he is most definitely NOT a run first QB. I watched quite a bit of him at Baylor, and all of his preseason/first game snaps and he only tucks and runs when it makes sense. On one particular play I watched him purposefully hold the ball even after the Saints had lost contain...then calmly wait for his receiver to break open for an easy 20+ gainer. Absolutely a thing of beauty. I hiave a feeling we will see more of that this w/e if the Rams D doesn't keep him in the pocket. He looks to be every bit as poised and accurate as Stafford, but with the ability to beat you with his legs.....if he HAS to.

Maybe I shoulda been more in depth. I'm not sayin RG3 is a RB playing QB. He has talent. My point is on the fuckin media. Why all the hype over him? Cuz he's a running QB.

RG3, Newton, Vince Young, Vick...what do all of them have in common?

Aren't they all Heisman winners except for Vick, who was 3rd place? They all have/had endorsements, are in a # of commercials, they are hyped to no end.

Bradford is a Heisman winner. Where was his endorsements/commercials his rookie year or after?

He's on the Rams? Newton is in Carolina. Not exactly the biggest market or best team.

I guess what I'm sayin is, I'm fuckin sick of the media overhyping these types of QBs. What sucks the worse is these guys are really good players and are entertaining to watch...but praising a guy especially over 1 game and sayin shit like "the Rams made a mistake" is fuckin stupid and annoying, and makes me not want to see Griffin or Newton.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
Angry Ram said:
Man, freak them.

Maybe I shoulda been more in depth. I'm not sayin RG3 is a RB playing QB. He has talent. My point is on the freakin media. Why all the hype over him? Cuz he's a running QB.

Aren't they all Heisman winners except for Vick, who was 3rd place? They all have/had endorsements, are in a # of commercials, they are hyped to no end.

Bradford is a Heisman winner. Where was his endorsements/commercials his rookie year or after?

He's on the Rams? Newton is in Carolina. Not exactly the biggest market or best team.

I guess what I'm sayin is, I'm freakin sick of the media overhyping these types of QBs. What sucks the worse is these guys are really good players and are entertaining to watch...but praising a guy especially over 1 game and sayin shyte like "the Rams made a mistake" is freakin stupid and annoying, and makes me not want to see Griffin or Newton.

Well hasnt Bradford just done a few local commercials?

Some guys just prefer staying out of the spotlight. Luck was the 1st pick in the draft and we never heard much about him, im guessing he likes it that way.

RGIII is a good kid that didnt have any controversies in college, for a lot of folks, he came out of nowhere his Senior year, and helped elevate the Baylor football program. That makes it a great story. He had people goin nuts over his freaking socks at the Heisman ceremony, and I remember everyone were gushing about his interview at the combine. Its easy to like him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
Angry Ram said:
Man, freak them.

Maybe I shoulda been more in depth. I'm not sayin RG3 is a RB playing QB. He has talent. My point is on the freakin media. Why all the hype over him? Cuz he's a running QB.

I guess what I'm sayin is, I'm freakin sick of the media overhyping these types of QBs. What sucks the worse is these guys are really good players and are entertaining to watch...but praising a guy especially over 1 game and sayin shyte like "the Rams made a mistake" is freakin stupid and annoying, and makes me not want to see Griffin or Newton.

Well hasnt Bradford just done a few local commercials?

Some guys just prefer staying out of the spotlight. Luck was the 1st pick in the draft and we never heard much about him, im guessing he likes it that way.

RGIII is a good kid that didnt have any controversies in college, for a lot of folks, he came out of nowhere his Senior year, and helped elevate the Baylor football program. That makes it a great story. He had people goin nuts over his freaking socks at the Heisman ceremony, and I remember everyone were gushing about his interview at the combine. Its easy to like him.
Yeah, I don't think these kids can do anything about the media overhyping them. Griffin, by all accounts, had a phenomenal interview and isn't a one-dimensional type of QB. Good arm, good instincts, and great mobility. Under Shanahan he will probably be developed RIGHT. They'll tailor the offense around him and probably be semi-successful in a tough division.

Conversely, Bradford was picked as the top QB in the draft and little was done to continue his development. Shurmur started him off the right way and then this team just went right off the tracks in his second year. None of that is his fault and it quite rightly pisses me off the way "fans" are ready to close the book on him already. These QBs were dropped in entirely different situations and it should be apparent that Bradford started off behind the 8-ball. In his rookie year, for instance, his primary targets were an undrafted free agent (DX), an in-season trade who fell injured (Clayton), another in-season trade (Gibson), and a bust of a draft pick (Gilyard). And he STILL managed to post 3500 yards en route to breaking all kinds of rookie records.

If people don't want to listen to the problems in 2011 that absolutely squelched his development, then screw it.
I'm done pointing those things out.