It's Official...Ryan is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Vault 82

Rookie
Username said:
Vault 82 said:
Username said:
Selassie I said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0AtA0cmvM[/youtube]

He's gonna fit right in. :cool:

He better grow his gad damn hair out again!

Lol, yup. He needs the hair. It's so him.

I honestly think he'll be a great fit. These young guys are gonna feed off his energy and vice versa. Our defenses reputation of not to be freak with will grow. I want teams dreading playing us.

I'm right with you man. I love this hire. Ryan has never had the tools to work with that he's about to have here. Extremely talented, young, up and coming. I'm sure he's licking his chops. Fish knows something, because he went right for Rob, and now it's done. Our D is about to go from promising to feared. :cool:

iced

I'm on the fence about Ryan too..

but I remember the Cowboys having one of the top ranked D's prior to all the injuries though...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we've seen coaches succeed with talent (Spagnuolo in NY) and look like fools without it (Spagnuolo in NO).

I believe Ryan is a good coach. I like the attitude. I think the players will respond to him.

Anxious to hear from Fisher on the selection.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have been gleaning as much info from my Cowgirl fan friends about Ryan. They are all pretty knowledgeable football guys, and the consensus is that Ryan was a scapegoat. I doubt he would have wanted to stay with that cirrcus of a team anyway. Lets hope Fisher keeps him on a short leash and that we continue our progress with this defense. I think a 4-3 would be far more effective against the pistol/read option that we will face 4 times (minimum) per year.

nighttrain

Legend
den-the-coach said:
Well, Rams will stay in 4-3 with some added wrinkles I am sure...Ryan, LB Coach Frank Bush, Secondary Coach Chuck Cecil & Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinnis all former DC's. The talent is there with a few more added via the draft. No reason not to be a top ten defense next season barring injuries!

i think it's probably done today, and i'm on board with it..Guy can run 4-3 as well as 3-4, maybe just mix it up a little.
train

Psycho_X

Legend
Posted this on another board but basically my thoughts....

Ryan has had good times and bad at DC. He hasn't been able to post great numbers at the teams he was at but then again two of the stops was Oakland (and highly disfunctional from the top down at the time) and Cleveland (always a mess). Dallas hasn't exactly been looking smart lately either.

Overall, this move has me very even keeled. Usually I am very for or against a move when it happens. But this one.... I just don't know. I am highly intrigued at Ryan and Fisher working together along with all the other talent in the coaching ranks around them. But I'll need proof to truly buy in, especially after hovering around top 10 status this past year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Psycho_X said:
Posted this on another board but basically my thoughts....

Ryan has had good times and bad at DC. He hasn't been able to post great numbers at the teams he was at but then again two of the stops was Oakland (and highly disfunctional from the top down at the time) and Cleveland (always a mess). Dallas hasn't exactly been looking smart lately either.

Overall, this move has me very even keeled. Usually I am very for or against a move when it happens. But this one.... I just don't know. I am highly intrigued at Ryan and Fisher working together along with all the other talent in the coaching ranks around them. But I'll need proof to truly buy in, especially after hovering around top 10 status this past year.
That's about where I am on it. Seems to me that they want a certain personality on this coaching staff. One that's fiery and animated, and a motivator of men. Not overly thrilled with his defenses' career rankings, but maybe he never had the kind of talent he's inheriting now. I dunno. That said, outside of Lovie, he was the big name DC to land.

Vault 82

Rookie
Lot's of Cowboy fans on nfl.com yesterday who were still supportive of Ryan and saying this was a good sign.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No comment from Fisher or the Rams yet?

Lesson

Oh, really?
As others have said, this move seems even keel. Would I probably be more excited if it was Lovie or someone else from a 4-3 background? Yes, but that doesn't mean I don't think Ryan won't have a chance to improve the performance of the D as well as implementing some new wrinkles to the D.

…..

Legend
The Dog fully supports wild hair and borderline uncontrolable enthusiam and energy on the defensive side of the ball.

I want opposing teams to huddle together as thier flight descends into St Louis, asking the Lord for forgiveness as they approach the one game on the schedule that they have feared all season long.

Maybe our current players, combined with Ryans tenacity, and the knowledge of 4 other former defensive coordinators on staff, can make that happen. :twisted:

Dont worry Ram Borthers....Fisher will contain the Team and now Ryan is now a part of the Team.

(now, if we can just go get Richie Incognito back, I'll be ecstatic)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Dog said:
The Dog fully supports wild hair and borderline uncontrolable enthusiam and energy on the defensive side of the ball.

I want opposing teams to huddle together as thier flight descends into St Louis, asking the Lord for forgiveness as they approach the one game on the schedule that they have feared all season long.

Maybe our current players, combined with Ryans tenacity, and the knowledge of 4 other former defensive coordinators on staff, can make that happen. :twisted:

Dont worry Ram Borthers....Fisher will contain the Team and now Ryan is now a part of the Team.

(now, if we can just go get Richie Incognito back, I'll be ecstatic)
Heh. I like this guy.

Er.... dog. :twisted:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So at what point do the RAMS actually announce the hire?

Speeps

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rob Ryan's hire is very intriguing. Given the fact that we play against the the read-option offense about 4 times a year, I have a feeling this hire has something do with a buried defense called the 46...

nighttrain

Legend
Speeps said:
Rob Ryan's hire is very intriguing. Given the fact that we play against the the read-option offense about 4 times a year, I have a feeling this hire has something do with a buried defense called the 46...

This would not surprise me at all, i like the hire..
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:

Hmm! That's an interesting thought!

No doubt our divisional read-option match-ups are having an influence on this offseason!