It's Official...Ryan is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speeps

Starter
The Rams have hired Rob Ryan as our Defensive Coordinator.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

"A little longer than five minutes but still...Rams hired former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator. "

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well.....

Alright then.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anxious to hear more from Fisher.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
a18631700fb745ed9b09e9d.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0AtA0cmvM[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
lol.

He's gonna fit right in. :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
NFL.COM just announced it.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
This is still Fisher's D. I'd be shocked if we switched 3-4. I think we will retain most of the Fisher philosophy with little schemes of Ryan's sprinkled in. If I want to see any of Ryan's schemes translate to our D it is the press man. I'm sick of DB playing 10 yards off :grr:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, Rams will stay in 4-3 with some added wrinkles I am sure...Ryan, LB Coach Frank Bush, Secondary Coach Chuck Cecil & Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinnis all former DC's. The talent is there with a few more added via the draft. No reason not to be a top ten defense next season barring injuries!

RamsLife

UDFA
Like this hire a lot. Ryan is a solid, aggressive DC. Think he will only improve our defense, esp our young guys. Has experience coaching the 4-3 so as long as Fish is our HC, we won't be changing that anytime soon. Our team/coaching staff just keeps getting better and better. Got to love it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsLife said:
Like this hire a lot. Ryan is a solid, aggressive DC. Think he will only improve our defense, esp our young guys. Has experience coaching the 4-3 so as long as Fish is our HC, we won't be changing that anytime soon. Our team/coaching staff just keeps getting better and better. Got to love it.
I'm on the fence about it, but I'll defer to Fisher on the matter. If anything, Ryan knows how to *call* a defense. That's going to be more important than his trying to make mediocre players better. Mainly because we don't have a whole lot of mediocre players that need coaching up. If his past results weren't great (and they weren't), it might have had more to do with talent than putting his players in a position to succeed.

At least I hope that was the issue.

RamsLife

UDFA
X said:
RamsLife said:
I'm on the fence about it, but I'll defer to Fisher on the matter. If anything, Ryan knows how to *call* a defense. That's going to be more important than his trying to make mediocre players better. Mainly because we don't have a whole lot of mediocre players that need coaching up. If his past results weren't great (and they weren't), it might have had more to do with talent than putting his players in a position to succeed.

At least I hope that was the issue.

I think that may of been one of the reasons why his past defenses weren't as great as they were suppose to be under him. But either way, that won't be an excuse on our young and talented defense. If we don't play well defensively next yr (esp if we add more talent at LB and Safety) and stay relatively healthy, then you may be right; it will be on Ryan. Think in the end though, he will work out great for us.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Selassie I said:

He's gonna fit right in. :cool:

He better grow his gad damn hair out again!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Vault 82 said:
Username said:
Selassie I said:

He's gonna fit right in. :cool:

He better grow his gad damn hair out again!

Lol, yup. He needs the hair. It's so him.

I honestly think he'll be a great fit. These young guys are gonna feed off his energy and vice versa. Our defenses reputation of not to be fucked with will grow. I want teams dreading playing us.